Author Topic: How "old" are you?  (Read 24117 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: How "old" are you?
« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2013, 09:50:05 am »
There is a peculiar notion that elegant plumage and fine feathers are not proper for the male when actually
that is <a href="http://youtu.be/6v1IsOQhEH4>the way things are[/url] in most species.

atomicfront

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2013, 09:54:51 am »
At Newport this year Beck was the last artist to play.  Lumineers were right before him and after they finished there was a mass exodus of the crowd.  We were able to walk right up 15 minutes later and be 10 rows of people back right in the center. 

I realized that Beck fans are basically in the 32 to 40 age group.  All the younger people left and all the older people left.  I had to stay because my wife is 35.  Weird how someones fans just are in one small age group.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2013, 10:00:50 am »
Weird how someones fans just are in one small age group except for the Mountain Goat.

FTFY

atomicfront

« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2013, 10:25:00 am »
Weird how someones fans just are in one small age group except for the Mountain Goat.

FTFY

Mountain Goats fans were thin dudes in their early 20's with big glasses.

hutch

« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2013, 01:25:13 pm »
in addition few countries have men generally keeping their hair so short as the US..it really comes from the whole militarization of the culture....

take men in Italy.. they work on their hair and they look good

nobody ever accused American men of being good looking or sexy and their boring short hair doesn't help.

American men are also so terribly short...ugh..

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #65 on: August 06, 2013, 01:41:15 pm »
ive had enough, this is my prayer
that ill die livin just as free as my hair

« Reply #66 on: August 06, 2013, 03:35:36 pm »
I remember Elvis dying. I didn't quite understand the significance of the guy but I could see that my dad was sad and my mother was just devastated.

When I was a kid, I remember hearing that Elvis died.  All I remember is my friend told me "the found rugs in his stomach" (that is what I heard) and for a while I can remember thinking.  What did Elvis do...did he cut them up and eat the rugs in little pieces or did he just he just try to eat a rug whole and that's what killed him.
slack

killsaly

« Reply #67 on: August 06, 2013, 03:37:13 pm »
I remember Patrick Swayze dieing... Never forget...

eros

« Reply #68 on: August 06, 2013, 03:55:40 pm »
I spent this past weekend at Lollapalooza.  I'm feeling somewhat old right now.
ʎɐʍou

atomicfront

« Reply #69 on: August 06, 2013, 04:13:18 pm »
I remember Patrick Swayze dieing... Never forget...

Wait!! Patrick Swayze died?????

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #70 on: August 06, 2013, 04:56:22 pm »
My first CD ever purchased was Sade
T.Rex

lagas

« Reply #71 on: August 06, 2013, 06:12:54 pm »
Until I was 14, Pinochet was the only president of my country I knew...
zorra

dyecraig

« Reply #72 on: August 06, 2013, 07:30:54 pm »
I remember Elvis dying. I didn't quite understand the significance of the guy but I could see that my dad was sad and my mother was just devastated.

When I was a kid, I remember hearing that Elvis died.  All I remember is my friend told me "the found rugs in his stomach" (that is what I heard) and for a while I can remember thinking.  What did Elvis do...did he cut them up and eat the rugs in little pieces or did he just he just try to eat a rug whole and that's what killed him.

I was at band camp (!) when he died - I was upset as Elvis was my first concert ever in 1970something - I was the 13th caller to 13Q AM in Pittsburgh - it was awesome and I was hooked for life on live shows.  I know it sounds corny, but if you make it to Memphis, the Graceland and Sun Studio tours are totally worth it.  Yes, I am ancient.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 08:44:53 am by dyecraig »

atomicfront

« Reply #73 on: August 07, 2013, 09:58:38 am »

I was at band camp (!) when he died - I was upset as Elvis was my first concert ever in 1970something - I was the 13th caller to 13Q AM in Pittsburgh - it was awesome and I was hooked for life on live shows.  I know it sounds corny, but if you make it to Memphis, the Graceland and Sun Studio tours are totally worth it.  Yes, I am ancient.

I went to Memphis and I saw Graceland and Sun Studio which I agree are both worth seeing.  Actually must sees for people who love rock music.  Plus go to Beale Street and see where Martin Luthur King was shot. Beale Street isn't as cool as Broadway in Nashville but I was able to find one small bar where someone was doing original blues music. 

atomicfront

« Reply #74 on: August 07, 2013, 10:02:08 am »
My first CD ever purchased was Sade

Well at least you had good taste once. 

My first CD was by Flesh For Lulu.  I didn't have a CD player but some record company Rep gave it to me.  When I complained about the lack of CD player someone gave me a KMFDM record.