Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268953 times)

lily1

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #4710 on: November 10, 2022, 10:35:07 am »
Travis was just a lovely soothing balm for nearly two hours last night.

Yada

« Reply #4711 on: November 13, 2022, 03:37:29 pm »
JRaD was just rippin'

All of these other incarnations of the dead should just stop, including the OG members... Super fun nigh of music.

Sound was HARSH and LOUD though... like way too loud... even with ear plugs. I can't imagine making it through that evening without ear protection.

Getting into the Anthem was the WORST it's ever been for me... HAD Super Excellent seats, showed up 30 minutes before show time and that line was somehow longer than the general admission line.

Went to the box office, they issued me tickets to just go in through GA and then some numbskull in the wristband line said I couldn't enter through GA because I had Super Excellenet seats... LOL. I basically told him to fuck off and just got in line at GA.

Saw my guy hutch briefly and glad I hadn't read his dying post pre show or I maybe would've cried.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #4712 on: November 13, 2022, 04:10:50 pm »
Thanks. Also not a huge fan of WE. Everything Now has some baffling tracks. Definitely on the decline.

Would have loved to see Crown and In The Backseat played. Looks like they've been rotating in deeper cuts lately. Saw Black Wave/Bad Vibrations was played back in Sept.

Arcade Fire in 2005 at the Riviera in Chicago (with opener Wolf Parade) remains the best show I've ever seen. They were such an amazing band in those early days. Hearing them play In the Backseat to wrap up the show was just incredible, the crowd was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Such a shame that they went downhill so fast and that Win is apparently a bad person.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #4713 on: November 13, 2022, 04:16:01 pm »
I saw Smallpools at FSS on Thursday, my first indoor concert since Feb 2020. They're my pandemic band as I discovered them in 2020. They're not the greatest band but they have some catchy and fun songs. Street Fight, Over and Over and Killer Whales are sick tracks. Wish they would have played Admission to Your Party.

I was in the top 5% of oldest people there. Would have been the oldest if not for the parents with 10 yr old kids (awesome) at the show.

FSS is a pretty good venue, except for the whole Montgomery County throwing taxpayer money at Live Nation to open the place.

Space Freely

« Reply #4714 on: November 13, 2022, 04:58:21 pm »
Thanks. Also not a huge fan of WE. Everything Now has some baffling tracks. Definitely on the decline.

Would have loved to see Crown and In The Backseat played. Looks like they've been rotating in deeper cuts lately. Saw Black Wave/Bad Vibrations was played back in Sept.

Arcade Fire in 2005 at the Riviera in Chicago (with opener Wolf Parade) remains the best show I've ever seen. They were such an amazing band in those early days. Hearing them play In the Backseat to wrap up the show was just incredible, the crowd was so quiet you could hear a pin drop.

Such a shame that they went downhill so fast and that Win is apparently a bad person.

If you think Win is a bad person, you should read the Motley Crue or Led Zeppelin biographies.

Starsky

« Reply #4715 on: November 13, 2022, 07:57:03 pm »

Getting into the Anthem was the WORST it's ever been for me... HAD Super Excellent seats, showed up 30 minutes before show time and that line was somehow longer than the general admission line.

Went to the box office, they issued me tickets to just go in through GA and then some numbskull in the wristband line said I couldn't enter through GA because I had Super Excellenet seats... LOL. I basically told him to fuck off and just got in line at GA.

That’s too bad.

I was inside. I can’t believe someone told you that you couldn’t use the GA line……ugh

Yeah, it wasn’t the smoothest night on lines. It doesn’t help when there isn’t an opening act and everyone arrives at the same time but no excuses. Disappointing.

JRAD are fantastic.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4716 on: November 13, 2022, 08:24:05 pm »
JRAD are fantastic.

I made it into the venue around 7:50. Well timed, got close to the front of a chill crowd,  compared to say KGLW. Sorry I missed seeing either of you.

First time seeing JRAD. No lack of talent, but I feel like they dont have the nuance of the GD. It was nearly all loud, high-energy jam - which is great - but I felt like there wasn't a break. I may have missed something, but the OGs had an overall flow that seemed to be lacking.

Then again, the claim is that they're the best GD cover band, not that they're as good as the original.

« Reply #4717 on: November 13, 2022, 08:32:43 pm »
that was a shot across the bow I didn’t see coming
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #4718 on: November 13, 2022, 09:17:11 pm »
I also didn't *love* the set. I mean who the hell OPENS with Crazy Fingers??? Isn't that a second set song?

Yada

« Reply #4719 on: November 13, 2022, 09:18:23 pm »
There's a reason they're named "almost" Daed... don't think they're trying or supposed to sound just like the dead. 

The loudness I get (pretty sure that's an anthem issue), but too much energy?? Come on now!

Starsky

« Reply #4720 on: November 13, 2022, 10:03:50 pm »
JRAD are a more muscular powerful version of the Dead than the usual Dead bands that almost universally put me to sleep….it’s kind of like the mid to late 70s dead where the drug fueling the music is coke not acid or weed…
I am all about the energy…
« Last Edit: November 13, 2022, 10:07:11 pm by Starsky »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #4721 on: November 13, 2022, 10:43:49 pm »
Well said

Space Freely

« Reply #4722 on: November 13, 2022, 10:46:21 pm »
This Mavericks show is the best Latino rock show of the year.

Space Freely

« Reply #4723 on: November 14, 2022, 09:07:05 am »
This Mavericks show is the best Latino rock show of the year.

To type my usual snark would take away from just how great this show as. As Vas said, "Amazing show."

It doesn't get much better than that show. A+.

Who is JRAD?

Starsky

« Reply #4724 on: November 14, 2022, 09:10:46 am »
Great to hear!

What makes it Latino rock?