Author Topic: Best Band in the World Today  (Read 22259 times)

atomicfront

Re: Best Band in the World Today
« Reply #45 on: April 24, 2013, 03:53:31 pm »
Thanks for the link removal. Not something you think about when your kid is a few days old, but definitely something you think about when they are 5+.

Cute kids, but a thought:

I't probably not a good idea to put pictures of your kids on an internet message board. Too many creeps out there.

Thanks for all of your kind words. This is really a wonderful time for both of us.

And since some of y'all asked, here's some pics from her first hours on earth. Be nice, I know I'm an old man/dork! Thankfully, she looks just like her mommy.

LINK REMOVED BY SMACKIE

You worry too much.

vansmack

« Reply #46 on: April 24, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2013, 05:14:16 pm »
charlie nakatestes, japanese golfer.

wut

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #48 on: April 24, 2013, 05:48:29 pm »
Menahan Street Band
T.Rex

James Ford

« Reply #49 on: April 24, 2013, 07:10:59 pm »
There's plenty more Eric Toth's out there.

Thanks for the link removal. Not something you think about when your kid is a few days old, but definitely something you think about when they are 5+.

Cute kids, but a thought:

I't probably not a good idea to put pictures of your kids on an internet message board. Too many creeps out there.

Thanks for all of your kind words. This is really a wonderful time for both of us.

And since some of y'all asked, here's some pics from her first hours on earth. Be nice, I know I'm an old man/dork! Thankfully, she looks just like her mommy.

LINK REMOVED BY SMACKIE

You worry too much.

hutch

« Reply #50 on: April 24, 2013, 09:05:20 pm »
My point is U2 is recording plenty of albums and not releasing them because they don't think they cut it...

that's not the world's best band.. 

the world's best band knows where they're heading, what they're doing, they go in and cut an album in a few weeks, release it and stand behind it..

what did U2 do after their last album was a relative tanking? They blamed it on the fans actually.

hutch

« Reply #51 on: April 24, 2013, 09:09:58 pm »

so what is he going to do with a picture of a kid? Jerk off to it?

I personally don't see any reason not to share a picture of my kids...but I removed it just not to have to deal with the pc police which is what you are...not worth the hassle.. personally I find it offensive that you would even go there to question my parenting or what kind of "man" i am because I went to a record store instead of playing with my kids as you wrote.....I think you crossed the line there.. its one thing to argue strongly about music.. but when you start personalizing it like that and getting people's kids involved.. i think thats piss poor and you get the asshole of the week award.

bearman🐻

« Reply #52 on: April 25, 2013, 10:42:38 am »
Maybe not the best band in the world, but right now nothing makes me happier than to see this: http://dangerousminds.net/comments/the_other_black_flag_re_union_40_scorching_minutes_of_keith_morris_and_chuc

James Ford

« Reply #53 on: April 25, 2013, 08:23:45 pm »
Sorry I was slow to reply to this. Today wasn't the usual waste your workday on a message board day. Rather, I spent half the day doing Take You Kid to Work Day and the other half struggling to catch up on work.

In all honesty, my comment was meant to make fun of my perception of a typical Nick Cave fan....40 year old dads (do hot 25 yr old women listen to Nick Cave? I think not!) desperate to hold onto their hipster cred, likely spends too much time in record stores (whatever they are) at the expense of family time.

If you want to take that as a personal criticism of your parenting skills, go ahead. I apologize if it made you feel bad, though it probably didn't. And you probably enjoyed calling me an asshole. So you probably got pleasure from the exchange. It probably made you feel like a real tough guy! But it wasn't meant as a personal criticism, because I don't even know you.. As long as your partner and your kids think you're a good parent, that's all that matters, right?

I'm not sure what you mean by "pc police" either. i'm not comfortable putting pictures of my kid online....don't do Facebook or Tweeter, but tolerate my wife doing it....but if that's your thing, post away. Maybe you could start a kids pictures thread?

And what the hell, I'll play the stupid game. Best bands in the world? For varying reasons:

Rolling Stones
Yo La Tengo
Wilco
My Morning Jacket
Dr. Dog

I won't more people with my reasons, because nobody cares.

Au Revoir

so what is he going to do with a picture of a kid? Jerk off to it?

I personally don't see any reason not to share a picture of my kids...but I removed it just not to have to deal with the pc police which is what you are...not worth the hassle.. personally I find it offensive that you would even go there to question my parenting or what kind of "man" i am because I went to a record store instead of playing with my kids as you wrote.....I think you crossed the line there.. its one thing to argue strongly about music.. but when you start personalizing it like that and getting people's kids involved.. i think thats piss poor and you get the asshole of the week award.

vansmack

« Reply #54 on: April 25, 2013, 08:35:43 pm »
You've gone soft.  Now post some photos of you and your kid at work.
27>34

James Ford

« Reply #55 on: April 25, 2013, 09:14:14 pm »
You'll have to friend my wife on facebook, like all the other old time 9:30 boardies are.

You've gone soft.  Now post some photos of you and your kid at work.

imbecile

« Reply #56 on: April 26, 2013, 10:09:03 am »
For the record, there was a boatload of hot 25 year old women at Nick Cave's Strathmore show.

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #57 on: April 26, 2013, 10:22:56 am »
For the record, there was a boatload of hot 25 year old women at Nick Cave's Strathmore show.
Can definitely confirm this.

shemptiness

« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2013, 10:24:21 am »

They were all there with 40 year old dudes though, right?   ;D

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2013, 10:47:32 am »

They were all there with 40 year old dudes though, right?   ;D

nope.  the missus and i stayed home.
<sig>