Author Topic: Best rock clubs in America list  (Read 32087 times)

bearman🐻

Re: Best rock clubs in America list
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2013, 11:33:37 am »
(And yes, it was meant to be funny that I said lists don't mean anything and then I added my own...doesn't meant shit but they're fun to rip apart, which you can feel free to do to mine.)

showlistdc

• http://www.showlistdc.com
    • Comprehensive DC-area concert calendar
« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2013, 11:37:04 am »
OK so I looked up on the DC Murder Map and in 2010 on two occasions someone was murdered within a  block of the 930 club. <more crime stats cut>

OK so don't come to shows at the 9:30 club.  Trust me, we won't miss you.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #62 on: April 08, 2013, 11:39:43 am »
"we"?  who is we?  who the fuck are you; the representation of everybody who goes, owns and speaks for the club? 

hutch

« Reply #63 on: April 08, 2013, 12:12:37 pm »
cranky boardies today...

the area around the 930 is safe enough.. like anywhere you need to have some street smarts...and like anywhere anything could happen to you..but is it lilkely that anything other than people breaking into your car- if you leave stuff visible- will happen if you go to the 930? no way. it is not likely.

I think the murder rate for dc fell to under 100 people last year.... at its peak i think it was over 1000...

i wonder what those complaining about the safety around the 930 would have thought when it opened......back then it was unsafe....but things have changed....

atomicfront

« Reply #64 on: April 08, 2013, 12:14:22 pm »
cranky boardies today...

the area around the 930 is safe enough.. like anywhere you need to have some street smarts...and like anywhere anything could happen to you..but is it lilkely that anything other than people breaking into your car- if you leave stuff visible- will happen if you go to the 930? no way. it is not likely.

I think the murder rate for dc fell to under 100 people last year.... at its peak i think it was over 1000...

i wonder what those complaining about the safety around the 930 would have thought when it opened......back then it was unsafe....but things have changed....

I started going to WUST in 1985. 
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 12:21:05 pm by atomicfront »

bearman🐻

« Reply #65 on: April 08, 2013, 01:55:59 pm »

I heard about what went on back then. Let's just say that it was pre-Blowoff, but much more true to the name.

slappy

« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2013, 03:18:38 pm »

Sheeeot, I was at WUST for Malcolm X in May of 1963.

atomicfront

« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2013, 04:48:19 pm »

Sheeeot, I was at WUST for Malcolm X in May of 1963.

Wow you are old.  I just saw Government Issue, Dead Kennedys,, Dagnasty which hardly compares to Malcom X.

I was thinking they should do a worst rock clubs in the country.  That might be more interesting.

Yada

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2013, 05:05:03 pm »
"we"?  who is we?  who the fuck are you; the representation of everybody who goes, owns and speaks for the club? 

Is this a "walky melts and quits the board" type of day?? Sure seems like it.

atomicfront

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2013, 05:10:36 pm »
OK so I looked up on the DC Murder Map and in 2010 on two occasions someone was murdered within a  block of the 930 club. <more crime stats cut>

OK so don't come to shows at the 9:30 club.  Trust me, we won't miss you.

You are an idiot.  Because you tell someone to park in a potential death zone and I prove you wrong you tell me not to come?  I will come as often as I want.  And when I do I will park within a block of the club.   Not wandering around 4 blocks from the club trying to save a few bucks.

Get a real username instead of spamming the board with your piss poor site.  Do you know anything about web design?  Maybe you should take a course instead of being an azz.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2013, 05:13:55 pm »
Because you tell someone to park in a death zone and I prove you wrong you tell me not to come? 

not that anyone can take you seriously anyways, but it's hard to finish reading your sentence when you start with "park in a death zone" when talking about the club.  your own research revealed there were, what, 2 murders in the past 5 or 10 years?  i bet the neighborhood you live in has a similar murder rate.

please, for the betterment of humanity: think before you type.
<sig>

atomicfront

« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2013, 05:18:13 pm »
Because you tell someone to park in a death zone and I prove you wrong you tell me not to come? 

not that anyone can take you seriously anyways, but it's hard to finish reading your sentence when you start with "park in a death zone" when talking about the club.  your own research revealed there were, what, 2 murders in the past 5 or 10 years?  i bet the neighborhood you live in has a similar murder rate.

He told me to park on 9th above Berry.  There are a lot more than 2 muders in the past 7 years in the area from there to the club.  I am not talking about parking in the area around the club.  I am stating where he told me there was plenty of free parking.  Which looking at a satelitte image looks pretty desolate.

Yada

« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2013, 05:21:38 pm »

He told me to park on 9th above Berry.  There are a lot more than 2 muders in the past 7 years in the area from there to the club.  I am not talking about parking in the area around the club.  I am stating where he told me there was plenty of free parking.  Which looking at a satelitte image looks pretty desolate.

LOL

slappy

« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2013, 05:51:29 pm »

You know you could always take a taxi right to the club door unless ... wait ... y'all aren't afraid Mr. T and Bill Maher still drive cabs?

aglanixp

« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2013, 06:16:52 pm »
I think she is a she.