Author Topic: NFL Playoffs  (Read 74079 times)

vansmack

Re: NFL Playoffs
« Reply #195 on: January 23, 2013, 01:11:34 am »
ugh, peter king is so insufferable. 

Oh yeah? Try being in SF but not a fan of their sports teams.

In the last 4 months, the Warriors are moving to SF, the Giants won (another) World Series, and now the Niners are in the Super Bowl.

Add to the fact that I'm a Steelers fan and could never root for the Ravens and this has become one of the most trying few sports months of my life.

My only saving grace is that I'm working on a ton of material about how the Niners will be in Santa Clara to defend their title (should they win). Should knock the smug right out of them....
27>34

shemptiness

« Reply #196 on: January 23, 2013, 08:42:39 am »
Sounds like a pot kettle black situation to me.   ;D

Relaxer

« Reply #197 on: January 23, 2013, 10:32:33 am »
No need to be racist, Shemp.
oword

stevewizzle

« Reply #198 on: January 23, 2013, 11:55:00 am »

In the last 4 months, the Warriors are moving to SF, the Giants won (another) World Series, and now the Niners are in the Super Bowl.

Add to the fact that I'm a Steelers fan and could never root for the Ravens and this has become one of the most trying few sports months of my life.

My only saving grace is that I'm working on a ton of material about how the Niners will be in Santa Clara to defend their title (should they win). Should knock the smug right out of them....

i'd rather live through that scenario for the rest of my life than read another PK article or see his stupid face on TV ever again.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 12:03:41 pm by stevewizzle »

atomicfront

« Reply #199 on: January 23, 2013, 11:59:05 am »

the one good thing about the 49ers winning would be that the steelers would stop bragging about having more super bowl wins than anyone else. 

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #200 on: January 23, 2013, 12:03:36 pm »
This would be the 9ers 7th?

I don't want either team to win. Officially tuning out of ESPN for the next 2 weeks... and probably 2 weeks after that to be safe... How about them Caps :'(
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #201 on: January 23, 2013, 12:23:24 pm »
The 49ers will indeed join the exclusive "6 Super Bowl Wins" club with the Pittsburgh Steelers if they beat the Ravens.

As for bragging, is that not something a team should brag about?  I think a team winning 6 Super Bowls is pretty impressive, and will still be impressive if the 49ers join the club, just not exclusive. 

shemptiness

« Reply #202 on: January 23, 2013, 01:35:31 pm »
We're #2!  We're #2!

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #203 on: January 23, 2013, 02:12:58 pm »

"10 things we think we think"

Most overrated "reporter" in the history of American journalism.

shemptiness

« Reply #204 on: January 23, 2013, 02:23:48 pm »
Matt Damon is in NFL denial ... 'cause the guy honestly believes the New England Patriots would NEVER have been defeated by the Baltimore Ravens if they weren't riddled with injuries.

Problem is ... the Pats weren't as injured as Damon made them out to be.

Matt -- a Boston-native -- had just arrived at LAX last night when someone asked why his team folded in the AFC Championship this past Sunday.

"Lotta injuries," Damon said ... "They couldn't beat us full strength."

Obviously, the Pats were missing Rob Gronkowski going into Sunday's game ... but that's really their only big-time guy who was sidelined with an injury (forearm).

A couple of important Pats players were hurt DURING the matchup -- including CB Aqib Talib and RB Stevan Ridley ... but hey, that's part of the game, right?

But when Damon was asked who he's rooting for in the Super Bowl -- the Ravens or the 49ers -- he still refused to acknowledge defeat ... saying, "I'm going for a healthy New England team, that's the best team in the country."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/23/matt-damon-new-england-patriots-beat-healthy-baltimore-ravens-injuries/#ixzz2IpAccBbT
http://tmzstore.com

K8teebug

« Reply #205 on: January 23, 2013, 03:01:50 pm »
Nice.

I am SO GLAD the Ravens beat the Pats AT HOME AGAIN.

It's just been so great to watch this week.

vansmack

« Reply #206 on: January 23, 2013, 03:09:32 pm »
Sounds like a pot kettle black situation to me.   ;D

No need to be racist, Shemp.

I'm struggling to decide which of these comments I like more....both are Smackie approved.
27>34

atomicfront

« Reply #207 on: January 23, 2013, 03:27:18 pm »
Matt Damon is in NFL denial ... 'cause the guy honestly believes the New England Patriots would NEVER have been defeated by the Baltimore Ravens if they weren't riddled with injuries.

Problem is ... the Pats weren't as injured as Damon made them out to be.

Matt -- a Boston-native -- had just arrived at LAX last night when someone asked why his team folded in the AFC Championship this past Sunday.

"Lotta injuries," Damon said ... "They couldn't beat us full strength."

Obviously, the Pats were missing Rob Gronkowski going into Sunday's game ... but that's really their only big-time guy who was sidelined with an injury (forearm).

A couple of important Pats players were hurt DURING the matchup -- including CB Aqib Talib and RB Stevan Ridley ... but hey, that's part of the game, right?

But when Damon was asked who he's rooting for in the Super Bowl -- the Ravens or the 49ers -- he still refused to acknowledge defeat ... saying, "I'm going for a healthy New England team, that's the best team in the country."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/01/23/matt-damon-new-england-patriots-beat-healthy-baltimore-ravens-injuries/#ixzz2IpAccBbT
http://tmzstore.com

geez like other teams don't have injuries.  The ravens best defensive back was out. 

shemptiness

« Reply #208 on: January 23, 2013, 04:49:27 pm »
And all this time I thought the other guy was the whiny bitch.

shemptiness

« Reply #209 on: January 23, 2013, 08:17:40 pm »
"Super Bowl hype is always exhausting and overdone, but I must admit, I was astounded at how quickly people started complaining about the HarBowl storyline. John Harbaugh's Baltimore Ravens had not even finished beating the Patriots, to set up a matchup with Jim's San Francisco 49ers, when I saw tweets and Facebook posts complaining about the Harbaugh hype.

Do you realize how amazing this is? These guys shared a room together as kids, competed against each other in everything, and now they are coaching against each other in the Super Bowl.

That's one of the most incredible sports stories I've ever seen. Are we so in love with our own snark that we can't appreciate it?"

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130121/john-harbaugh-jim-harbaugh-super-bowl-xlvii/#ixzz2IqbhFjcQ
« Last Edit: January 24, 2013, 10:17:06 am by Shemp »