Author Topic: NFL Draft  (Read 3079 times)

atomicfront

NFL Draft
« on: April 26, 2013, 11:40:34 am »
Ravens got lucky and Elam was still available at 32.   Of all the guys that might be available when the Ravens drafted he is the one I liked the best.  All the others had major weaknesses.  All they could say about Elam was that he was small.  Evidently a hard hitter.

Landover, MDfootball fans I guess the only good news is that the Cowboys traded back and then picked a guy that people expected to be picked in the third round.  Guess they don't have the money to sign a real first round pick.  I guess neither does the Landover team.  Do they have a pick today?  Maybe trading back is an option. 

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
Re: NFL Draft
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2013, 02:18:53 pm »
😐 🎶

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 02:50:50 pm »
Skins have the 51st pick tonight.

Too bad the draft is one steaming, boring pile of shit.
‼‼?‼‼

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 02:59:50 pm »
Caps and Nats both on last night.  Draft? ? ? ?

atomicfront

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2013, 03:07:02 pm »
You don't have to watch the draft to discuss it.  I didn't watch the whole thing.  I turned it on right before the Ravens made their pick.  I guess when your team has no picks it is easy to dismiss the draft.  But I would rather watch NFL draft than watch the Nationals.  I am sure you guys were more interested last year when you got RGIII. 

James Ford

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2013, 03:15:29 pm »
I think it's sadly funny when people refer to their local team of millionaires (who play a GAME for a living!) as "we", "us", "you guys" etc.

As if they were part of the team, or owned the team, or something like that. But I guess people like that are entitled to such things, since these millionaires salaries are paid for by the hard earned money they spend on overpriced beer, food, foam fingers, jerseys that make you look like a little kid, and game tickets.

hutch

« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 03:27:07 pm »
I think it's sadly funny when people refer to their local team of millionaires (who play a GAME for a living!) as "we", "us", "you guys" etc.

As if they were part of the team, or owned the team, or something like that. But I guess people like that are entitled to such things, since these millionaires salaries are paid for by the hard earned money they spend on overpriced beer, food, foam fingers, jerseys that make you look like a little kid, and game tickets.

another in the long line of James Ford's "I'm better than you" posts...

James Ford

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2013, 03:39:16 pm »
I'm sorry you take it that way. But in your case specifically, that is true.

I just struggle with financial inequality is our society. The fact that someone can make 50 times the salary of the president because he can hit a ball with a piece of wood, or run fast and catch a ball....is mindblowing.

gavroche

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2013, 03:47:03 pm »
You can diminish the professions by calling them games but most of these athletes are literally selling years off their lives to entertain us.  If you want to see inequality look at the owners and their taxpayer funded facilities, not the players.

atomicfront

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2013, 03:48:48 pm »

First, when did I asy "we" or "us"? Second, I don't buy beer or foam fingers from the team.  And I don't buy Ravens tickets as they are all sold out.  I do go to many Orioles games.  And who are we kidding about "hard-earned" money.  I doubt too many of us are toiling out in the hot sun for a few dollars of pay that we spend on football tickets.  

I watched all the Ravens games at the local bar and I drank Miller light in pitchers that turned out to be less than 2 bucks a pint.  Maybe if you didn't waste your money on beers that cost 12 dollars a bottle you could afford to buy your local team's jersey.  

And lastly, why does every thread have to be derailed on here.  If you have no interest in the draft don't post in the thread?  Do I go into the Marathon thread and tell you are ruining your knees by running long distances on pavement?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2013, 03:50:44 pm by atomicfront »

hutch

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2013, 03:49:26 pm »
I'm sorry you take it that way. But in your case specifically, that is true.

I just struggle with financial inequality is our society. The fact that someone can make 50 times the salary of the president because he can hit a ball with a piece of wood, or run fast and catch a ball....is mindblowing.

Ever heard of "live and let live" or "different strokes for different folks"?... you seem to make some sort of calculation on everything that the way you live is the way everyone else should live...essentially you like to judge people based on your personal standards...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2013, 04:26:35 pm »
But I guess people like that are entitled to such things, since these millionaires salaries are paid for by the hard earned money they spend on overpriced beer, food, foam fingers, jerseys that make you look like a little kid, and game tickets.

how many games will you be going to this year? ;D
<sig>