Author Topic: Kim replaces Kim in Pixies  (Read 6429 times)

Brian_Wallace

Re: Kim replaces Kim in Pixies
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 02:36:12 pm »
Pixies are rolling with Paz Lenchantin, who coincidentally, is a previous Corgan fill-in as well.

Wasn't she in Zwan?

That's good.   She's already used to dealing with bald, pissy frontmen whose best days were 20 years ago.

I guess Mark E. Smith and W. Axl Rose are the gold standard when it comes to firing sidemen, but Corgan and Francis have to be getting close, don't they?

I don't care.  I'm seeing The Breeders twice next week.  You can have your "Pixies".  The Breeders shows are going to be a lot more fun.

Brian

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Kim replaces Kim in Pixies
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 02:47:54 pm »
Wasn't she in Zwan? ...She's already used to dealing with bald, pissy frontmen whose best days were 20 years ago.
Yes, and yes.

I guess Mark E. Smith and W. Axl Rose are the gold standard when it comes to firing sidemen, but Corgan and Francis have to be getting close, don't they?
Robert Smith from The Cure has to be up there too. ... To be fair, Corgan really hasn't fired anyone I can recall off-hand (aside from Chamberlain when the drug thing happened). He's always been more the case of driving everyone else crazy to the point they can't stand to play with him anymore.

I don't care.  I'm seeing The Breeders twice next week.  You can have your "Pixies".  The Breeders shows are going to be a lot more fun.
Breeders hit Richmond a few months back and were really, really good.
LVMH