Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 865015 times)

lily1

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #2700 on: January 27, 2022, 10:39:43 am »
As I've never participated in a presale where I wasn't forced to buy tickets online due to potential sell out...

If there is a presale, can you go to box office and buy the tickets and just give them verbally the password for the presale?

I'd like to think that (band that many of us will be buying tickets to) won't sell out immediately in the presale so I was just going to meander down to the box office after work and purchase and avoid the evil ticketwanker fees.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #2701 on: January 27, 2022, 10:52:32 am »
If there is a presale, can you go to box office and buy the tickets and just give them verbally the password for the presale?
I've never heard of anyone doing this so likely not.
LVMH

« Reply #2702 on: January 27, 2022, 11:14:11 am »

I'd talk to Eddie or Human@930.com  I things changed with the move to ticketbastard
slack

Yada

« Reply #2703 on: January 27, 2022, 11:17:05 am »
As I've never participated in a presale where I wasn't forced to buy tickets online due to potential sell out...

I'd like to think that (band that many of us will be buying tickets to) won't sell out immediately in the presale so I was just going to meander down to the box office after work and purchase and avoid the evil ticketwanker fees.

You absolutely can't verbally give a password at the box office. If there's that much pent up demand, by the time the grumpy window worker has you repeat the password three times, writes it down, spells it wrong, then again for the second time, your tickets will be long gone.

« Reply #2704 on: January 27, 2022, 11:59:42 am »
Is the box office even open at 10AM when they start?
slack

Starsky

« Reply #2705 on: January 27, 2022, 12:02:32 pm »
Some presales- typically for the highest demand shows - have a certain number of tickets allocated….

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #2706 on: January 27, 2022, 12:06:26 pm »

You absolutely can't verbally give a password at the box office. If there's that much pent up demand, by the time the grumpy window worker has you repeat the password three times, writes it down, spells it wrong, then again for the second time, your tickets will be long gone.

I am 72% confident that I have bought paper "artist presale" tickets at the box office in the distant past.

« Reply #2707 on: January 27, 2022, 12:52:04 pm »

I am 72% confident that I have bought paper "artist presale" tickets at the box office in the distant past.
definitely in the past have done that too
but now they are on ticketwanker, does that still apply
slack

Yada

« Reply #2708 on: January 27, 2022, 01:17:41 pm »
Didn't take that capitalist Neil too long to hop on Sirius!

lily1

« Reply #2709 on: January 27, 2022, 01:28:51 pm »
Some presales- typically for the highest demand shows - have a certain number of tickets allocated….

Ah yes, I had forgotten that. Having been on the losing side of artist presales many times over the years...

lily1

« Reply #2710 on: January 27, 2022, 01:29:57 pm »

definitely in the past have done that too
but now they are on ticketwanker, does that still apply

As if we need another reason to hate ticketwanker.   :)

BrettnotBritt

« Reply #2711 on: January 27, 2022, 01:55:03 pm »
Will be looking forward to listening to this:

‘THE BEATLES: GET BACK-THE ROOFTOP PERFORMANCE’
Complete, Newly Mixed Audio To Debut For Global Streaming

The Beatles’ Legendary 1969 Rooftop Concert Audio is Newly Mixed by Giles Martin and Sam Okell in Stereo and Dolby Atmos
New Streaming Release Leads the Celebration for This Sunday’s 53rd Anniversary of The Beatles’ Final Live Performance Atop The Apple Corps Headquarters in London

For the first time, the complete audio for the band’s legendary rooftop performance has been mixed in stereo and Dolby Atmos by Giles Martin and Sam Okell. The Beatles: Get Back–The Rooftop Performance is available for global streaming tonight, 27th January, at 9pm PST / 12am EST (tomorrow at 5am GMT).

Read the full details about the release and the many events happening over the next few days celebrating the 53rd anniversary of the band’s rooftop performance.

https://www.thebeatles.com/beatles-get-back-rooftop-performance-0
« Last Edit: January 27, 2022, 01:56:37 pm by BrettnotBritt »

lily1

« Reply #2712 on: January 27, 2022, 04:18:24 pm »
Eddie has confirmed that presales can only be online and not in person.

In person purchase are general sale only.

This concludes today's concert lesson for the day. :)

« Reply #2713 on: January 27, 2022, 04:39:58 pm »
Eddie has confirmed that presales can only be online and not in person.

In person purchase are general sale only.

This concludes today's concert lesson for the day. :)
thanks for sharing!
slack

vansmack

« Reply #2714 on: January 27, 2022, 05:40:46 pm »
Will be looking forward to listening to this:

‘THE BEATLES: GET BACK-THE ROOFTOP PERFORMANCE’
Complete, Newly Mixed Audio To Debut For Global Streaming

The Beatles’ Legendary 1969 Rooftop Concert Audio is Newly Mixed by Giles Martin and Sam Okell in Stereo and Dolby Atmos

The inclusion of Dolby ATMOS is interesting to me.  When watching the video of a live performance with ATMOS, your mind understands the movement of the sound because you can physically see where the sound is coming from on the screen.  When just listening, I do wonder if I'm going to appreciate it as much or just find it annoying.  Will have to check it out tomorrow as 9PM is too late to night to crank it up.   
27>34