Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 595179 times)

Starsky

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #1980 on: February 02, 2022, 09:24:46 am »
So there is no opener and WOD is supposed to go on at 8.

Plan accordingly.

Space Freely

« Reply #1981 on: February 02, 2022, 09:34:56 am »
So there is no opener and WOD is supposed to go on at 8.

Plan accordingly.

Thanks, will do. I wish that was the show template for every concert by a band with a good catalog.

Yada

« Reply #1982 on: February 02, 2022, 10:09:18 am »
My Stubhub partner picked up two War on Drugs tickets for $25 each. So I'll be going tonight. It's my first show in the Omicron era and in Black History Month 2022. I'll report back on the weekend whether I got COVID or not. From Omicron, not black history, obviously.

I predict a Don Henly-esque performance with long droning syth and guitar solos that put space to sleep and have him regretting the $25 spent by 9:25pm.

Space Freely

« Reply #1983 on: February 02, 2022, 10:47:38 am »
My Stubhub partner picked up two War on Drugs tickets for $25 each. So I'll be going tonight. It's my first show in the Omicron era and in Black History Month 2022. I'll report back on the weekend whether I got COVID or not. From Omicron, not black history, obviously.

I predict a Don Henly-esque performance with long droning syth and guitar solos that put space to sleep and have him regretting the $25 spent by 9:25pm.

I enjoyed them when they opened for the Walkmen at the Club in 2012. Whether they can hold my attention for 2+ hours remains to be seen....

Like Spoon, they're one of those bands that to me doesn't have a bad song. A few of them are boring, some are great, others are in between. But none are outright bad.

Yada

« Reply #1984 on: February 02, 2022, 10:55:29 am »

I enjoyed them when they opened for the Walkmen at the Club in 2012. Whether they can hold my attention for 2+ hours remains to be seen....

Like Spoon, they're one of those bands that to me doesn't have a bad song. A few of them are boring, some are great, others are in between. But none are outright bad.

I was at that show... as well as the next year when they headlined the club. I feel like they haven't put out anything too interesting since, sort of like Kurt Vile. But it was exciting when those two bands were up and coming. Enjoy space!

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1985 on: February 02, 2022, 11:03:37 am »
OK, GBV

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1986 on: February 02, 2022, 11:14:13 am »
Khruangbin
LVMH

« Reply #1987 on: February 07, 2022, 07:11:22 pm »
well... what I didn't buy tix too...slept on the nick cave tix and these are the only ones left

$100 to be in the back row...or $375 for a 'carnage VIP' tix
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1988 on: February 07, 2022, 11:25:46 pm »
Let Space get them for you for $15 day of show.

well... what I didn't buy tix too...slept on the nick cave tix and these are the only ones left

$100 to be in the back row...or $375 for a 'carnage VIP' tix

Starsky

« Reply #1989 on: February 07, 2022, 11:58:09 pm »
That would be Yada…

Space is the one driving to Asheville…

Yada

« Reply #1990 on: February 08, 2022, 08:13:10 am »
That would be Yada…

Yada would have gotten tickets with his mojo on day of sale for a known tough ticket.

Space would still be crunching numbers in his excel spreadsheet to see if the purchase would impact his retirement in 19 years.

« Reply #1991 on: February 08, 2022, 11:29:13 am »
Yada would have gotten tickets with his mojo on day of sale for a known tough ticket.
TBH, based on the history I thought I'd be fine
The Anthem show was not sold out (possibly in the last few days?)
The Lincloln show (which was amazing) I don't think ever sold out either and I fairly decent seats were available for a while

so with omicron I thought I wouldn't be in that bad of shape
but no one every got rich taking advice from me on ticket purchases
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1992 on: February 08, 2022, 11:59:58 am »
That would be Yada…

Space would still be crunching numbers in his excel spreadsheet to see if the purchase would impact his retirement in 19 years.

Space would never be crunching numbers to see a Nick Cave show.

Though of course I do have a Nick Cave story to tell....I was living in London the Summer of 1989. Or rather, I had lived/worked in London for a couple of months, then Eurrailed for a month, then came back to London and was spending a week or two at a friend's place until my flight home.

My friend and I went to a Butthole Surfers show, and I lost my glasses in the mosh pit. My spare pair of glasses were in my luggage at a different friend's house, but i wasn't able to get to them for a couple of days. So I had to spend a couple of days blindly living in London.

I was blindly out for a walk for food or something and saw a long line of punk types queuing outside a store. I figured maybe they were in line to catch a bus to the Reading Festival, or maybe buying tickets or something. I really couldn't see well enough to tell for sure. So I made my way to the front of the line and squinted to see what the fuss was about, and there in a pink polo was Nick Cave, signing his novel And the Ass Saw the Angel. I snapped a couple of pics and was off. I probably still have the pictures in a dusty photo book somewhere.

A day or two later, I retrieved my spare glasses and was back in business. I've never been to a Butthole Surfers show again, nor have i ever seen Nick Cave again. I apologize that not much happened in this story, but perhaps it is enough the satisfy the Nick Cave fetishists.

« Reply #1993 on: February 08, 2022, 12:08:08 pm »
B+ would read again and recommend to others
slack

Yada

« Reply #1994 on: February 08, 2022, 12:09:06 pm »
That would be Yada…

Space would never be crunching numbers to see a Nick Cave show.

Though of course I do have a Nick Cave story to tell....I was living in London the Summer of 1989. Or rather, I had lived/worked in London for a couple of months, then Eurrailed for a month, then came back to London and was spending a week or two at a friend's place until my flight home.

My friend and I went to a Butthole Surfers show, and I lost my glasses in the mosh pit. My spare pair of glasses were in my luggage at a different friend's house, but i wasn't able to get to them for a couple of days. So I had to spend a couple of days blindly living in London.

I was blindly out for a walk for food or something and saw a long line of punk types queuing outside a store. I figured maybe they were in line to catch a bus to the Reading Festival, or maybe buying tickets or something. I really couldn't see well enough to tell for sure. So I made my way to the front of the line and squinted to see what the fuss was about, and there in a pink polo was Nick Cave, signing his novel And the Ass Saw the Angel. I snapped a couple of pics and was off. I probably still have the pictures in a dusty photo book somewhere.

A day or two later, I retrieved my spare glasses and was back in business. I've never been to a Butthole Surfers show again, nor have i ever seen Nick Cave again. I apologize that not much happened in this story, but perhaps it is enough the satisfy the Nick Cave fetishists.

Would read again!