Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 457791 times)

Yada

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2014, 03:27:29 pm »
Burger King is replacing its 40-year-old "Have it Your Way" slogan for "Be Your Way." A Burger King exec says it's more personal and emphasizes individuality. BLOOMBERG

Or they could just try the truth: "So the line at Chipotle was too long?"
via

Burger King also delivers now.

atomic

« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2014, 03:55:48 pm »
Burger King is replacing its 40-year-old "Have it Your Way" slogan for "Be Your Way." A Burger King exec says it's more personal and emphasizes individuality. BLOOMBERG

Or they could just try the truth: "So the line at Chipotle was too long?"
via

Burger King also delivers now.

I like it:  "If you are even too lazy for drive thru we now have delivery".

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #438 on: May 29, 2014, 11:55:26 am »
bruiser brody . . . wasnt he, on mike tysons punch out?

Yada

« Reply #439 on: May 29, 2014, 11:58:05 am »
bruiser brody . . . wasnt he, on mike tysons punch out?

wrong thread, this goes in the herpes/nerd thread.

Yada

« Reply #440 on: June 20, 2014, 10:55:04 am »
James will not approve of this wildly extravagant display of wastefulness, time,  and money, but I had my first dining experience at Komi last night (supplemented by a $300 baby gift to the us!).

With expectations set very high, I admit that I was expected to be let down. I was wrong... Literally every single bite was perfect and the wine/beer pairing complimented every morsel.

With a price tag like Komi, I doubt I'll ever dine there again, however it was a top three dining experience of my life.

atomic

« Reply #441 on: June 26, 2014, 04:34:52 pm »
So I went to the store the other day and wanted just a can of tuna fish.  However all the Tuna Fish can's in "water" were actually in "vegetable broth and salt" and contained soy products.  I checked Bumble Bee, Starkist, and Chicken of the Sea and all of them had these questionable ingredients.  If I buy tuna fish in water that is what I want.  Why does our government allow this.

So I looked it up today and it seems these broths have cancer causing ingredients and even MSG.   

Why is our government doing nothing about this.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #442 on: August 05, 2014, 02:33:29 pm »
Bon Chon Hyattsville apparently still happening.

Yada

« Reply #443 on: September 19, 2014, 10:15:57 am »
Hey Seth, how was Al Crostino last night? I was going to send a bottle of champagne to your table but didn't know if that was appropriate.

I had the lobster tortellini that was quite delicious and my wife had the Bolognese. I haven't been there since probably 2008 or so at the old location, but was pleasantly surprised. It's also much much better than Dinos which is next door.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #444 on: September 19, 2014, 10:34:18 am »
Hey Seth, how was Al Crostino last night? I was going to send a bottle of champagne to your table but didn't know if that was appropriate.
If you were following the proper rules of tribute, this was totally appropriate. Sometimes I think about distributing my phone number to the regulars so you can text me in a situation like this and I can assist you with these issues that are directly in my wheelhouse.

EDIT:

Wouldn't this be a great service, honestly? You dial a number, then hit an extension related to your issue.
Dial 1 for luxury and pedantic etiquette questions (Julian)
Dial 2 for strip club listings, cell phones troubleshooting, and baseball scores (Vansmack)
Dial 3 for beer recommendations and general Canadian ephemera (Sweetcell)
Dial 4 for budgeting advice and reviews of unattended concerts (Rhett)
Dial 5 for the gay agenda and cat grooming (Walkie)
Dial 6 for Baltimore noise rock listings and a general lack of perspective (killsaly)
Dial 7 for a list of songs someone else just listened to (Kosmo)

I would pay 9.99/month for this.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 11:39:13 am by Julian, Community ORGANIZER »
LVMH

« Reply #445 on: September 19, 2014, 01:12:50 pm »
classic
but saddened that I've got no special service to provide to the board 1-800-get-help line
slack

Yada

« Reply #446 on: September 19, 2014, 01:21:28 pm »
classic
but saddened that I've got no special service to provide to the board 1-800-get-help line

Julian doesn't understand who the true pillars of the 930 community are.

« Reply #447 on: September 19, 2014, 01:24:50 pm »
now you are totally baiting him for a long diatribe detailing his preeminence in board community management
slack

« Reply #448 on: September 19, 2014, 01:39:51 pm »
classic

8, 9, and 0 are still unbooked. Make your case for why you should get one of the last three spots.
LVMH

« Reply #449 on: September 19, 2014, 01:41:41 pm »
now you are totally baiting him for a long diatribe detailing his preeminence in board community management
It would be so META if I did right now.
LVMH