Author Topic: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?  (Read 574878 times)

hutch

Re: What Did You Just Buy Tickets To?
« Reply #1425 on: July 30, 2019, 05:24:58 pm »
One time I drove up I saw signs advertising you could get two row houses for 30k

That tells you a lot

As do the riots which started in the area I am talking about

That is a cry for help

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1426 on: July 31, 2019, 04:13:52 pm »
Craig Finn and the UTC (full band show), at some dude's house in Roland Park in September.
Roland Park is an affluent garden suburb known for its village atmosphere. It’s dotted with fashionable restaurants serving seafood, California fusion and French cuisine, as well as gourmet food stores, upscale boutiques for children and adults, and toy shops. Grand late-Victorian homes line the leafy streets

just did a google image search for "roland park". 

how does trump explain such a pretty neighborhood in such a shitty city??  WE GOT HIM!!!!!

i understand now - trump got his info from ben carson, who was a neurosurgeon there for decades.  checks out.

Ben Carson stands by Trump's depiction of Baltimore

"This is the level of which we have sunken as a society. It's so important that we stop this, this madness. We have some threats. But it's not China. It's not Russia. It's not North Korea. It's us, and whether we can learn how to work together and realize that we're not each other's enemy and that we have a job to do here," Carson said.
<sig>

gavroche

« Reply #1427 on: August 07, 2019, 02:33:22 pm »
Kennedy Center REACH festival:

Thievery corporation, Chuck brown band with Bootsy Collins, Kronos Quartet, De La Soul. 

Decent list of free shows.

« Reply #1428 on: August 07, 2019, 03:06:56 pm »

Thievery corporation, Chuck brown band with Bootsy Collins, Kronos Quartet, De La Soul. 

Nice tip...there are a million things
https://cms.kennedy-center.org/festivals/reach/schedule

picked up a bunch to a bunch of nights.

Fri 20th has a bunch of good comedy stuff and a cool looking Miles Davis show

5:30pm The Second City's Sketch Comedy Show

6:00pm "Inside Jokes" hosted by Reese Waters with Patton Oswalt (Millennium Stage Event)
"District of Comedy" Stand-Up Showcase

7:15pm The Second City's Sketch Comedy Hour with Jon Glaser and Rachel Dratch

7:30pm "Joke-E-Oke" Hosted by Harmon Leon
Robert Glasper Acoustic Trio - Featuring Vicente Archer and Damion Reid with DJ Jahi Sundance
Robert Glasper’s “Everything’s Beautiful” Tribute to Miles Davis Featuring Bilal
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 03:27:54 pm by hoax-hatch ılıll|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|̲̅̅=̲̅̅|̲̅̅●̲̅̅|llıl »
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1429 on: August 07, 2019, 03:32:20 pm »

So if an artist you want to see if playing from 1-2, so you pick up the 10:30am passes or the 1:30pm passes? It says passes are good starting 30 mins before the time, so the 1:30 pass would start at 1, but you'd want to have your seat before 1. Hmmm.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #1430 on: August 07, 2019, 03:52:49 pm »
Manchester Orchestra - Fillmore SS

gavroche

« Reply #1431 on: August 07, 2019, 03:55:58 pm »

So if an artist you want to see if playing from 1-2, so you pick up the 10:30am passes or the 1:30pm passes? It says passes are good starting 30 mins before the time, so the 1:30 pass would start at 1, but you'd want to have your seat before 1. Hmmm.

I assume you'd pick the early ones... but it's a little confusing to me.  It's easy enough to grab them both just in case.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1432 on: August 07, 2019, 04:03:45 pm »
If it starts at 1 PM, you'd still get the morning (10:30 am) tickets.

Or just click on a specific show and it will take you to the ticket link for that show.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:06:01 pm by Vas Deferens »
(_|_)

Space Freely

« Reply #1433 on: August 07, 2019, 04:05:14 pm »

I assume you'd pick the early ones... but it's a little confusing to me.  It's easy enough to grab them both just in case.

Thanks, I got both, just in case. Though it's first come first served and don't know that I want to show up at 10:30am when the one thing I really want to see isn't until 1! Maybe it won't be that crowded early in the day.

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1434 on: August 07, 2019, 04:07:35 pm »
^^ There are multiple shows at different venues going on at the same time so I guess you'd have to show up at least 30 minutes or more?
(_|_)

« Reply #1435 on: August 07, 2019, 04:33:22 pm »
Fri 20th has a bunch of good comedy stuff and a cool looking Miles Davis show
Dang...got my Nick Cave tix that night...guess I'm not going to that
slack

« Reply #1436 on: August 12, 2019, 09:34:49 am »
Brittany Howard of Alabama Shakes
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #1437 on: August 12, 2019, 11:48:28 am »
fruit bats
joyero
union collective in baltimore on saturday 11/23

Vas Deferens

« Reply #1438 on: August 12, 2019, 01:05:58 pm »
ohh hell yeah

fruit bats
joyero
union collective in baltimore on saturday 11/23
(_|_)

WALKonBack

« Reply #1439 on: August 12, 2019, 04:57:17 pm »
big freedia, come in one more time . . . big freedia come in one more time

excuse . . . I don't mean to be rude . . . but give me dat mic and let me do what I do.