Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268199 times)

hutch

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #75 on: April 11, 2012, 12:53:25 am »
RNR Hotel blows for music...horrible.. I have avoided the place all these years and doubt I'll go again for music...the upstairs is fine but the live music room sucks.

azaghal1981

« Reply #76 on: April 11, 2012, 01:07:55 am »
Welcome to 2007?

How does Jack White Kool-Aid taste?
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2012, 08:28:34 am »
Welcome to 2007?

the same as some of the shit you go see on a daily basis.  it all tastes the same.

stevewizzle

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:25 am »
on the topic of rnr... Saw White Denim last night.  real good set, good crowd, AMAZING venue. 

okay... just kidding about the venue, but it wasn't terrible.  and the roof deck addition is nice. 

hutch

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2012, 09:11:55 am »
on the topic of rnr... Saw White Denim last night.  real good set, good crowd, AMAZING venue. 

okay... just kidding about the venue, but it wasn't terrible.  and the roof deck addition is nice. 

the sound was good.. but the narrow rectangular box does not work.. you can't move basically..

they could really improve the place if they made the floor incline upwards (if that makes sense) and raised the stage...

hutch

« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2012, 09:14:39 am »
Welcome to 2007?

great white stripes show at the patriot center in 2007!

Yada

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2012, 09:21:23 am »

I wish I had the ambition to hit up shows during the week...

stevewizzle

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2012, 09:36:57 am »

the sound was good.. but the narrow rectangular box does not work.. you can't move basically..

they could really improve the place if they made the floor incline upwards (if that makes sense) and raised the stage...

middle east does this in boston.  site lines are great, and agree the narrow room doesn't work, and they pack it in.

i view it as a nice offset to the shitty 40-hr work week. 

James Ford

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2012, 11:56:18 am »
Isn't that what my couch is for?  :D

i view it as a nice offset to the shitty 40-hr work week. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2012, 12:23:03 pm »
Welcome to 2007?

Very awesome show, I have a poor recording of it on my desktop. Super happy, we were right up front between Meg and Jack.
‼‼?‼‼

hutch

« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2012, 12:50:37 pm »
Welcome to 2007?

Very awesome show, I have a poor recording of it on my desktop. Super happy, we were right up front between Meg and Jack.

yeah i was on floor also.. just bummed i didn't take a digital camera...i think it was close to their final show..

eltee

« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2012, 12:34:10 pm »
Nada Surf was good as always - not sure why more boardies and locals don't go ...their music is similar to other music people are yammering about...Sound was muddy with too much bass until mid-show when it was corrected. Then vocals and guitars were crisp (azag terminology), they sounded great as always. Nice guys too, with good stage presence.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 12:47:10 am by Nomeimporta »

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #87 on: April 12, 2012, 07:23:16 pm »
^^^ I always see Nada Surf when they come to town. They were on FIRE. They played Concrete Bed and Whose Authority in about 90 seconds flat each. Hyperspace is easily their best live song and all the new album songs are good live, too, especially Clear Eye Clouded Mind, Teenage Dream and When I Was Young.

I used to think "I can't believe these guys aren't more popular," but I don't care anymore. It was SO refreshing to be able to attend a show at 9:30 that was not packed to the FUCKING GILLS and was only 3/4. Great, great night.

eltee

« Reply #88 on: April 13, 2012, 12:49:14 am »
Awesome. Makes me want to go to the 7/5 RHL show, but unsure about the trek to B'more on a weeknight. Loved that it wasn't crowded too, everyone was there to enjoy their music which is the right amount of indie, rock and grit. Those guys are seasoned players too, and great songwriters.

eltee

« Reply #89 on: April 13, 2012, 12:54:59 am »
RNR Hotel blows for music...horrible.. I have avoided the place all these years and doubt I'll go again for music...the upstairs is fine but the live music room sucks.
I really want another venue to scoop in and grab Great Lake Swimmers from playing there. I would go, but all you have said about this place, just can't do it.