Author Topic: People who suck: Ted Leonsis  (Read 21567 times)

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
Re: People who suck: Ted Leonsis
« Reply #60 on: March 06, 2012, 10:21:58 am »
It's pretty simple. Ted and George McPhee invested in the wrong people (Ovie, Semin, Backstrom, Green). None of the four are leaders, Semin doesn't even want to be here, Ovie cares more about being a celebrity and Green is injured way too often. The defense is bad and the goaltending is extremely inconsistent to put it nicely.
Ovi, Brooks and Brouwer are the only ones out there pushing the team. Brooks is too quiet, Ovi isn't a leader and Brouwer's in his first year with the team. I like that he's speaking out. And can you really call Mike Green injury prone because he got hit in the head twice by a fucking puck? I'll give you his groin injury this year, but he's been out because of the 2 pucks to the head for the most part.

Real problem is the team has no centers.   They haven't had a second line center since Flash was traded and he really wasnt a center.  YOu can work as had as you want an the current team is not going to be a winner as currenlty constucted
It's a damn shame. I always thought they didn't have enough grit. Just watching them against the Flyers they just seem to pressed people into the boards and the Flyers are coming at full speed and smashing people into the boards and in open ice. Chimera got creamed on the open ice!
‼‼?‼‼

slappy

« Reply #61 on: March 06, 2012, 12:45:25 pm »
It's a damn shame. I always thought they didn't have enough grit. Just watching them against the Flyers they just seem to pressed people into the boards and the Flyers are coming at full speed and smashing people into the boards and in open ice. Chimera got creamed on the open ice!

Are you saying they weren't as tough as the Flyers in the game?
Brouwer backed up his completely legal but brutal hit on Gustafsson and fought Hartnell to a draw.
Chimera also had a nice hit on Wellwood.
Caps also out hit them 37 to 29.
Not saying the Caps don't have problems, but they weren't 'out toughed' in the game.

bekessler

« Reply #62 on: March 06, 2012, 03:45:44 pm »
uh, Ted is a Georgetown grad ('77)

I'm well aware.  That was part of the point I was making.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #63 on: March 06, 2012, 04:20:11 pm »

Are you saying they weren't as tough as the Flyers in the game?
Brouwer backed up his completely legal but brutal hit on Gustafsson and fought Hartnell to a draw.
Chimera also had a nice hit on Wellwood.
Caps also out hit them 37 to 29.
Not saying the Caps don't have problems, but they weren't 'out toughed' in the game.
I feel like they didn't make their hits count. I thought even though the Caps had more hits that they just looked like they were pushing a bully off of them, or laying their body onto someone into the baords. The Flyers looked like they were out to make a different with their hits, they wanted to bruise the Caps and they do night in and night out. I think the only people who lay decent hits are Ovi and Chimera. I was fine with Brouwer's physicality, but it's not like that every night. Our most physical outputs this season have been against the Penguins. I don't think the team throws their weight around enough. They don't have the grit!
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #64 on: March 06, 2012, 06:19:43 pm »
Not enough skills
Not enough guts
Not enough leadership

never
ever
EVER

shoulda given #8 the C

Is there much precedent for stripping a player of his captaincy?

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #65 on: March 07, 2012, 10:27:10 am »
Honestly, at that point, who would they have given it to? Since then I'd say Brooks. But when they traded away their captain, it could have only been Ovi. Although I agree, I think he should have earned it. I would have rather gone months without a captain until someone actually emerged as the captain.
‼‼?‼‼

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #66 on: March 07, 2012, 05:59:38 pm »
never
ever
EVER

shoulda given #8 the C

YEP.

Is there much precedent for stripping a player of his captaincy?

Yep, happens all the time. Unfortunately I can't ring any off the top of my head, but it does happen and more than you expect. Happens more with established coaches more than newbies like Hunter.

Thousand Made-Up Loves

« Reply #67 on: March 07, 2012, 06:00:16 pm »
Honestly, at that point, who would they have given it to? Since then I'd say Brooks. But when they traded away their captain, it could have only been Ovi. Although I agree, I think he should have earned it. I would have rather gone months without a captain until someone actually emerged as the captain.

Yes, deal out the three As until someone earns it.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2012, 06:01:39 pm »
He (Hunter) won't be back next year.

Unless we squeak in and make a miraculous run into the 2nd round.  Which frankly would be the worst case scenario.  Then we'd be guaranteed more of the same old shit.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 06:16:44 pm by chaz »

shemptiness