Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268859 times)

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2012, 02:09:25 pm »
OK that does sound a bit odd, but i've been sleeping on far to many shows of late... i suppose i could blame my advanced age...

Matthews is loath to touring. So pay money for his records, kiddies.
😐 🎶

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2012, 09:40:54 pm »
OK that does sound a bit odd, but i've been sleeping on far to many shows of late... i suppose i could blame my advanced age...

... or blame all the kids on your lawn, impeding your ability to leave the house... ;D
<sig>

azaghal1981

« Reply #107 on: May 20, 2012, 04:45:05 pm »
Anyone see The Make Up last night?
احمد

Darth Ed

« Reply #108 on: May 21, 2012, 07:32:31 pm »
Anyone see The Make Up last night?

No, I saw Ms. Director at the Black Cat Backstage instead. Good stuff!

azaghal1981

« Reply #109 on: May 21, 2012, 07:43:58 pm »
The make up show was on Saturday.
احمد

killsaly

« Reply #110 on: May 22, 2012, 11:01:09 am »
The Polyphonic Spree did not disappoint.  What a fun time.

I tried to keep an eye out for cat shirts, but didnt see any. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #111 on: May 22, 2012, 12:35:12 pm »
The Polyphonic Spree did not disappoint.  What a fun time.

I tried to keep an eye out for cat shirts, but didnt see any. 

show sold out before i could go.  plus i worked like 16 hours on sat and sun.  there was no way i had the energy to go.  hope it was awesome . . . though somehow i think the band has waned.

Driveway

« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2012, 12:39:01 pm »
The Spree was great despite horrible sound.  I think it was turned up too loud for the boomy venue.  It was a treat to hear King.  I hope they come back soon!

hutch

« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2012, 12:48:14 pm »
The Spree was great despite horrible sound.  I think it was turned up too loud for the boomy venue.  It was a treat to hear King.  I hope they come back soon!

Maybe U Street Hall?

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2012, 12:50:56 pm »
Saw my first show at RnR hotel this past weekend. Not nearly as awful as I feared.

Not great. Not awful. Ottobar is infinitely better.

killsaly

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2012, 01:53:06 pm »
Where were you located?  I was in the back near the door by the merch, and it sounded great.  my only gripe, sound wise, was the guitar was too low (especially on the guitar heavy Fragile Army tracks) and the chorus/background singers were too low.  I thought the sound was good, other than those two small complaints.  I wouldn't call it horrible, but that's just me. As for coming back soon, it was like 5 years between Fragile Army tour show at 930 and last night, but you never know.  I am assuming they will tour for their next album release.

eltee

« Reply #116 on: May 22, 2012, 02:06:09 pm »

Maybe U Street Hall?
My ears would blow if I heard them in that room. 930 is always fun and great sound for them.

hutch

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2012, 02:23:07 pm »

Maybe U Street Hall?
My ears would blow if I heard them in that room. 930 is always fun and great sound for them.

what about Iota in Arlington? Seems they might be able to  fill that, or is that a stretch for them now?

Driveway

« Reply #118 on: May 22, 2012, 02:43:34 pm »
Where were you located?  I was in the back near the door by the merch, and it sounded great.  my only gripe, sound wise, was the guitar was too low (especially on the guitar heavy Fragile Army tracks) and the chorus/background singers were too low.  I thought the sound was good, other than those two small complaints.  I wouldn't call it horrible, but that's just me. As for coming back soon, it was like 5 years between Fragile Army tour show at 930 and last night, but you never know.  I am assuming they will tour for their next album release.

Left hand side a little more than half way back, by the side door.

eltee

« Reply #119 on: May 22, 2012, 03:14:39 pm »

Maybe U Street Hall?

what about Iota in Arlington? Seems they might be able to  fill that, or is that a stretch for them now?
Are we referring to the same - Poly Spree? Iota's capacity is 160 or less. Did they not have a good showing at 6&I? Would have thought it was a great venue for them, too bad the sound didn't deliver.