Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1296405 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3465 on: July 16, 2019, 04:11:01 pm »
(_|_)

« Reply #3466 on: July 16, 2019, 05:15:15 pm »
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3467 on: July 21, 2019, 04:07:31 pm »
Caught the sold out The Chats at Union Stage.  It was a fun, high energy show from the 1st note, with a good crowd.  Very short 50 minute set but packed 17 songs in that time.  Openers Teen Mortgage were a surprisingly good opener, and I'm really enjoying their EP. 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 08:56:30 am by jeffml »

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #3468 on: July 22, 2019, 10:21:56 am »
saw 2 nights of the mountain goats last week. enjoyed the show wednesday more than thursday due to setlist being the more well known (to me), better peoples at the thursday show though. friday saw aimee mann, jonathan coulton and both were really great. sunday we caught 2 minutes of ratscape (i don't know what band was playing) and 30 mins of artscape (english beat). it was so fucking hot out. not enjoyable.

click the link in bio to follow and subscribe.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3469 on: July 22, 2019, 10:26:03 am »
I did probably the nerdiest thing I have ever done and attended a podcast (How Did This Get Made) taping on Saturday. It was hilarious. Rollicking good time. Now I just need to see Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.
LVMH

« Reply #3470 on: July 22, 2019, 10:45:05 am »
I had an interesting weekend of 'shows'

Saw Scott Kelly (US astronaut with longest time in space) speak (was great and inspiring)
Watched Star Wars: A New Hope with a full orchestra (Amazing...if you are a fan this was such a treat to hear Williams phenomenal score done live)
Saw guy from Antiques Road show do a talk (was very interesting, but not life changing)
Saw Ira Glass provide an evening of thought, laughter and ideas (enjoyed and would do again. What a gift for engaging storytelling, could make the reading of an aspirin bottle interesting)
slack

TheREALHunter

« Reply #3471 on: July 22, 2019, 10:49:38 am »
Went to Harrisonburg on Saturday to catch Sierra Ferrell play a headlining set on a night off of opening for Parker Millsap on tour, holy shit what a voice.

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #3472 on: July 22, 2019, 11:49:10 am »
I did probably the nerdiest thing I have ever done and attended a podcast (How Did This Get Made) taping on Saturday. It was hilarious. Rollicking good time. Now I just need to see Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

Caught their taping last night at DAR. Had a blast. Now I just need to see Body of Evidence.

« Reply #3473 on: July 22, 2019, 11:58:35 am »

Caught their taping last night at DAR. Had a blast. Now I just need to see Body of Evidence.
I went in Richmond and the film was Star Crash which was . . . bonkers.
LVMH

« Reply #3474 on: July 22, 2019, 12:14:17 pm »

I went in Richmond and the film was Star Crash which was . . . bonkers.
Hoff was so dreamy back then
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #3475 on: July 22, 2019, 12:44:49 pm »

dafuq?
<sig>

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3476 on: July 22, 2019, 01:19:34 pm »
saw 2 nights of the mountain goats last week. enjoyed the show wednesday more than thursday due to setlist being the more well known (to me), better peoples at the thursday show though. friday saw aimee mann, jonathan coulton and both were really great. sunday we caught 2 minutes of ratscape (i don't know what band was playing) and 30 mins of artscape (english beat). it was so fucking hot out. not enjoyable.

managed to snag page 1 of the setlist from Thursday

and the dopeass poster

and this side shot

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 01:50:00 pm by excontradiction »

« Reply #3477 on: July 22, 2019, 01:31:10 pm »
Can confirm: that poster is dopeass.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #3478 on: July 22, 2019, 01:42:27 pm »
Very cool...

I would have big time preferred night one based on the acoustic set alone

I can’t believe he doesn’t play Going to Georgia every single night but I sure respect it

« Reply #3479 on: July 22, 2019, 02:00:14 pm »
I can’t believe he doesn’t play Going to Georgia every single night but I sure respect it
While I agree...if I went to that show, would probably be my #1 request
a large portion of his fan base wasn't even born when that came out

I don't agree with his stance on the song...but it's his song, so whodafuckamI

hasn't played since 2012

this is an interesting read
https://www.reddit.com/r/themountaingoats/comments/4gpag6/john_tells_the_story_of_how_going_to_georgia_was/
and this
https://themountaingoats.fandom.com/wiki/Going_to_Georgia

"I honestly don't want to play Going to Georgia ever again. I really confronted my old catalog because I began getting more and more engaged with my feminism, and I think Going to Georgia is a bullshit song. Bottom line: I know it's got a nice melody, and it's got a cool vibe, but that dude is bullshit and I don't want to be involved with him anymore. I'm not saying I'll never play it, I probably will, especially when the three of us are playing it kind of rocks, but I wish its lyrics were different, I don't know what to do with that. I don't like what's going on in that song. It seems daring and edgy to a 26-year-old dude to have a guy who goes down with a gun for unknown purposes to see somebody he claims to love, but to my present self, that guy is a fucking asshole. I don't like to celebrate things like that. I'm not ashamed of the song, the song has a vibe, I can't deny it, and I listen to Cannibal Corpse, you know. The song 'Fucked with a Knife', there aren't multiple readings of that song. That song is a terrible, horrible song but you know, my own part in that stuff, I don't know. I have complex feelings about it." -- 2012-06-22 - Rio Theater - Vancouver, British Columbia

When requested by an audience member at encore - "Dude, I don't know if you got the memo, but I don't play that song anymore. Plenty of other bands cover it very nicely and you can listen to them." 2017-05-25 - Saturn - Birmingham, AL

""If you should find yourself in this song, heaven forbid, don't say 'Oh! What's the chance for epiphany here?' Call the cops. There's a fucking psychopath on my porch. I hate him, and I want him to go to jail. And if the police say 'What if he's having some deep feelings?' Tell them 'Take your patriarchal bullshit down to the garbage can where it belongs and haul this guy off to jail because he has a gun."" 2016-11-21 - Second City - Chicago, IL

« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 02:03:46 pm by Yoba Hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack