Author Topic: Gastronomical Banter  (Read 467089 times)

Yada

Re: Gastronomical Banter
« Reply #840 on: January 13, 2021, 08:53:46 pm »
How on earth did I miss the posts about that bbq joint?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That place is ridiculously good... I actually haven't been since September as I had to put a stop to the madness after eating there way too often this summer.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #841 on: January 14, 2021, 12:01:44 pm »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 12:21:04 pm by excontradiction »

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #842 on: January 14, 2021, 12:17:25 pm »
We got tipped to that 2 Fifty BBQ place and gave it a try... the Wagyu Brisket is amazing, so tender it practically melts in your mouth..  will definitely return at some point
T.Rex

WALKonBack

« Reply #843 on: March 01, 2021, 09:19:57 am »
Staying in Charlottesville this weekend.  Eating at Maya and Bizou already.  Anyone know other incredible places for food excellence down there?

Tanks.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #844 on: March 01, 2021, 09:30:02 am »
Staying in Charlottesville this weekend.  Eating at Maya and Bizou already.  Anyone know other incredible places for food excellence down there?

Tanks.
Bizou is great -- good choice. Zocalo and Fleurie in the downtown mall are also good choices.

Tavola is unfucking believable and probably my favorite restaurant in the entire state but I believe they might be closed for inside dining. Mas (aka Mas Tapas) across the street from Tavola and is also great. (I think the neighborhood is called Belmont -- not far from mall.)

Farm Bell Kitchen does a great lunch -- its like 2-3 blocks from The Corner at UVA. Right across the street from The Draftsman and The Graduate if you know where those hotels are.

Lots of olds love C&O but I have never understood the appeal. Maybe the menu hits you more than it does me though.

If you're willing to go a little out of C'Ville, there's always Palladio at Barboursville.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 09:31:49 am by Julian, Adroit TASTEMAKER »
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #845 on: March 01, 2021, 09:40:46 am »
I knew, you would fill my mouth, with awesomeness.   A tip, of my hat.

« Reply #846 on: March 01, 2021, 09:46:21 am »
I knew, you would fill my mouth, with awesomeness.   A tip, of my hat.
No problem. Charlottesville is always a fun weekend trip.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #847 on: March 01, 2021, 09:51:06 am »
Tavola looked great, but yes, no dine in.  Just got the last Friday dinner reservation for Mas, which looks awesome!  C-Ville and surrounding area always make a fun escape. 

Plus . . . I am going to Trump Winery, before he loses it.  I have to.  The Kluges must hate, what they did.

« Reply #848 on: March 01, 2021, 09:55:51 am »
We got tipped to that 2 Fifty BBQ place ...
Man, this stuff is good.  Actually got tipped off through a homebrew connection and met the guy who does the meat smoking to pick up some corny kegs

but that brisket was delish
not really a convenient location for me, but worth the trip (in a weird off the beaten path location)
slack

« Reply #849 on: March 01, 2021, 09:59:45 am »
Plus . . . I am going to Trump Winery, before he loses it.  I have to.  The Kluges must hate, what they did.
It's just, honestly, not very good wine, and I thought that long before he was a political figure. (This is the point where Vansmack is going to show up and compare Virginia wines to Napa or Central Coast and yes, we get it: California is no doubt much better.)

If you're going to be near Trump and that south-of-C'Ville winery area, Michael Shaps Wineworks and Gabrielle Rousse are probably your best wines around there but not the most picturesque hangouts. Jefferson and Blenheim (Dave Matthews) are pretty drinkable and places you can chill for a while.
LVMH

WALKonBack

« Reply #850 on: March 06, 2021, 04:25:51 pm »
Julian . . . my partner and I say thanks!  Your restaurant and winery recommendations were on point and excellent.

Also, for brunch,  try Tavern and Grocery.

« Reply #851 on: March 06, 2021, 04:53:20 pm »
Glad to hear! I have not tried Tavern and Grocery so it’s on my list for next month.
LVMH

« Reply #853 on: March 30, 2021, 10:00:31 am »
SO excited for this.
I used to have a high opinion of your tastes...this is making me question that
slack

challenged

• Instagram
« Reply #854 on: March 30, 2021, 10:06:09 am »
SO excited for this.
I used to have a high opinion of your tastes...this is making me question that

I was being slightly sarcastic, and have not been to a CCF for a long time. But it is great news for the hospitality worker community (I think, I have no idea whether they are a decent employer).