Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 467101 times)

ggw

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #345 on: February 25, 2014, 01:52:04 pm »
y'know, raw unsalted almonds are almost pretty good when you get used to them.

I eat them every day.  And some walnuts also.  Very good for you.  Nuts are great (cue comment from/about walkonby).

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #346 on: February 25, 2014, 01:55:18 pm »
you, rang?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #347 on: March 05, 2014, 03:58:56 pm »

Yada

« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2014, 02:35:03 pm »
Not sure how I feel about a Ben's in Arlington, kinda lame IMO.

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/bestbites/new-restaurants/bens-chili-bowl-opens-first-standalone-sister-eatery-in-arlington.php

I sometimes forget how delicious that place is after a handful of beers.. paid a visit there post Malkmus the other night and it was delicious.

ggw

« Reply #349 on: March 06, 2014, 02:46:17 pm »

http://www.washingtonian.com/blogs/bestbites/new-restaurants/bens-chili-bowl-opens-first-standalone-sister-eatery-in-arlington.php

I sometimes forget how delicious that place is after a handful of beers.. paid a visit there post Malkmus the other night and it was delicious.

James Ford

« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2014, 02:53:25 pm »
Why is putting a Ben's in Arlington lame?

Yada

« Reply #351 on: March 06, 2014, 03:20:15 pm »

You'd swear VA is your other child the way you defend it.

Did you see the 10 worst traffic spots in the DC area today? I think the majority were in VA.

Edit: I think it's kind of lame to put one in DCA as well as H Street too.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 03:28:51 pm by Yada »

James Ford

« Reply #352 on: March 06, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »
I didn't defend anything, I just asked a question. Which you seem to have failed to answer.

Are you saying a Ben's in Arlington will cause traffic problems?

Did you see the 10 worst traffic spots in the DC area today? I think the majority were in VA.

Yada

« Reply #353 on: March 06, 2014, 03:40:55 pm »
I didn't defend anything, I just asked a question. Which you seem to have failed to answer.

Are you saying a Ben's in Arlington will cause traffic problems?

Actually, I did answer it. I said it would be lame anywhere else than the current location.

And the last time I brought up VA and it's crappy highways, you were quite upset about it.

James Ford

« Reply #354 on: March 06, 2014, 03:44:02 pm »
Oh, I was reading this post. You didn't mention anything about not wanting it in any other location other than its original location. You just said it was kinda lame to put one in Arlington.

James Ford

« Reply #355 on: March 06, 2014, 03:48:19 pm »
AS long as it doesn't diminish the quality of the product, why would you care if they put up other locations? Or is that what you are getting at?

Yada

« Reply #356 on: March 06, 2014, 04:14:10 pm »
AS long as it doesn't diminish the quality of the product, why would you care if they put up other locations? Or is that what you are getting at?

I think it lessens the value/experience of the original...

Have you ever eaten at Ben's?

James Ford

« Reply #357 on: March 06, 2014, 04:28:55 pm »
No, I haven't eaten there. I'm not keen on standing in line for food. Plus,  limited vegetarian options, and what they do have I do a good job of cooking myself.

Why would it lessen the experience of eating at the original, if you are still eating at the original? Because there would be less people there?

Yada

« Reply #358 on: March 06, 2014, 05:23:23 pm »
No, I haven't eaten there. I'm not keen on standing in line for food. Plus,  limited vegetarian options, and what they do have I do a good job of cooking myself.

Why would it lessen the experience of eating at the original, if you are still eating at the original? Because there would be less people there?

your opinion is no longer valid in this matter.

James Ford

« Reply #359 on: March 06, 2014, 06:35:45 pm »
Why do you insist on being such a spoiled little white boy?

I hope you take your kid to Disney World and he pisses on you by telling you it was kinda lame and less special because there's one in California too.

your opinion is no longer valid in this matter.