Author Topic: ORIOLES  (Read 476573 times)

K8teebug

Re: ORIOLES
« Reply #1140 on: September 23, 2013, 10:20:38 am »
I love baseball.  I don't think it's boring.  I have faith they will have a winning season.  I watch every Orioles game and have since I was little.  So for me, especially after watching them lose and lose and lose for years and years and years, I'm a happy fan.

I'm over you fair weather fans.

K8teebug

« Reply #1141 on: September 23, 2013, 10:40:16 am »
and I went to around 16 games last year and 13-14 this year, including going to Cleveland.

Sorry you guys don't like baseball.  Glad you won't be next to me complaining.

atomic

« Reply #1142 on: September 23, 2013, 10:42:09 am »
and I went to around 16 games last year and 13-14 this year, including going to Cleveland.

Yeah because baseball games are so much fun when you are the only one there.

K8teebug

« Reply #1143 on: September 23, 2013, 10:46:36 am »
They are to me.  Especially when I'm watching with real fans.

I love baseball.  It's my favorite.  I don't need beer or people screaming to find it exciting.

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #1144 on: September 23, 2013, 11:19:31 am »
I think you went to too many games.

I think it's up to the individual to decide that.  I love baseball and usually attend ~15 games a year.  Didn't come close to that this year, unfortunately.  Only saw the O's lose once.

A .500 season has to be a disappointment based on expectations.  Hopefully the front office sees it that way and acquires the few missing pieces we need for next season.

Thinking of going on Friday.

shemptiness

« Reply #1145 on: September 23, 2013, 12:35:27 pm »

I have no idea why you have season tickets.  All you do is complain about the team, the game, the sport, etc.  Maybe you should invest in Caps tix instead.

shemptiness

« Reply #1146 on: September 23, 2013, 12:37:36 pm »
I think you went to too many games.

I think it's up to the individual to decide that.  I love baseball and usually attend ~15 games a year.  Didn't come close to that this year, unfortunately.  Only saw the O's lose once.

A .500 season has to be a disappointment based on expectations.  Hopefully the front office sees it that way and acquires the few missing pieces we need for next season.

Thinking of going on Friday.

Going Thursday and Sunday.  As far as the FO goes - seems to me they made moves to acquire more pitching around the deadline.  The team just stopped hitting. 

atomic

« Reply #1147 on: September 23, 2013, 01:26:37 pm »

I have no idea why you have season tickets.  All you do is complain about the team, the game, the sport, etc.  Maybe you should invest in Caps tix instead.

I won't have season tickets next year.  I thought it would be fun.  16 games in a season is too many.  I won't be getting Caps tickets as they are too much money and I don't feel like driving to DC.  I do think hockey players should get paid more money as there is actually some competition to get them to play in North America and it is a physical game.   

K8teebug

« Reply #1148 on: September 23, 2013, 01:36:12 pm »
If I lived closer to the stadium, I would get the 29 game plan for sure.

You just don't like baseball.  Go drink beer at a bar and watch the game on tv with the other frat guys.

atomic

« Reply #1149 on: September 23, 2013, 02:02:05 pm »
If I lived closer to the stadium, I would get the 29 game plan for sure.

You just don't like baseball.  Go drink beer at a bar and watch the game on tv with the other frat guys.

I like being outside drinking on a nice day.  I think that is what baseball has going for it.  Perhaps that is why I liked it less in July and August.  Too hot.  On a nice sunny 70 degree day it is awesome.  Drinking my Belgium Beer and having a pretzel. 

atomic

« Reply #1150 on: September 23, 2013, 06:33:23 pm »
Evidently Machado just severly injured his knee.

vansmack

« Reply #1151 on: September 23, 2013, 07:24:21 pm »
Evidently Machado just severly injured his knee.

I saw that - stretchered off.  Totally sucks.  Fingers crossed. 

Manny Machado suffers leg injury
Updated: September 23, 2013, 7:07 PM ET
Associated Press

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. -- Baltimore Orioles third baseman Manny Machado has been taken off the field on a stretcher after injuring his left leg running out an infield single.

Machado's leg buckled when he reached the first-base bag in the seventh inning of Monday's game at Tampa Bay.

Machado was in obvious pain while being treated on the infield dirt near first by team trainers and stadium medical officials.

Baltimore manager Buck Showalter patted Machado several times near the shoulder before the stretcher was moved from the playing field.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #1152 on: September 23, 2013, 08:10:10 pm »
More Orioles magic today!

shemptiness

« Reply #1153 on: September 23, 2013, 10:07:53 pm »
More Orioles magic today!

Isn't there at least part of the day when you're not a dick?

K8teebug

« Reply #1154 on: September 24, 2013, 11:04:41 am »
I am so depressed about Manny.

And I don't think so...about whatever the f that forum poster is...