Author Topic: RAVENS - SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!  (Read 19653 times)

Got Haggis?

Re: RAVENS - SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2013, 10:29:22 am »
Pollard let go by the Ravens today

atomicfront

« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2013, 10:37:43 am »
Pollard let go by the Ravens today

noooooo!!!! I have no idea what ozzie is doing.  Ravens will be lucky to make playoffs next season. 

K8teebug

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2013, 10:46:06 am »
Jeebus!

I thought for sure they'd keep Krueger.  SUCKS.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2013, 10:51:30 am »
i think its pretty obvious they are starting over on defense.....which they needed to do.

shemptiness

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2013, 11:22:49 am »
Jeebus!

I think they fully expected Kruger would go.  Ellerbe on the other hand.....

Questionable signing by Browns
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:27:59 am by Shemp »

atomicfront

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 11:28:05 am »
Jeebus!

I think they fully expected Krueger would go.  Ellerbe on the other hand.....

Boldin and Pollard are what I don't get.  THey were under contract and big contributors.  Krueger only played in passing situations.  Ellerbe was injured a lot and wasn't that worth the money he got.  He wasn't a top linebacker.   career stats 5.5 sacks and 1 interception.  They say he was the main linebacker when Lewis was out injured.   But guess what? The defense was horrible without Lewis playing. 
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 11:30:09 am by atomicfront »

shemptiness

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 11:40:48 am »
The return of Bart Scott? 

shemptiness

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 12:32:48 pm »
From espn:

'To justify his price tag, Kruger will need to produce as an every-down linebacker in Cleveland; remember that the Ravens used Kruger on only 22 defensive snaps in the Super Bowl because they preferred other players who were better run-stoppers in their base defense.

So, are the Ravens totally lost in the wilderness having traded Boldin for cap space that they didn't use? Of course not. They have Ozzie Newsome. He's good at this stuff. Chill. Baltimore made one very Ravens-esque signing on Tuesday, bringing in versatile Giants lineman Chris Canty on a three-year deal for just $8 million, with a mere $2.8 million guaranteed. Canty is versatile and experienced with both 3-4 and 4-3 schemes, and he still has enough athleticism to play end or tackle in either scenario. He can be the new Trevor Pryce for the Ravens.

As for the linebacker issue? There are still linebackers out there, and if the Ravens didn't think Ellerbe was worth paying like a franchise inside linebacker, they would know best. The Ravens could opt to go after the versatile Dansby as a short-term solution. One other fascinating option that probably won't happen: What if the Ravens outbid the Bears for Brian Urlacher, who has quietly come to an impasse with his only professional organization? It makes a bit of sense for both sides, although probably not enough for a deal to actually happen.'

atomicfront

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 12:48:28 pm »
From what I read the Packers offered  Chris Canty  a contract and he did not pass their physical.

shemptiness

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2013, 03:28:04 pm »
Interesting take from Preston in the Sun.  The 5 most outspoken Ravens are Ray Lewis, Boldin, Pollard, Ed Reed and McKinnie.  Only 2 are left.

shemptiness

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2013, 04:35:10 pm »
From what I read the Packers offered  Chris Canty  a contract and he did not pass their physical.

But he passed physicals in Baltimore, Kansas City and Tennessee.

atomicfront

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2013, 06:01:38 pm »
I wonder if Kruger makes enough to get a third round compensatory pick in 2014.  If we got a 3rd for krueger and a 4th for ellerbe it would make their loses easier to swallow. 

Got Haggis?

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 04:15:19 pm »
cary williams to the eagles

atomicfront

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 04:17:51 pm »
cary williams to the eagles

so from the defense we will lose starting cornerback, 2 starting safeties, 3 linebackers including both staring inside linebackers.  THat is over half the defense.  I still don't understand Pollard.  Preston of the sun says Harbaugh wants to make it his team and get rid of the leaders of the team.  You would think the team just finished 6 and 10 or something. Pretty sad. 

Got Haggis?

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 09:26:17 am »
Ed Reed flown by the owners private jet to meet with the Texans. 

At this point, I'm just going to assume he's gone too.