Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 457783 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #120 on: August 27, 2013, 09:57:33 am »
Do any of y'all find yourself cooking better food than most restaurants, making going to restaurants kind of pointless? I mean my wife makes better Mexican food than almost any Mexican restaurant I've ever been to. And she's a white chick from Chicago.

To your point, no.  Often I will try to cook at home what I've eaten in a restaurant.  Like that time I had bacon jam on a (restaurant) hamburger.  I was like, oh damn, then I was like, how hard can this be?  Then I went home and made bacon jam.  This was four years ago, and it still gets talked about.  Though I never did make a second batch...hmmmm

Yada

« Reply #121 on: August 27, 2013, 09:57:38 am »
move out of the city . . . hippie.

ewe mad bro?

James Ford

« Reply #122 on: August 27, 2013, 09:59:28 am »
Aren't you the guy who drinks CHEAP shit beer by the case?

Still, I'm not a fan of dealing with slow service, making shitchat with servers who too often get the bill wrong, or having to eat in a room full of strangers. Call me strange I guess.

you've sat at one or two bars in your life time, isn't this the same case with bars/bartenders?

personally, i enjoy just sitting my ass down, getting tons of delicious food and drinks put right in front of me, having a feast, and having to do little/no work.

pffft..don't even take James FOrd seriously.. he is C H E A P and just keeps coming up with ways to rationalize it..

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #123 on: August 27, 2013, 10:00:18 am »

hutch

« Reply #124 on: August 27, 2013, 10:03:52 am »

Still, I'm not a fan of dealing with slow service, making shitchat with servers who too often get the bill wrong, or having to eat in a room full of strangers. Call me strange I guess.

you've sat at one or two bars in your life time, isn't this the same case with bars/bartenders?

personally, i enjoy just sitting my ass down, getting tons of delicious food and drinks put right in front of me, having a feast, and having to do little/no work.

pffft..don't even take James FOrd seriously.. he is C H E A P and just keeps coming up with ways to rationalize it..

yeah but I don't pretend it tastes better dude! :)

The way I look at it I can only afford to by the nicer beer once in a while...but I don't sit around saying I'm drinking cheap beer because its as good which is what you're doing with restaurants...and I dont' tell people that drink better beer that the shit beer is as good or that its sensible to drink the shit beer.. its just more affordable and of that there is no argument.

James Ford

« Reply #125 on: August 27, 2013, 10:05:53 am »
I do enjoy eating at home more than dining out. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

The way I look at it I can only afford to by the nicer beer once in a while...but I don't sit around saying I'm drinking cheap beer because its as good which is what you're doing with restaurants...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #126 on: August 27, 2013, 10:07:15 am »
cosumerization is this country james.  i had to consume, just to have this to be able to tell you that.

slappy

« Reply #127 on: August 27, 2013, 10:17:35 am »
You're a lazy, lazy man.  ;)

Getting a draft beer is far less hassle than dealing with service for an entire meal...so I'll sacrafice....still I'd rather have a beer at home.

To me nothing beats the satisfaction of enjoying something that I myself have created. You don't get that sense of accomplishment at a restaurant.

i think you only love the satisfaction . . . of telling us all about it.
l

this. is. it.

Winner, winner, Peruvian chicken dinner!
Also it's not hard to make vegetarian Mexican food.
Guarantee she can't make an Al Pastor taco like Taqueria Distrito Federal or sushi like Taro or Kaz.

hutch

« Reply #128 on: August 27, 2013, 10:24:26 am »
I do enjoy eating at home more than dining out. Why is that so difficult for you to grasp?

The way I look at it I can only afford to by the nicer beer once in a while...but I don't sit around saying I'm drinking cheap beer because its as good which is what you're doing with restaurants...

if you had left it at that it would have been fine..but you had to tell us the food you eat at home is as good as the food at the restaurant...

and face it dude, part of the reason you "enjoy" eating at home is because you sit around thinking how much money you saved and how much smarter you are than everyone else...

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #129 on: August 27, 2013, 10:28:50 am »
saving money = smart

spending money = fun

making enough money where you can do both  =  the point of being alive

Yada

« Reply #130 on: August 27, 2013, 10:32:21 am »
can you dickbags not ruin this thread?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #131 on: August 27, 2013, 10:41:15 am »
i wonder, what dog, tastes like.

Yada

« Reply #132 on: August 27, 2013, 10:44:14 am »

santorum

slappy

« Reply #133 on: August 27, 2013, 11:27:08 am »
I wonder what dickbags taste like?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #134 on: August 27, 2013, 11:35:38 am »
jokes are for laughing.  but think what you want.  and what exactly is a, dickbag?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:38:18 am by walkonby »