Author Topic: Hipster music talk  (Read 14684 times)

StoneTheCrow

Re: Hipster music talk
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2013, 11:50:44 am »
are you saying Tool is a kind of show that you don't need to attend, that just knowing the setlist is enough?

No - maybe I misunderstood the original quote.

Their setlist over the paast couple tours did not change dramatically and I passed on shows after finding out the setlist was nearly identical to a pair of shows I had seen a year or two earlier. 

moeszyslak

« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2013, 12:00:39 pm »
The show I was referencing was at the 930 club and was in the early 2000's.

4/20/03 to be exact... I think.

It was Easter as well.  I wondered if there were always people dressed in rabbit suits on stage.  I want to say that they played that "Thank You Jack White (for that fiber-optic Jesus that you gave me)"

hutch

« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2013, 12:07:44 pm »

It was Easter as well.  I wondered if there were always people dressed in rabbit suits on stage.  I want to say that they played that "Thank You Jack White (for that fiber-optic Jesus that you gave me)"

they did!

moeszyslak

« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2013, 12:12:03 pm »

they did!

I thought so, but I saw them open up for String Cheese Incident at the Patriot Center a few months later, so I wasn't positive. 

azaghal1981

« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2013, 12:27:38 pm »
No you got it right.

are you saying Tool is a kind of show that you don't need to attend, that just knowing the setlist is enough?

No - maybe I misunderstood the original quote.

Their setlist over the paast couple tours did not change dramatically and I passed on shows after finding out the setlist was nearly identical to a pair of shows I had seen a year or two earlier. 
احمد