Author Topic: The Whisk(e)y Thread  (Read 141948 times)

K8teebug

Re: The Whisk(e)y Thread
« Reply #285 on: August 27, 2015, 12:58:10 pm »
He does.

Relaxer

« Reply #286 on: September 02, 2015, 11:10:25 am »
Yesterday I was at Schneiders liquor store and spied this on the shelf behind the counter where they store the expensive stuff. I'd never seen or heard of it so I had to give it a shot.

I figured it would be outta-hand expensive but I think it was less than $40 (I was already buying a few bottles of other stuff). Anyway, it is great! It's like Jamesons but with a coffee-like sweetness to it. The story is it's Irish whiskey that's been finished in stout-seasoned barrels. Whatever the case, it's a limited run and if you like Irish, you should try this, and quickly because these off-shoot releases have a tendency to disappear very quickly.

And probably your cheapest option is to get it from http://www.hitimewine.net/home.php where it's listed at $29/bottle, not including shipping.
oword

brennser

« Reply #287 on: September 03, 2015, 10:53:40 am »
I figured it would be outta-hand expensive but I think it was less than $40 (I was already buying a few bottles of other stuff). Anyway, it is great! It's like Jamesons but with a coffee-like sweetness to it. The story is it's Irish whiskey that's been finished in stout-seasoned barrels. Whatever the case, it's a limited run and if you like Irish, you should try this, and quickly because these off-shoot releases have a tendency to disappear very quickly.

oooh, I HAVE to try this because I also have a few bottles of the stout that was aged in the same barrels! Thanks Relaxer!

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #288 on: September 03, 2015, 02:28:10 pm »
what's the stout?
<sig>

Relaxer

« Reply #289 on: September 03, 2015, 02:46:58 pm »
This limited edition whiskey is born out of a collaboration between Midleton Distillery and the Franciscan Well Brewery which is based in Cork City.  After managing to get their hands on a few Jameson casks, Franciscan Well aged some of their stout in the barrels as an experimentation.

« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 02:50:17 pm by Relaxer »
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #290 on: September 03, 2015, 04:01:54 pm »
ohhhhh... 

brennser, i'll be over on saturday to help you with one of your bottles... everton/chelsea?
<sig>

« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2015, 01:02:55 pm »
Nearly four years ago, a Scottish distillery sent a vial of whisky into space in the name of science. The vial returned to Earth in September 2014, and according to the distillery, the whisky was significantly altered by its time in orbit.

slack

Relaxer

« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2015, 06:58:23 pm »
After you drink it, this happens:

beats a hangover, I guess
oword

vansmack

« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2015, 07:09:29 pm »
ohhhhh... 

brennser, i'll be over on saturday to help you with one of your bottles... everton/chelsea?

Fucking hell!  Liverpool travel to Old Trafford this weekend and you have the nerve to say Everton/Chelsea?!!!
27>34

brennser

« Reply #294 on: September 10, 2015, 09:59:00 am »
ohhhhh... 

Fucking hell!  Liverpool travel to Old Trafford this weekend and you have the nerve to say Everton/Chelsea?!!!

exactly!!  :o :o :o

Unfortunately I will be missing both games and instead flogging my aching body 102 miles and 8,300 feet on a bike ride around gettysburg

« Reply #295 on: September 10, 2015, 10:30:36 am »
and instead flogging my aching body 102 miles and 8,300 feet on a bike ride around gettysburg
oh good another alcoholic long distance biker on the board

that Civil War Century always gets lots of press and always sells out
I'm doing that next year

Was thinking of doing the Lakes and grapes ride in fredrkicsburg this weekend
slack

brennser

« Reply #296 on: September 10, 2015, 11:52:19 am »
and instead flogging my aching body 102 miles and 8,300 feet on a bike ride around gettysburg
oh good another alcoholic long distance biker on the board

that Civil War Century always gets lots of press and always sells out
I'm doing that next year

Was thinking of doing the Lakes and grapes ride in fredrkicsburg this weekend

LOL - I wish there was a like button for this - CWC is great but tough - as long as you get plenty of hill work in you'll be fine

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #298 on: October 05, 2015, 11:15:24 am »
any Fireball drinkers out there?
Oh, my. Yes, please do identify yourselves so I can deride you.
LVMH

Relaxer

« Reply #299 on: October 05, 2015, 03:59:03 pm »
You know what, I've had Fireball a couple times over the past 1-2 years and have kind of enjoyed it. It hits a different pleasure point than a Green Spot or Noah's Mill will, but it's a candy liquor drink that has its occasional place in the same way that cotton candy, Weird Al Yankovic, and the reverse cowgirl do: a fun thing to do sometimes but let's not overdo it.

Interestingly enough, as long as we're discussing fun candy drinks, I've become quite enamored with this occasional tipple:

If I drink it more than once a week, I feel shame, but when it's been awhile, a little of this with ice is a delightfully tasty dessert-style drink. Added bonus: Every woman I've offered this to has loved it and found me immediately more interesting.
oword