Author Topic: Who will be the next pope?  (Read 12015 times)

hutch

Re: Who will be the next pope?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2013, 04:10:26 pm »

I always thought Sandri -the other Argentine Cardinal- and Bergoglio had a good chances Vansmack..but thought Bergoglio's age played against him and Sandri had the better chance.... I guess seeing how he had finished runner up last time I should have realized he had a good chance.

First Jesuit to be elected Pope....that may be the bigger story but is being overshadowed by his being from ouside Europe.

My mother absolutely loves Bergoglio as do many in Argentina...for his humility... a man who rides the collectivo buses, etc... Of course his views on homosexuality and abortion are far outside the American mainstream even the Argentine mainstream..but he has spoken truth to power in Argentina so much so the last two president's have chosen to not attend his church and take the kick in the groin.

Bring on the Latino Rock! ;D

hutch

« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2013, 04:13:42 pm »
Meet the new pope
Same as the old pope

oh I don't think so Shemp....the old pope came from the curia.. the Vatican's bureaucracy.....he was as old guard and conservative as they come..

The new pope is - if you can be a cardinal and be so, an outsider- from outside Rome, from outside the Vatican City bureaucracy (the "curia"), a Jesuit, a man who rides the buses, a preacher...

I understand the  skepticism..  but this is a very different man from Ratzinger.

but we shall see....

atomicfront

« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2013, 04:27:26 pm »
76 years old?  Can't they ever elect a guy who isn't ancient?  Anyway does the pope even matter these days?  It's not like he is going to lead a crusade or anything cool.   

Relaxer

« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2013, 04:35:44 pm »
They need it to be someone old so he can pretend not to remember or understand the vast conspiracy to cover up all the priest rapes.
oword

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2013, 04:45:04 pm »
There was some kind of anti-Mafia raid the other day on one of the candidates offices. Think if was one of the Italian guys.

Oh, and James' comment about more Latino Rock at the club has got to be POTW.  ;D

atomicfront

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2013, 05:13:30 pm »
They need it to be someone old so he can pretend not to remember or understand the vast conspiracy to cover up all the priest rapes.

i thought he needed to be old so he couldn't participate in the rapes. 

Relaxer

« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2013, 05:17:59 pm »
Allow Google to introduce you to the wonderful world of the "lemon party"
oword

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2013, 07:55:39 pm »
Allow Google to introduce you to the wonderful world of the "lemon party"

nsfw
T.Rex

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2013, 08:35:32 pm »
so is this guy good?  john paul 2.0, the holy messiah himself loved this guy, he seems to be a sincere person in the world of a man made religion gone bad by power and money . . . and yes, young dancing naked boys.  they seem to love those over there.  but this guy rejects all the money, all the power all the gift bags at cardinal get togethers.  he expects frugality, he demands that you help the poor.  what, what, what . . . as the needle on the record stops.  he helps the poor.  he will change the church, no?  or will he be corrupted by the powers of when humans believe they are gods?  like our presidents and congress.

nkotb

« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2013, 09:49:24 am »
My favorite thing I've read about the new pope.  From CNN's homepage:

"He's known for caring for AIDS patients and preparing his own meals."

He's just like us!!!!

hutch

« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2013, 10:02:56 am »

He's just like us!!!!

I thought we ate from food trucks?

;D

vansmack

« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2013, 11:03:23 am »

He's just like us!!!!

I've never cared for AIDS patients.
27>34

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2013, 02:52:36 pm »
i did think it was amusing when they told the story of him washing the feet of aids patients.  yeah, and, god this so wrong . . . but what in the hell is that going to do for them?  how about donating all that fucking gold and precious art work from the vatican to cure aids.  that would be a holy miracle right there.  john paul becomes one with the lepers, and everybody wants to get into the act!

James Ford

« Reply #43 on: March 14, 2013, 03:04:21 pm »
Did he hit Dewey Beach for seven summers resulting in skewed numbers as well?

He's just like us!!!!

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2013, 12:05:56 pm »

i hope this pic comes through, it is a good one.  i just dont understand how women can be a part of such a thing.