Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 593742 times)

Cock Van Der Palm

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #1995 on: February 08, 2022, 01:16:28 pm »
No typos either.  Solid story.  Finding your glasses tied this in a nice little bow. Emotional roller coaster.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1996 on: February 08, 2022, 01:27:36 pm »
That would be Yada…

Space is the one driving to Asheville…

Yada would have gotten tickets with his mojo on day of sale for a known tough ticket.

Space would still be crunching numbers in his excel spreadsheet to see if the purchase would impact his retirement in 19 years.

Space would never be crunching numbers to see a Nick Cave show.

Though of course I do have a Nick Cave story to tell....I was living in London the Summer of 1989. Or rather, I had lived/worked in London for a couple of months, then Eurrailed for a month, then came back to London and was spending a week or two at a friend's place until my flight home.

My friend and I went to a Butthole Surfers show, and I lost my glasses in the mosh pit. My spare pair of glasses were in my luggage at a different friend's house, but i wasn't able to get to them for a couple of days. So I had to spend a couple of days blindly living in London.

I was blindly out for a walk for food or something and saw a long line of punk types queuing outside a store. I figured maybe they were in line to catch a bus to the Reading Festival, or maybe buying tickets or something. I really couldn't see well enough to tell for sure. So I made my way to the front of the line and squinted to see what the fuss was about, and there in a pink polo was Nick Cave, signing his novel And the Ass Saw the Angel. I snapped a couple of pics and was off. I probably still have the pictures in a dusty photo book somewhere.

A day or two later, I retrieved my spare glasses and was back in business. I've never been to a Butthole Surfers show again, nor have i ever seen Nick Cave again. I apologize that not much happened in this story, but perhaps it is enough the satisfy the Nick Cave fetishists.
But did you get head?
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #1997 on: February 08, 2022, 01:29:50 pm »
That would be Yada…

Space is the one driving to Asheville…

Yada would have gotten tickets with his mojo on day of sale for a known tough ticket.

Space would still be crunching numbers in his excel spreadsheet to see if the purchase would impact his retirement in 19 years.

Space would never be crunching numbers to see a Nick Cave show.

Though of course I do have a Nick Cave story to tell....I was living in London the Summer of 1989. Or rather, I had lived/worked in London for a couple of months, then Eurrailed for a month, then came back to London and was spending a week or two at a friend's place until my flight home.

My friend and I went to a Butthole Surfers show, and I lost my glasses in the mosh pit. My spare pair of glasses were in my luggage at a different friend's house, but i wasn't able to get to them for a couple of days. So I had to spend a couple of days blindly living in London.

I was blindly out for a walk for food or something and saw a long line of punk types queuing outside a store. I figured maybe they were in line to catch a bus to the Reading Festival, or maybe buying tickets or something. I really couldn't see well enough to tell for sure. So I made my way to the front of the line and squinted to see what the fuss was about, and there in a pink polo was Nick Cave, signing his novel And the Ass Saw the Angel. I snapped a couple of pics and was off. I probably still have the pictures in a dusty photo book somewhere.

A day or two later, I retrieved my spare glasses and was back in business. I've never been to a Butthole Surfers show again, nor have i ever seen Nick Cave again. I apologize that not much happened in this story, but perhaps it is enough the satisfy the Nick Cave fetishists.
But did you get head?

He ate a giant bushy plate.

Space Freely

« Reply #1998 on: February 08, 2022, 01:54:14 pm »
No typos either.  Solid story.  Finding your glasses tied this in a nice little bow. Emotional roller coaster.

Couple of clarifications:

1. It is possible that I may not have been carrying my camera and instead ran back home a couple of blocks to fetch it.
2. I didn't find the glasses that were lost and stomped on at the show. I was able to retrieve my spare pair from my luggage that was stored at a different friend's place. Thank goodness I brought a spare pair.
3. Years later, I read the novel, but didn't really like it. I'm just not a Nick Cave guy.
4. At best, I may have kissed someone that summer. No head or bush. A wasted opportunity.
5. Maybe tonight I'll look for the picture and post it here if I can find it.
6. A week later, I flew back to the States. I flew to JFK, took a shuttle to Port Authority at some weird hour, and made my way into the bus station to take a bus to get me closer to home. I got turned around and while trying to find my bearings, this sketchy dude grabbed my suitcase and decided he was going to be my porter. I tried to get my bag from him, first by asking, then forcefully. But he insisted on not giving it back and instead carrying it for me. When we got to my gate he started singing "Tip, tip. tip." And cheap Space that I am, I told him "I'm not giving you a tip, you grabbed my bag and wouldn't give it back when i asked for it back." For the next five minutes or so, he started chanting "College boy! College boy. I could have been anyone. I could have killed you. And I didn't, and you won't give me a tip for carryng your bag. Fucking college boy." Finally, I reached into my bag, gave him my signed copy of And the Ass Saw the Angel, and told him, Here's your fucking tip, the title sums this situation up perfectly. Guess which one you are."

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1999 on: February 08, 2022, 02:22:58 pm »
nor have i ever seen Nick Cave again.

but did you really even see him the first time, tho?
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 02:31:30 pm by sweetcell »
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #2000 on: February 08, 2022, 02:29:08 pm »
Exactly. I call bullshit. Pink polo in 1989? Wasn’t he still in his junkie period?

Picture or it’s bull

Also D+

« Reply #2001 on: February 08, 2022, 02:33:05 pm »
yeah...were doing fine until #6

Speaking of nick, just saw this think on his son (the still living one) and looks interesting
https://www.dazeddigital.com/film-tv/article/45860/1/earl-cave-interview-days-of-the-bagnold-summer-true-history-of-the-kelly-gang
« Last Edit: February 08, 2022, 02:35:56 pm by legitimate political disco ıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #2002 on: February 08, 2022, 03:58:50 pm »
Spoon, Tues DC show

After all that hemming and hawing, im still not going to get to meet Julian

Probably should have been more patient. i bet Richmond and maybe even DC tickets ar cheap day of.

Yada

« Reply #2003 on: February 11, 2022, 11:56:45 am »
Liam Kazar

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2004 on: February 11, 2022, 02:13:53 pm »
GBV

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2005 on: February 16, 2022, 01:29:55 pm »
RATM for next month... of next year.  and i somehow missed that last part.  when i saw that they had rescheduled the canceled show for "March", somehow it didn't occur to me that they wouldn't re-book a show this big WITH less than a month's notice.  during the ticket purchase process i completely missed the "2023" on every TM page.  finally figured it out when i tried creating a calendar reminder for myself, and the date and the day of the week didn't match up.

moral of the story: ALL HAIL DAY OF THE WEEK INFO!!!
<sig>

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #2006 on: February 19, 2022, 02:15:29 pm »
Decemberists

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #2007 on: February 23, 2022, 03:33:53 pm »
sigur ros
<sig>

Starsky