Author Topic: Record Store Day 4/20  (Read 26251 times)

Unsanity

Re: Record Store Day 4/20
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 04:23:38 pm »
Gotta list?
Where are you located?
Would like to see this as well.
Thought about stopping by Sound Garden for the Clutch in-store but I doubt I'll get up there.  Nothing on the list this year that I've absolutely gotta have.

I would love to go to that Clutch thing too but probably won't make it...Anyway, I have mostly classic rock, soul and good jazz things. I'll link my craigslist ad.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/gms/3749825787.html

For best selection be there right when I start at like 8 am. I know record people will be tearing up my crates like wild animals.

Yada

« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 05:00:10 pm »
Gotta list?
Where are you located?
Would like to see this as well.
Thought about stopping by Sound Garden for the Clutch in-store but I doubt I'll get up there.  Nothing on the list this year that I've absolutely gotta have.

I would love to go to that Clutch thing too but probably won't make it...Anyway, I have mostly classic rock, soul and good jazz things. I'll link my craigslist ad.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/gms/3749825787.html

For best selection be there right when I start at like 8 am. I know record people will be tearing up my crates like wild animals.

Where's Chantilly?  ;D

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 09:53:21 pm »
Double Dagger - 333 plus DVD
Dan Deacon - Konono Ripoff No 1
Evian Christ - Duga-3
A Place to Bury Strangers - Strange Moon
the Fauns - Fragile/Sun is Crushing Remixes
The Zombies - the Zombies
No Alternative - 20th anniversary
Antoni Maiovvi - Yellow: Original Music From The Short Film
Chelsea Wolfe / King Dude - Sing Songs Together

Some good ones on that list. Personally, I would love to get my hands on The Fauns record but international releases have just gotten too damned expensive for me. The Clint Mansell remix of "Fragile" is incredible.

While I was searching for it, I ran across this Amazon Marketplace copy of their original CD. Sure makes the RSD vinyl look dirt cheap in comparison! Glad I bought my copy when it was released. This is insane!!!!   :o :o :o :o :o

The Fauns
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:04:27 pm by Jaguar »

Unsanity

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 11:00:04 pm »
Chantilly is like a collection of neighborhoods and business parks, not really a real town. My place is easily accessible from rt.50 and rt.28

killsaly

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 12:51:31 am »
The Fauns
Ha ha what?  I already have that one as well.  I cant imagine it going for anything close to that. (I cant remember if I have the cd, or digital only, but i would definitely put mine up for $200, A STEAL). Anyways, if Joe talks me into going to RSD, I will definitely grab you one if they have them, and bring it up when I take that beach vacation I was telling you about. 

I thought it was strange Antoni Maiovvi was on RSD.  I know him from another music forum.  Small world.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:53:46 am by killsaly »

Bagley

killsaly

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2013, 02:10:45 pm »
I decided to sleep in, and see what was left around 11:30.  I was able to get my number two choice (behind Double Dagger which had quickly sold out this morning) at Trax on Wax in Catonsville.  Their exclusive selection was down to about twenty titles.
A Place to Bury Strangers - Strange Moon

hutch

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2013, 07:38:43 pm »
even though i had sworn it off i stopped by the store a few blocks from my house about 11ish..

they had like 20 copies of lawn boy at $99.... a bunch of dead at $53 and the cure's kiss me was $59

a few other things but no sign of the malkmus

oh also the blind melon was there at $59

seeme a bit pricey...maybe my store marked them up.. i don't know..they did look like quality products..

Yada

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2013, 09:21:58 am »
even though i had sworn it off i stopped by the store a few blocks from my house about 11ish..

they had like 20 copies of lawn boy at $99.... a bunch of dead at $53 and the cure's kiss me was $59

seeme a bit pricey...maybe my store marked them up.. i don't know..they did look like quality products..

Wtf? What store do you shop at? That is at least double the cost of the list price of all the stores I went to/read online.

hutch

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2013, 09:23:58 am »

Wtf? What store do you shop at? That is at least double the cost of the list price of all the stores I went to/read online.

oh i dont' shop there..just stopped by cause its so close and i figured i'd see what they had

its blue groove in arlington. a total ripoff..

what did you buy?

Yada

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2013, 09:51:41 am »

oh i dont' shop there..just stopped by cause its so close and i figured i'd see what they had

its blue groove in arlington. a total ripoff..

what did you buy?

Blind Melon - s/t
Phish - Lawnboy
The Band - Last Waltz
Miles Davis - Milestones
Various Artists - No Alternative
Lee Scratch Perry and the Upsetters -Chapter 1
Phosphorescent -Aw Come Aw Wry
El Michaels Affair - 36 Chambers
Built to Spill - Live
Fela Kuti - Sorrow Tears
Various Artists - Rough Guide to African Disco

I got everything I wanted except Biggie and Malkmus

dyecraig

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2013, 12:28:36 pm »
I swore off RSD, but caved in again.
I started at CD Cellar in Falls Church, about 25th back in the line. It was a bit manic when they opened and just let everyone in, but I managed to get:
Shuggie
P.i.l.
Nick Drake
Sly
Cal Tjader
The staff there is always friendly and chill (Arlington too).
I really wanted that Fela lp, so I headed over to Blue Groove Soundz - they had it, but most items were not priced and no browsing. It was only when you finally got to the register did you get the price - $26 for the Bowie single and $19 for the Nick Cave single!  I slunked out of there with the Fela, but that will be my last visit to that place.

James Ford

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2013, 05:15:20 pm »
Wait a minute. you're standing in line, 25 deep arly on a Saturday morning, to pay $26 for a Bowie single that is released in 2013?

No offense, but can I ask....why?

Of course, you might ask why someone would pay $26 for a four pack of this...

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/v-vega69/media/GosmsPhoto1366486512691.jpg.html

I started at CD Cellar in Falls Church, about 25th back in the line. It was a bit manic when they opened and just let everyone in, but I managed to get:
Shuggie
P.i.l.
Nick Drake
Sly
Cal Tjader
I really wanted that Fela lp, so I headed over to Blue Groove Soundz - they had it, but most items were not priced and no browsing. It was only when you finally got to the register did you get the price - $26 for the Bowie single and $19 for the Nick Cave single!  I slunked out of there with the Fela, but that will be my last visit to that place.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 05:41:13 pm by James Ford »

dyecraig

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2013, 09:50:18 pm »
I'm pretty sure the Bowie was only 7.99 @ cd cellar before they ran out, because that's what I paid for the p.i.l. single and seemed to be the price for all of their 45's.
Blue Grooves was selling the actual Bowie "The Next Day" vinyl lp for maybe 4 dollars more than the single, so there go figure.
It's ok, I'll live.
Now, that 4 pack is totally reasonable and would have gone nicely with my listening today.
Anyone get the "mystery release" single?

Wait a minute. you're standing in line, 25 deep arly on a Saturday morning, to pay $26 for a Bowie single that is released in 2013?

No offense, but can I ask....why?

Of course, you might ask why someone would pay $26 for a four pack of this...

http://s34.photobucket.com/user/v-vega69/media/GosmsPhoto1366486512691.jpg.html

Shuggie
P.i.l.
Nick Drake
Sly
Cal Tjader

« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 09:55:58 pm by dyecraig »