Author Topic: Thread for special deals/groupons/discounted tickets  (Read 95862 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: Thread for special deals/groupons/discounted tickets
« Reply #90 on: January 30, 2020, 05:52:35 pm »
I would argue the Detroit Style deep dish at Little Caesars (not the $5 pizza, it has to be the $8 Deep Dish) is superior all the way around.
LVMH

« Reply #91 on: January 30, 2020, 05:54:03 pm »
That stuff is poison dude

I am surprised at you!!
I am of the opinion that they shouldn't even be able to legally call that Pizza
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #92 on: January 30, 2020, 05:54:45 pm »
domino's pizza is gross.  the dough tastes factory-made, they use the cheapest cheese, and the rest of their ingredients come from a can or a freeze-dried pouch.  contains no love.
<sig>

Yada

« Reply #93 on: January 30, 2020, 05:57:08 pm »
domino's pizza is gross.  the dough tastes factory-made, they use the cheapest cheese, and the rest of their ingredients come from a can or a freeze-dried pouch.  contains no love.

Friends. Until you try the THIN CRUST pie*, please do not comment. This stuff is life changing.

I'm very high brow in most of my tastes, however, this pizza is the best bang for your buck.

Also, Julez, it comes to $22.19 for two medium, two topping pies, and that is including a $5 tip. If you're Space, you can probably get this deal for under $20.

*It has to be thin crust, I will not back up Dominos for any other type of pie.

Space Freely

« Reply #94 on: January 30, 2020, 06:02:09 pm »
Perhaps a healthier alternative, though the h word and the p word probably should be used in the same post.

Whole Foods:

•   THURSDAYS ONLY!
Fresh Whole Cheese Pizza
$8 ea
Regular $14 ea
Valid 1/21 – 3/24. Valid 1/22–3/24/20 on Thursdays only. Offer only applies to fresh-baked pizza. No substitutions or additions. Excludes individual pizza slices. Limit 20 units per customer. While supplies last. Quantities limited. No rain checks except where required by law.

« Reply #95 on: January 30, 2020, 06:07:26 pm »
Fresh Whole Cheese Pizza
$8 ea
Now that's a decent pie at a decent price...
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #96 on: January 30, 2020, 06:37:02 pm »

Friends. Until you try the THIN CRUST pie*, please do not comment. This stuff is life changing.

i disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it.

(and if ever i find myself ordering domino's, i'll give thin crust a spin)
<sig>

Space Freely

« Reply #97 on: January 30, 2020, 07:42:57 pm »

i disapprove of what you say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it.

(and if ever i find myself ordering domino's, i'll give thin crust a spin)

First it was indoor plumbing, then it was electricity, and now Dominoes! Rural Washington has come a long way in the last five years!

« Reply #98 on: January 30, 2020, 08:42:01 pm »
To be fair, I cannot speak to dominos thin crust because I am a Midwesterner and thin crust pizza is anathema to me, so it is not in the best interests of pizza justice for me to even weigh in on this. #NotTheTargetAudience
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #99 on: January 30, 2020, 08:54:01 pm »
To be fair, I cannot speak to dominos thin crust because I am a Midwesterner and thin crust pizza is anathema to me, so it is not in the best interests of pizza justice for me to even weigh in on this. #NotTheTargetAudience

My wife is from Chicago but is all about the thin crust. Evolve, man!

« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2020, 09:16:06 pm »

I’ll tolerate that NY style stuff occasionally but thin crust as in crunchy is a step too far. I’m done growing.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #101 on: January 30, 2020, 09:23:18 pm »
You want the best thin crust you have ever had . . , ?

The Melting Pot,  in Front Royal,  VA.

Space Freely

« Reply #102 on: January 30, 2020, 09:47:02 pm »

I’ll tolerate that NY style stuff occasionally but thin crust as in crunchy is a step too far. I’m done growing.
With you there. Chewy, not crunchy, please.

Yada

« Reply #103 on: January 30, 2020, 10:11:34 pm »
We may need a pizza thread.

« Reply #104 on: January 30, 2020, 10:55:28 pm »
I’m not saying we need a Pizza Thread but if we had one, I would definitely defend Pizza Hut as the best of the big four (all-crappy) pizza companies and that seems like easy fodder for the rest of you to insult so . . .
LVMH