Author Topic: Since the gun ban has been reversed...  (Read 124018 times)

Jaguar

• Air Atlantic Underground
Re: Since the gun ban has been reversed...
« Reply #240 on: November 16, 2010, 03:59:16 pm »
...the original magic has faded and needs replaced by something fresh.  that is how i feel about zombies. 

That's kind of ironic considering that you're talking about zombies.

Welcome to the world of Hipsterdom!  ;D

slappy

« Reply #241 on: November 16, 2010, 05:57:32 pm »
...the original magic has faded and needs replaced by something fresh.  that is how i feel about zombies. 

That's kind of ironic considering that you're talking about zombies.

Welcome to the world of Hipsterdom!  ;D

My zombie-themed food truck serves the freshest cupcakes.

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #242 on: November 16, 2010, 06:17:48 pm »
Sometimes I wish you'd have some random celebrity survivor show up. It would be like "Oh my god, is that the singer from My Chemical Romance? Dude, how did you survive?"

i remember reading in one of the letters columns on the book that there are "celebrity" zombies strewn through the book, i haven't noticed one though
(o|o)

Relaxer

« Reply #243 on: November 16, 2010, 06:44:04 pm »
Well that would be fun too. Imagine seeing Zombie Steve Carrell being followed by a bunch of fat geeky zombies holding scripts.
oword

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #244 on: November 16, 2010, 07:12:34 pm »
<sig>

Vas Deferens

« Reply #245 on: November 18, 2010, 11:07:03 am »
well back to the Walking Dead, it's my current obsession. I didn't know this turned into a zombie thread until nkotb told me (after I mentioned the show to him). Show is indeed brilliant!  Maybe they will end up in Rockville in sweetcell's backyard by the end of the series?
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #246 on: November 18, 2010, 11:15:53 am »
Did you see Zombieland?  Pretty blah movie (funnier than I expected...but that wasn't saying much), but that celebrity thing comes into play big time.

Well that would be fun too. Imagine seeing Zombie Steve Carrell being followed by a bunch of fat geeky zombies holding scripts.

Relaxer

« Reply #247 on: November 18, 2010, 12:26:50 pm »
Yeah, that was a pretty good manifestation of my thoughts on that. "I never was very good at practical jokes"
oword

HoyaSaxa03

« Reply #248 on: November 22, 2010, 07:30:36 pm »
wowza on last night's episode, the last 5 minutes was pretty great  ;D

Vas Deferens -- i don't want to spoil it for other people, but assuming they follow the books even remotely, you can pretty easily find out where the group will head by looking online for a plot summary ... your guess of rockville isn't very far off ...

http://walkingdead.wikia.com/wiki/The_Walking_Dead_Wiki
(o|o)

Vas Deferens

« Reply #249 on: November 22, 2010, 07:38:13 pm »
Hoya...I wasn't guessing...I didn't read the books but read the plot summary...  ::)

Yep, last night was off the hook...do people turn into zombies once they die? I kept yelling to the TV, "GET AWAY FROM HER SOON!!!"  LOVE THE GORE!
(_|_)

nkotb

« Reply #250 on: November 22, 2010, 09:00:27 pm »
Yeah, that was a pretty intense few minutes.  My wife has learned to dread the post-commercial warning of violent content.  The look on her face is always priceless. 

Joe's question will be interesting: I wonder how they'll present people turning.  I mean, the book goes for the classic "everyone that dies comes back," but it's not so integral to the plot that they couldn't change it up.  I think the viral nature of some more recent zombie movies makes it more plausible to a wider audience, but who knows?

Hoya...I wasn't guessing...I didn't read the books but read the plot summary...  ::)

Yep, last night was off the hook...do people turn into zombies once they die? I kept yelling to the TV, "GET AWAY FROM HER SOON!!!"  LOVE THE GORE!

Relaxer

« Reply #251 on: November 23, 2010, 10:01:15 am »

Yep, last night was off the hook...do people turn into zombies once they die? I kept yelling to the TV, "GET AWAY FROM HER SOON!!!" 

Same here, except I was yelling "PERHAPS YOU SHOULD MAKE YOUR ESCAPE IN THE NEAR FUTURE!"

LOVE THE GORE!

And the Gore loves you too baby.
oword

Relaxer

« Reply #252 on: November 23, 2010, 11:10:48 am »
I must say that I was a little let down by this most recent episode, probably the first one that didn't really blow me away. Maybe it's the inevitable let-down once the initial wave of excitement has passed, though I would've gotten morning sickness from the old-lady-calms-down-gang-bangers-who-are-really-kind-caring-lovers-of-worthless-old-people.
oword

BookerT

« Reply #253 on: November 23, 2010, 11:54:44 am »
i'm all caught up with this show now. i'm not a zombie person, all i really know about zombies i learned in this thread (which i guess is a fucking lot, actually) but i am really enjoying it. because it takes place in atlanta i'm always like, 'hey, there's zombie bradford cox!' but seriously, a lot of those zombies look like bradford cox. also the show reminds me a lot of 'lost,' but maybe that's just because that's the only other show i've watched in the last few years.

i guess if i was to ask one 'newb' question it would be - are they going to explain why everyone became zombies? like, i saw that one fresh prince movie where he fought the zombies and they had the flashback/tv anchor person explanation. i guess it doesn't really matter, just curious. also about the whole 'who becomes a zombie?' question. maybe it's only people who die from the fever become zombies? and people who get chomped to death just die? i dunno. anyway, good show!

nkotb

« Reply #254 on: November 23, 2010, 12:05:03 pm »
I guess they'll cover some of it (I'm a bit behind on the comic, so I'm not sure what they've done in the last 16 issues or so: Translation: DON"T TELL ME!!!).  There's kind of two schools of zombie theory on it:

1) Anyone that dies comes back regardless of how they died.

2) It's viral, so only those bitten by zombies come back as zombies.

They definitely make that call in the comics, although it remains to be seen if they go the same route on the show.  That's what I meant about the "viral cause" being a little more swallowable by the general public; it makes things a little more plausible, rather than some spiritual/otherwordly "holy shit, everyone is returning to eat your face off" answer.

i guess if i was to ask one 'newb' question it would be - are they going to explain why everyone became zombies? like, i saw that one fresh prince movie where he fought the zombies and they had the flashback/tv anchor person explanation. i guess it doesn't really matter, just curious. also about the whole 'who becomes a zombie?' question. maybe it's only people who die from the fever become zombies? and people who get chomped to death just die? i dunno. anyway, good show!