Author Topic: Post Show Banter >>>>  (Read 1807116 times)

Space Freely

Re: Post Show Banter >>>>
« Reply #5505 on: August 28, 2024, 12:54:35 pm »
Last nights Jack White show was once again fantastic.  We arrived around 6:30, line was stretched around two corners of the building.  Doors opened at 7 and it took another 30 minutes to get in.  The opener Des Demonas came on around 8:15, despite a bit of technical difficulty halfway through their set (where they were saved by one of those spiffy dress roadies) they still put on a great show.  Would certainly check them out again given the opportunity.

Jack and band took the stage at 9:15 and played a fantastic set.  I would say 60% overlap with previous night but enough change-ups to keep things interesting.  They played a few more songs than the night before followed by a 3 song encore wrapping up around 10:45 or so.  Sound was fantastic, cleaner, and more refined than BlackCat (which probably goes without saying) but somehow didn't feel quite as engaging.  The Black Cat performance felt more raw and fitting for the material he selected for this tour. 

Was looking forward to catching up on sleep tonight but I guess I will be hitting a third show at the Atlantis.

I guess you'll be eating ramen noodles in September now that Jack White has swallowed your food budget for the month.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #5506 on: August 28, 2024, 01:09:00 pm »
I would say 60% overlap with previous night but enough change-ups to keep things interesting.  They played a few more songs than the night before followed by a 3 song encore wrapping up around 10:45 or so.

16 songs during 1:15 @ BC vs. 19 songs during 1:35 @ 930

feeling too lazy to calculate overlap %
<sig>

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #5507 on: August 28, 2024, 01:30:56 pm »
I made the mistake of pouring over the recent Jack White setlists and it would appear a subscription to Nugs is in order.

The St. Andrew’s show in Detroit complete with a The Go cover looks worth checking out, as does the Black Cat show with the White Stripes covers.  Hotel Yorba is an all time favorite song
T.Rex

gavroche

« Reply #5508 on: August 30, 2024, 07:56:32 am »
How was the Atlantis Jack White gig?  The clips I saw made it look like the most energetic of the three.

Space Freely

« Reply #5509 on: August 30, 2024, 09:00:26 am »
How was the Atlantis Jack White gig?  The clips I saw made it look like the most energetic of the three.

Were you guys who judge a show by the energy level really into pep rallies when you were in high school?

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #5510 on: August 30, 2024, 09:09:21 am »

Were you guys who judge a show by the energy level really into pep rallies when you were in high school?
I was Mr. Most School Spirit 3 of my 4 years in high school. Would've been 4 of 4 but that damn Jamie Taco kept stealing all of my flair! Fuck you, Jamie Taco!!
LVMH

Mobius

« Reply #5511 on: August 30, 2024, 04:46:55 pm »
Jack White played the Elephant trifecta of Seven Nation Army, Black Math and Ball and Biscuit at Atlantis. Wow.  Saw White Stripes at Hammerstein Ballroom in 2003 and those were the songs that stand out as making my head explode.

Blind Pig show will be incredible. 

And this tour has me thinking Mr. White is ready for White Stripes reunion if Meg is up for it.

« Reply #5512 on: August 30, 2024, 06:55:59 pm »
Blind Pig show will be incredible. 
Yo! You going to be in Ann Arbor for this? PM me.
LVMH

Mobius

« Reply #5513 on: August 30, 2024, 07:48:02 pm »
It’s the perfect weekend - night game at the Big House (good weather no less) and then Jack White at Blind Pig . . .but I won’t be there . . .

« Reply #5514 on: August 30, 2024, 08:01:35 pm »
It’s the perfect weekend - night game at the Big House (good weather no less) and then Jack White at Blind Pig . . .but I won’t be there . . .
We were so close to being best friends until that first ellipsis.
LVMH

gavroche

« Reply #5515 on: August 30, 2024, 10:59:01 pm »

Hard to say... ours were always forced and lacking energy! 

hutch

« Reply #5516 on: August 31, 2024, 09:05:19 pm »
Currently at Neville Street Groove at Jammin Java

They just did whole lotta Rosie!

Last year their main singer was missing due to Covid but she is here now

hutch

« Reply #5517 on: September 02, 2024, 01:09:31 am »
Jazz fest on the pier tonight sounded great. Dianne Reeves, Galactic and Chuck Brown Band.
Obviously only Dianne was Jazz strictly speaking

hutch

« Reply #5518 on: September 03, 2024, 10:12:54 am »
Howas Hooky?
I wanted to go but had to work that night…

Space Freely

« Reply #5519 on: September 03, 2024, 02:43:24 pm »
I had intended to go to the free Cloud Cult show in Herndon Saturday, but when a fellow boardie offered me a free ticket to Mitski/Alvvays Saturday, I opted for that one.

I stopped at my favorite MD brewery nearby before the show. An obese middle aged couple was asking the obese middle aged bartendress if she was going to any of the Mitski shows, and the bartendress asked "Who's Mitski? The couple proceeded to explain, but made it clear that they weren't going. But they boasted that they did see Jack White at the Atlantis. That sounds about right.

Alvvays are a current favorite, and they didn't disappoint.
Mitski early on thanked all the parents who brought their kids to the show and warned them the show was going to be R rated. It wasn't. Her show was kind of "Meh." Nice to see Fats Kaplin picking up a nice paycheck. Almost as random as Donnie Herron getting picked up by Bob Dylan.