Author Topic: Thread for special deals/groupons/discounted tickets  (Read 95860 times)

Mark_Read

Re: Thread for special deals/groupons/discounted tickets
« Reply #165 on: May 04, 2022, 02:05:51 pm »
yea not sure what Starsky's beef with Pallandino is.  Dude is a solid bass player.  Not The Ox but then not many are.

Pino Palladino who I cannot stand
never knew who he was....but what a discogphay...lots of your favs on there
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pino_Palladino

1984 Don Henley Building the Perfect Beast
1983 Paul Young No Parlez
1989 Eric Clapton Journeyman (I know this is a top five for you)
1984 David Gilmour, About Face
1985 Dream Academy The Dream Academy
1989 Tears for Fears, The Seeds of Love
1989 Phil Collins, ...But Seriously
2011 Adele, 21
2019 Harry Styles, Fine Line

Palladino isn't in the current Who touring band, Jon Button is on bass

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #166 on: May 05, 2022, 05:16:17 pm »
Just bought 2 $25 tickets to The Who in section 216 Row F.  The whole row looks to be that price.  Grab em before they go.

Space Freely

« Reply #167 on: May 06, 2022, 07:58:43 am »
Just bought 2 $25 tickets to The Who in section 216 Row F.  The whole row looks to be that price.  Grab em before they go.

Goldstar or somewhere else?

Was that the price *before* fees?

Space Freely

« Reply #168 on: May 06, 2022, 07:59:43 am »
Tickets for Haim's show in Jachsonville Sunday start as low as $10 each, fees included on Stubhub. Wonder how low the DC shows will go?

« Reply #169 on: May 06, 2022, 08:34:34 am »
Tickets for Haim's show in Jachsonville Sunday start as low as $10 each, fees included on Stubhub. Wonder how low the DC shows will go?
whoa!

what's the point at that point?!

Dc has a sold out show and I think they have a fairly big following in the area, so I don't expect these kind of prices at all
I doubt you will be able to get them below face, but then again, I suck at these kind of predictions

edit...dc is already at $29 for the sold out date...see I suck at this
slack

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #170 on: May 06, 2022, 09:17:02 am »
Right on the TM site

Goldstar or somewhere else?

Was that the price *before* fees?

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #171 on: May 06, 2022, 01:35:33 pm »
looks like folks have overestimated the demand for live entertainment. there was an initial rush for concert tickets once they started happening again, but either that demand had dried up, or entertainment providers have over-supplied the market. either way: you get the current glut of discount tickets.
<sig>

Starsky

« Reply #172 on: May 07, 2022, 10:32:26 am »
Not sure that’s true

I think the prompters generallly knew they would end up selling some tickets cheap

« Reply #173 on: May 07, 2022, 12:26:51 pm »
there still are LOTS of sold out shows (just look at the 9:30 site)
but with these tiered pricing schemes, they can suckker in a few thousand super fans and that covers the cost of 1/3 empty venue

the prices of the seat close to the stage are insane...and they have sold alot of them
but at the same time...sad the entire front row is unsold
but at $1160 (+taxes and fees too!) a pop, I'd want t blow job from brian ferry too
slack

Starsky

« Reply #174 on: May 07, 2022, 02:29:35 pm »
This has all been discussed ad nauseam

For the good seats at really big shows they use yield management systems ( like the airlines do ) to allocate seats so you can end up paying $499 for a seat the person next to you got for $99

It’s an attempt to keep as much of the upside or “cream” otherwise the formal scalpers get this and in essence artists are now scalping tickets to their hardcore fans… the Stones really pioneered this…they use the VIP packages which almost entirely consist of junk to move the good seats at higher prices

I doubt they could care less about the cheap seats

« Reply #175 on: May 16, 2022, 09:11:43 am »
$16 for this great show!

Train – AM Gold Tour with Jewel and Blues Traveler

I think we should send Jules and Yada and get a play by play, would probably be the best $32 I've spent all year
slack

« Reply #176 on: July 15, 2022, 04:55:37 pm »
FREE Dreamstate show at Echostage on
Friday, July 22nd

Dreamstate: Satellite Series - DC
Presented by Dreamstate, GLOW, + Synthesis / Ages 18+ / (a-z) Craig Connelly, Greg Downey, Simon Patterson, Tomas Heredia / Support: Ricky S
slack

lily1

« Reply #177 on: August 01, 2022, 12:46:40 pm »
Roxy Music is on Goldstar for about half price for a variety of seating locations/price ranges.

Why the hell they were booked there is beyond me. There's not a chance they would sell even half the venue. A two night stand at Anthem would have been better.

Starsky

« Reply #178 on: August 01, 2022, 02:25:09 pm »
Roxy Music is on Goldstar for about half price for a variety of seating locations/price ranges.

Why the hell they were booked there is beyond me. There's not a chance they would sell even half the venue. A two night stand at Anthem would have been better.

I think one night at Anthem would  have done it… but this seems to be a thing with the entire tour

Space Freely

« Reply #179 on: August 01, 2022, 03:03:33 pm »

I think one night at Anthem would  have done it… but this seems to be a thing with the entire tour

Wouldn't a headlining set by St. Vincent alone be enough the sell out a night at Anthem?

Was Roxy Music *ever* really that popular with the casual music fan who likely populates most of the seats of an arena show?