Author Topic: Your 23 favorite albums of 2012  (Read 15147 times)

K8teebug

Re: Your 23 favorite albums of 2012
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2012, 08:59:05 am »
Cloud Nothings isn't on the list.

atomicfront

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 01:57:16 pm »
Cloud Nothings isn't on the list.

either is of monsters and men

James Ford

« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 02:27:40 pm »
ok, I'll add them:

If Cloud Nothings are you favorite, your head is in the clouds, because you like a band that means nothing to everyone else.

If Of Monsters and Men are your favorite, you tend to get very excited by the latest flavor Starbucks adds to their frappe menu.

vansmack

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 03:35:39 pm »
No particular order, and some 2011, but 2012 to me.

Of Monsters and Men - My Head is an Animal
Fun. - Some Nights
The XX - Coexist
The Lumineers - Lumineers
Mumford and Sons - Babel
Carrie Underwood - Blown Away
Pink - The Truth About Love
Luke Bryan - Tailgates and Tanlines
Band of Horses - Mirage Rock
Sallie Ford and the Sound Outside - Dirty Radio
Father John Misty - Fear Fun
Taylor Swift - Red
Lana Del Ray - Born to Die
Kishi Bashi - 151a
Kesha - Warrior
Zac Brown Band - Uncaged
Dr Dog - Be the Void
Carly Rae Jepsen - Kiss
The Black Keys - El Camino (really late 2011)
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 10:45:35 am »
My list goes to 24.

1. The Walkmen, Heaven
2. Neil Young, Psychedelic Pill
3. Jamey Johnson, Livin for a Song
4. Father John Misty, Fear Fun
5. Bob Mould, Silver Age
6. Old Crow Medicine Show, Carry Me Back
7. Dr. Dog, Be the Void
8. Tift Merritt, Travelling Alone
9. Andrew Bird, Break it Yourself
10. Jimmy Cliff, Rebirth
11. Dwight Yoakam,3 Pears
12. Wanda Jackson, Unfinished Business
13. Leonard Cohen, Old Ideas
14. Jason Isbell, Live in Alabama
15. Heartless Bastards, Arrow
16. Sharon Van Etten, Tramp
17. Cody ChesNutt, Landing on a Hundrer
18. Rhett Miller, The Dreamer
19. Jesse Baylin, Little Spark
20. First Aid Kit, The Lion's Roar
21. Bryan Ferry Orchestra, The Jazz Age
22. Norah Jones, Little Broken Hearts
23. The Little Willies,For the Good Times
24. Lee Fields and the Expressions, Faithful Man

atomicfront

« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 10:58:28 am »
add Alt-J and Django-Django to my list.

hutch

« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 11:49:21 am »

good call! they are pretty popular this week

atomicfront

« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 12:06:29 pm »

you would think someone as opinated about music as much as you would have made a list. 

hutch

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 12:10:00 pm »

you would think someone as opinated about music as much as you would have made a list. 

oh my you're really chompin at the bit today aren't you... go take a smoke break or something.

I bought the Django Django last week or so... found a promo of the CD

Sorry its nothing special... not sure how you can put it on a list of the best of 2012.

atomicfront

« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 12:29:05 pm »

oh my you're really chompin at the bit today aren't you... go take a smoke break or something.

Sorry its nothing special... not sure how you can put it on a list of the best of 2012.

I can put it on the best of 2012 because I like it.  How hard is that for you to understand?  Wait a second if I think Neil Young has put out 30 years of shitty music I am wrong for insulting people's opinions on here.  But you actually hating everything that has been put out in the last 25 years is Ok?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #40 on: January 02, 2013, 12:32:10 pm »
I can put it on the best of 2012 because I like it.  How hard is that for you to understand?  Wait a second if I think Neil Young has put out 30 years of shitty music I am wrong for insulting people's opinions on here.  But you actually hating everything that has been put out in the last 25 years is Ok?

Here it comes.

hutch

« Reply #41 on: January 02, 2013, 01:22:14 pm »

What makes you say this?? I have a billion albums I really like from the past 25 years!

Dude, seriously, forget about quitting the cigarettes..its making you be even more of a tool than usual.

atomicfront

« Reply #42 on: January 02, 2013, 02:04:17 pm »

What makes you say this?? I have a billion albums I really like from the past 25 years!

Dude, seriously, forget about quitting the cigarettes..its making you be even more of a tool than usual.

you are trolling when you go around insulting every band I like.  You don't like them who gives a shit?  Guess what I am entittled to my opinion.  As it is my own opinion.  Not an opinion I got from listening to the music and enjoying it.  I really like the Alt-j album.  If you dont' like it more power to you.  But I haven't insulted anyone's listings and it is easy for you because you haven't came up with a list for 2012. 

Lists like these are useful in that if you like some of the bands you have heard on someone's list you might check out ones you don't know.  It isn't meant to be a place for putting down other people's music.  Just like in the other thread instead of listing bands that you think put out 5 great albums you had to attack me.  Get a life.  If all you are doing is posting about bands you like  that every knew about 25 years ago you really aren't providing useful information.

hutch

« Reply #43 on: January 02, 2013, 04:03:22 pm »

you are trolling when you go around insulting every band I like.  You don't like them who gives a shit?  Guess what I am entittled to my opinion.  As it is my own opinion.  Not an opinion I got from listening to the music and enjoying it.  I really like the Alt-j album.  If you dont' like it more power to you.  But I haven't insulted anyone's listings and it is easy for you because you haven't came up with a list for 2012. 

Lists like these are useful in that if you like some of the bands you have heard on someone's list you might check out ones you don't know.  It isn't meant to be a place for putting down other people's music.  Just like in the other thread instead of listing bands that you think put out 5 great albums you had to attack me.  Get a life.  If all you are doing is posting about bands you like  that every knew about 25 years ago you really aren't providing useful information.

well thats like your opinion  mahn

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #44 on: January 02, 2013, 04:11:16 pm »
Here goes in no order, stuff still being listened to (i.e. Cornershop, Dwight Yoakum), some  notable singles/EPs that need to be listed (Kylie, Diazpora)

Rock/Pop

Bev Lee Harling - Barefoot in the Kitchen
    The Moons - Fables of History
    Cliff Hillis - Dream Good
    The World Record - Freeway Special
    Shoes - Ignition
    Milo Greene - Milo Greene
    Jets Overhead - Boredom & Joy
    The Stars Explode - Between the Lines
    The dBs - Falling Off The Sky
    Tim Burgess - Oh No I Love You
    The Heartbreaks - Funtimes (honorable mention - album is a collection of their early singles)
    The Primitives - Echos and Rhymes
    Alto Verde - Paper Clips
    Jimmy Cliff - Rebirth
    The Heavy - The Glorious Dead
    Saint Etienne - Words and Music

Soul/Funk

The Red Inspectors -  Are We The Red Inspectors, Are We?
    Third Coast Kings - S/T
    The Bamboos - Medicine Man
    Calibro 35 - Any Resemblance To Real Persons or Actual Facts Is Purely Coincidental
    Hannah William & The Tastemakers - A Hill of Feathers
    The Monophonics - In Your Brain
    Kyle Auldist - Still Life
    Menahan Street Band - The Crossing
    John Boutte - All About Everything
    Elikeh - Between 2 Worlds
    The Cactus Channel - Haptics
    Michael Kiwanuka - Home Again
    The Funk Ark - High Noon
    Lee Fields and the Expressions - Faithful Man

T.Rex