Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1268313 times)

Vas Deferens

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #3675 on: October 15, 2019, 01:03:10 pm »
Cool.  Have you seen the band Shame?!

Idles show was high energy fun show at the club.  Well done!
(_|_)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3676 on: October 15, 2019, 01:33:53 pm »
Yes. Saw Shame at Black Cat.  They were a lot of fun.  Charlie Steen is a true frontman.  Looking forward to the next album and set of shows from them.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3677 on: October 15, 2019, 02:16:17 pm »
Charlie Steen is a true frontman. 
It's all the tiger blood running through his veins.
LVMH

Vas Deferens

« Reply #3678 on: October 15, 2019, 02:31:14 pm »
yes, I wish the Idles frontman has the same energy...

Yes. Saw Shame at Black Cat.  They were a lot of fun.  Charlie Steen is a true frontman.  Looking forward to the next album and set of shows from them.

(_|_)

Space Freely

« Reply #3679 on: October 15, 2019, 08:49:30 pm »
How much .money did I pay for seats to have fat middle ages cows stand in front of my kid bobbing their heads and twirling their fingers and bumping their to fat asses into their aeatvacks!

Yada

« Reply #3680 on: October 15, 2019, 08:53:16 pm »
How much .money did I pay for seats to have fat middle ages cows stand in front of my kid bobbing their heads and twirling their fingers and bumping their to fat asses into their aeatvacks!

This is the content I'm here for.

WALKonBack

« Reply #3681 on: October 15, 2019, 09:03:04 pm »

next, time, don't bring kids to a show.  no one wants them there.

the, end.

hutch

« Reply #3682 on: October 15, 2019, 09:10:42 pm »
Why is this show seated? Everyone is standing

They sound great

Space Freely

« Reply #3683 on: October 15, 2019, 09:20:29 pm »

They sound great

Dreaming of killing them all

Wouldn't have come if had knownig want really a seated show . Bad foot and can't stand.

Space Freely

« Reply #3684 on: October 15, 2019, 09:22:33 pm »

next, time, don't bring kids to a show.  no one wants them there.

the, end.

Then make it an 18+ show asshole.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3685 on: October 15, 2019, 10:42:50 pm »
I definitely wouldn't bring a kid if "show asshole" was part of the deal.

hutch

« Reply #3686 on: October 16, 2019, 08:10:29 am »

They sound great

Dreaming of killing them all

Wouldn't have come if had knownig want really a seated show . Bad foot and can't stand.

Well it was a seated show but if people want to stand what are you going to do?

Sorry for your woes

If you have a bad foot and can’t stand you have an ADA need...next time say something on way in or even better call ahead so that arrangements can be made

Space Freely

« Reply #3687 on: October 16, 2019, 08:13:36 am »
If you took all the show related complaints that have ever been made and put them on a Bingo card, my Bingo card was pretty full yesterday and last night.

But too much whining is never a good look, so I'll keep it too a minimum and instead focus on making an apology. I apologize to the kind, gentle animal that I compared a certain beast to last night. At least I'm a vegetarian.

Furthermore, I'd also like to apologize to all of the female dogs I insulted (in my mind) every time the Academy Award winning cinematographer directly in front of me held her camera over her head to film songs, obstructing my view from my standing room only chair that I was wedged into and couldn't maneuver around like I could if I were at a *real* standing club show.

And finally, I'd like to apologize to all of the penises in the world who I insulted (again, in my mind) every time (at least every other song) the (award winning at least in his mama's eyes) Richard two rows in front of me raised his  camera aloft, also blocking my view. I hope Jeff Tweedy's "ugly" but loveable mug didn't break your camera!

In summary, I love cows, female dogs, and penises. My apologies to them for my negativity.

As far as the show goes, I apologize for my pre-show arguing to the naysayers who complain about Wilco playing the same old deep-cuts-free setlist and topping it off with a smattering of boring new songs...you naysayers are so wise, and I was so naively dumb to hope for much otherwise. Sorry!!!

Hutch (I think I saw you out of the corner of my eye as we made our post-show, beating the Nats' traffic, getting home so we could all get up at 6am escape...sorry I didn't get a chance to say hi, next time I swear!) was spot on when he said they sounded great...it's like the Wilco machine has practiced these songs to a tight knit science (miss you, sloppy Jay Bennett). When Jeff said "We're not going to do much chit chat, we've got a lot of songs to get through." my heart sunk because the chit chat is really the only spontaneity in their show, especially when "a lot of songs to get through" is the alternative. Hey, at least they didn't do "Heavy Metal Drummer."

On a positive note, my other half enjoyed the show (and didn't fall asleep, which is harder when you're standing in front of your chair instead of sitting in it!) And I made it to the car to hear the Nats win the pennant. So it was not a total loss!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3688 on: October 16, 2019, 08:22:03 am »

In summary, I love cows, female dogs, and penises. My apologies to them for my negativity.

You must be fun at parties.

Space Freely

« Reply #3689 on: October 16, 2019, 08:25:18 am »

You must be fun at parties.

It really just depends on the party.