Author Topic: Bruce Springsteen at Nationals Park Roll Call  (Read 4814 times)

Yada

Re: Bruce Springsteen at Nationals Park Roll Call
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2012, 10:06:40 am »
i'll be there. do not expect the epic 4 hour shows that he did in europe. the us shows have been about 3-3.5 hours.

I am going and I'm a fan (not huge but i respect the man) but 3 hours is plenty for me! why would anyone want more?

Seriously.

hutch

« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2012, 10:22:35 am »
can confirm Peter Wolf will not be a guest as the J Geils Band high tailed it to Atlantic City after the show last night

James Ford

« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2012, 11:47:55 am »
My blood runs cold.

can confirm Peter Wolf will not be a guest as the J Geils Band high tailed it to Atlantic City after the show last night

hutch

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2012, 02:23:41 am »
well by my count he played just about 3.5 hours...

my first stadium show in 10 years  and my last maybe ever.. iwent cause a friend had an extra and invited me..

Bruce was good.. I'm just not a huge fan (that is not Bruce's fault really... I like him and a lot of his songs but something about his music doesn't seal the deal with me) and I though the show dragged in parts... the last hour was pretty smokin' although the old rock and roll covers medley was been there done that and the mandatory beatles cover unecessary.

still the guy really gives it his all... the hipster bands would do well to take a lesson from his approach

I'd take the J Geils show the night before over the Bruce show by a country mile.. lots of similarities... a big stage band..huge set lists... one big difference..everyone in dc seemed to show up for bruce.. and interestingly a lot of college kids.. a lot.

talked with david corn on subway ride home...

oh yeah: not one guest.. .unless you count max weinberg's daughter (and i don't)

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2012, 05:48:33 am »
Great show. Lots of energy in the pit.  No one better than Bruce in giving it all in concert.  Also, loved the Detroit Medley!!
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 08:37:29 am by jeffml »

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 11:52:13 pm »
talked with david corn on subway ride home...

not to thread-jack, but my theory on the boss and DC is that the political elite here, irrespective of party but often dems, latch onto him partly out of an insecurity that they don't understand regular outside-the-beltway people and see bruce as a proxy for a regular joe.  by adoring him they prove their average guy credentials.  or something.
(o|o)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2012, 12:56:19 am »
^ You may very well be onto something. Tend to fully agree with you on this.

Meanwhile, when the elite Republican insiders do the same thing, they seem to lean more towards some sort of mainstream Country music.

Like either of these groups have any clue what it's like to be a regular Joe or Jane anymore. Even the ones who started out that way. It's like once they 'make it', their brains are lobotomized and they lose complete understanding of what's going on off the Hill or outside of their highly protected secure little worlds. Guess that's why they have to hire focus groups to figure out all that stuff for them. We all know how well that did for mainstream radio. You get your choice of A or B. Meanwhile, we're all grooving out to X, Y and Z.

K8teebug

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2012, 10:25:11 am »
Hutch - those were my same thoughts when we saw Bruce earlier this year...

edbert

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2012, 04:46:08 pm »
Or maybe it's middle-class people feeling better about themselves by hearing about the struggles of lower-class people.  I know that's why I watch Cops