Author Topic: Musicological banter  (Read 895049 times)

walk,on,by

Re: Musicological banter
« Reply #1665 on: March 28, 2016, 01:17:44 pm »
http://www.tmz.com/2016/03/28/axl-rose-ac-dc-in-studio/

gurl . . . I know, tmz, but . . . gurrl.

hutch

« Reply #1666 on: March 28, 2016, 01:56:13 pm »
damn...its happening. where is that ron paul GIF?

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1667 on: March 29, 2016, 08:59:20 pm »
T.Rex

bob72

« Reply #1668 on: March 30, 2016, 08:42:04 am »
I was baffled by the hype as well considering...

http://www.alternativenation.net/before-the-rolling-stones-audioslave-rocked-cuba/

Don?t get me wrong, I have enormous respect for the Stones. Their music is undeniable and will forever be legendary. But what Audioslave did almost 11 years ago should not be overlooked.
PENIS

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #1669 on: March 30, 2016, 12:48:46 pm »
😐 🎶

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1670 on: March 30, 2016, 01:13:16 pm »
Coming Kickstarters to buy radio stations ;)
T.Rex

walk,on,by

« Reply #1671 on: April 08, 2016, 10:59:25 am »
biggest influence on music, in our generation, meaning from 1970 to today?  I have to think, most people would say david bowie, but I wonder if anyone could match him or come close, like Michael Jackson or bruce springteen?  I am sure some people might throw out someone, who others would think is dumb, like stevie wonder, stevie ray Vaughn, kurt cobain, ozzy, david byrne, zamfir.

« Reply #1672 on: April 08, 2016, 04:35:34 pm »
how could you leave Ace Frehley off that list!
slack

« Reply #1673 on: April 08, 2016, 05:06:50 pm »

update from Houndmouth:

This is not the easiest news to share, but Katie Toupin is parting ways with Houndmouth. This is an amicable split, and Katie plans to pursue other opportunities.

We (Matt, Shane, and Zak) wish Katie the absolute best in all her future endeavors and want to thank her for the years we spent together as bandmates and, more importantly, friends. When we all first met as teenagers, we never dreamed that music would bring the four of us together and take us as far as it has. It?s been a long journey, and the time has come for our paths to split. We encourage everyone reading this to continue to support her.

FROM KATIE: I am incredibly thankful for all of our fans. Your relentless support has meant the world. We have been through so much together as a band, and none of it would have happened without the fans. I want to wish Houndmouth continued success. I would also like to ask the fans to continue to support me, along with the boys, as we go our separate ways
slack

walk,on,by

« Reply #1674 on: April 10, 2016, 12:55:04 pm »
Thank you, Bruce.

Yada

« Reply #1675 on: April 11, 2016, 09:05:57 am »

update from Houndmouth:

This is not the easiest news to share, but Katie Toupin is parting ways with Houndmouth. This is an amicable split, and Katie plans to pursue other opportunities.

We (Matt, Shane, and Zak) wish Katie the absolute best in all her future endeavors and want to thank her for the years we spent together as bandmates and, more importantly, friends. When we all first met as teenagers, we never dreamed that music would bring the four of us together and take us as far as it has. It?s been a long journey, and the time has come for our paths to split. We encourage everyone reading this to continue to support her.

FROM KATIE: I am incredibly thankful for all of our fans. Your relentless support has meant the world. We have been through so much together as a band, and none of it would have happened without the fans. I want to wish Houndmouth continued success. I would also like to ask the fans to continue to support me, along with the boys, as we go our separate ways

hutch

« Reply #1678 on: April 13, 2016, 04:43:47 pm »
The Black Keys Say They Regret Inducting Steve Miller Into Rock Hall of Fame

I was sad to read this earlier... after reading it hard not to conclude Miller is not a nice man.... although I'm not sure why Auerbach is so shocked Miller didn't know who they were.. I mean Steve Miller played with the greats.. his band even backed Chuck Berry (there's a record out I have of this performanc... a guy like Miller when it comes to blues rock is going to think the Black Keys are a derivative load of crap... he's going to compare them to Muddy Waters and Howlin' Wolf etc....if he even bothers to listen to them..although if I was accepting an award and so and so was going to induct me I would want to know something about them! So yeah miller seems like not a nice guy.. the RRHOF should be careful about who they pick to do the induction speeches...it shoudln't just be someone to drive ratings or make them hip with the youngsters..(read middle aged)

Still, if Miller really feels that way he should have said he wasn't accepting honor and left it at that... but he probably thought it would raise his profile and lead to higher sales for his tours every summer...
« Last Edit: April 13, 2016, 04:46:37 pm by hutch »

« Reply #1679 on: April 13, 2016, 06:05:57 pm »
slack