Author Topic: The Golden Globes  (Read 28846 times)

wml7

Re: The Golden Globes
« Reply #75 on: January 19, 2012, 11:06:53 am »
I had a Waldorf salad in Chicago, true story  ;D

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #76 on: January 19, 2012, 11:27:36 am »
i think it is over.

i know . . . great, just great.   :P

vansmack

« Reply #77 on: January 19, 2012, 01:10:28 pm »
Do any straight people refer to their s.o. as their partner?

I've told this story before, but I once had a job interview with a gay man, and the interview was going swimmingly for a good half hour until I mentioned that I moved out here to San Francisco with my girlfriend and the interview came to a screeching halt.

From that point on I referred to my girlfriend as my partner in every interview I had.

I had an interview yesterday and I referred to her as my "then partner."
27>34

Yada

« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2012, 02:07:03 pm »
Do any straight people refer to their s.o. as their partner?

I've told this story before, but I once had a job interview with a gay man, and the interview was going swimmingly for a good half hour until I mentioned that I moved out here to San Francisco with my girlfriend and the interview came to a screeching halt.

From that point on I referred to my girlfriend as my partner in every interview I had.

I had an interview yesterday and I referred to her as my "then partner."

Bunch o' predjudice gay men!

James Ford

« Reply #79 on: January 23, 2012, 09:51:15 am »
For all you partners out there...

Neil Patrick Harris has revealed that he can't wait to marry partner David Burtka as he wants to call him his "husband'.
The 'How I Met Your Mother' star has been engaged to the chef for over five years.
"I'm not the biggest fan of the word 'partner'. It either means that we run a business together or we're cowboys," Contactmusic quoted him as telling Out magazine.

"'Boyfriend' seems fleeting, like maybe we met two weeks ago. I've been saying 'better half' for as long as I've been able to. I think it's a little self-deprecating and clearly defines that we're in a relationship, but it would be nice to say 'my husband,'" he said.

Yada

« Reply #80 on: January 23, 2012, 11:14:37 am »
For all you partners out there...

Neil Patrick Harris has revealed that he can't wait to marry partner David Burtka as he wants to call him his "husband'.
The 'How I Met Your Mother' star has been engaged to the chef for over five years.
"I'm not the biggest fan of the word 'partner'. It either means that we run a business together or we're cowboys," Contactmusic quoted him as telling Out magazine.

"'Boyfriend' seems fleeting, like maybe we met two weeks ago. I've been saying 'better half' for as long as I've been able to. I think it's a little self-deprecating and clearly defines that we're in a relationship, but it would be nice to say 'my husband,'" he said.

Shit...was just going to post this.

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #81 on: January 23, 2012, 11:23:37 am »
who cares what one queer does . . . he ain't me.

i just kissed my partner and said hey partner, nice kiss.

Space Freely

« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2024, 10:20:28 am »
I decided to dredge this thread up because it was so much fun being put in my place by Thatguy for picking on his friends Nicole and Joel. Plenty of other Hall of Fame material here too.

But anyway, this is probably an unpopular take, but the Golden Globes are the best awards show.

Why?

1. They honor both film and tv, all in one show.
2. They have no musical performances (which are usually bad at the Grammys and always bad at the Oscars.)
3. The dispense with boring awards like hair and makeup.
4. It's the only awards show with an open bar.
5. Poor Things beat Barbie for best musical/comedy.

I used to not like that they split the movie awards into musical/comedy and drama categories, but I don't mind it now.
They created an award for best standup special. Nice idea, but Ricky Gervais' special sucked and should not have won.
They created an award for most popular movie. How does anything other then the biggest box office movie win, so how is it any kind of surprise? Isn't the zilliondollars the movie made reqard enough?
Jo Koy sjould be selling tires over at Firestone, not hosting an awards show.

Hutch

« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2024, 10:26:18 am »
I can’t believe anyone watches that abomination! It’s the most absolutely meaningless awards show ever.

Some people just like crap….that’s the only thing I can conclude

What’s next, the People’s Choice Awards?

I mean what is the point of winning an award nobody wants?

« Last Edit: January 08, 2024, 10:30:23 am by Hutch »

nkotb

« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2024, 11:01:51 am »
yeah Space, wtf?!!?!

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2024, 11:29:09 am »
Yeah. Who gives an f.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2024, 11:56:42 am »
They created an award for most popular movie. How does anything other then the biggest box office movie win, so how is it any kind of surprise? Isn't the zilliondollars the movie made reqard enough?

They created an award for the most popular movie so they didn't have to give it every single other award too. Its almost gonna be like if you have the biggest box office, that's what you get. The other more interesting movies can now win awards based on merit or whatever.

Space Freely

« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2024, 12:21:08 pm »

They created an award for the most popular movie so they didn't have to give it every single other award too. Its almost gonna be like if you have the biggest box office, that's what you get. The other more interesting movies can now win awards based on merit or whatever.

Bingo.