Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 892237 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #3060 on: February 24, 2023, 01:31:12 pm »
Can someone take the plunge and listen to Cigarettes After Sex?  The description of the band on Spotify broke me...
T.Rex

gavroche

« Reply #3061 on: February 24, 2023, 02:30:55 pm »
Can someone take the plunge and listen to Cigarettes After Sex?  The description of the band on Spotify broke me...

They opened for Nick Cave at the Anthem sometime pre-covid.  I was bored, but not offended. 

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #3062 on: February 24, 2023, 02:37:10 pm »
I prefer the reverse: to be offended, but not bored.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3063 on: February 24, 2023, 02:59:43 pm »
I bought a ticket for night one without much preparation or knowledge.

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #3064 on: February 24, 2023, 03:16:19 pm »
I’m sure cigarettes before sex are alright but this makes my head hurt

The music of Cigarettes After Sex invokes not only the powerful feelings of euphoria inherent in the band’s name itself, but somehow manages to recreate emotions found only in the most romantic of movies; immersive, achingly nostalgic, thoroughly transporting, and intensely visual.
T.Rex

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #3065 on: February 24, 2023, 03:39:11 pm »
I was not prepared for that.

« Reply #3066 on: February 24, 2023, 04:05:39 pm »
I’m sure cigarettes before sex are alright but this makes my head hurt

The music of Cigarettes After Sex invokes not only the powerful feelings of euphoria inherent in the band’s name itself, but somehow manages to recreate emotions found only in the most romantic of movies; immersive, achingly nostalgic, thoroughly transporting, and intensely visual.
Whoever wrote this has jacked off while watching Breathless, I guarantee.
LVMH

Hutch

« Reply #3067 on: February 25, 2023, 05:45:48 pm »
My two favorite guitarists - both pretty much retired now- together in the studio.

I like that but man do they look old…

https://www.pulse-and-spirit.com/david-gilmour/david-gilmour-und-mark-knopfler-im-studio/

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3068 on: February 26, 2023, 10:27:47 pm »
Shit.  What happened to Starsky?

My two favorite guitarists - both pretty much retired now- together in the studio.

I like that but man do they look old…

https://www.pulse-and-spirit.com/david-gilmour/david-gilmour-und-mark-knopfler-im-studio/

Hutch

« Reply #3069 on: February 26, 2023, 10:37:47 pm »

It just never really gelled with him…he was never accepted around here. People kept calling him Hutch, he freaked, found me in retirement and it wasn’t pretty. He yelled at me Seth would see him at Anthem and call him “Hutch” when he was out there working tickets- look he blew through his savings and had to take a job/ and he just couldn’t take it anymore. He tried to kill me and it was kill or be killed. Swear.

Space Freely

« Reply #3070 on: February 26, 2023, 10:49:10 pm »
Wouldn't have recognized Knopfler.

Hutch

« Reply #3071 on: February 26, 2023, 11:09:37 pm »
The crazy thing is Knopfler is 73 and Gilmour is 76. People don’t realize Knopfler was older when he made it…most people would think gilmour made it in the 60s and Knopfler is from the 80s. But they are contemporaries.

« Reply #3072 on: February 26, 2023, 11:56:29 pm »

It just never really gelled with him…he was never accepted around here. People kept calling him Hutch, he freaked, found me in retirement and it wasn’t pretty. He yelled at me Seth would see him at Anthem and call him “Hutch” when he was out there working tickets- look he blew through his savings and had to take a job/ and he just couldn’t take it anymore. He tried to kill me and it was kill or be killed. Swear.
Really think you need to keep both accounts active. Over time, slowly develop different personalities and posting styles for each.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #3073 on: February 27, 2023, 08:54:26 am »
Really think you need to keep both accounts active. Over time, slowly develop different personalities and posting styles for each.

Agreed. We need to know what each of you is listening to!

« Reply #3074 on: February 27, 2023, 09:49:17 am »

Agreed. We need to know what each of you is listening to!
They should banter about it back and forth like a buddy-cop comedy, but about two guys listening to vinyl records.
LVMH