Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615088 times)

James Ford

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2014, 08:49:10 am »
Perhaps they should charge $135 admission and strongly suggest people wear dress shirts and chinos. It would achieve the same audience outcome.

It's odd that they would call what sounds like a perfectly reasonable dress code "ridiculous".

New dress code in St. Louis:

'The following is not permitted under our dress code after 9pm: sleeveless shirts on men, profanity on clothing, exposed undergarments on men, sweat pants, full sweat suits, excessively long shirts (when standing upright with arms at your side, the bottom of your shirt can not extend below the tip of your fingers), jerseys (sleeved jerseys are permitted in conjunction with a cardinals game or any other major St. Louis sporting event), athletic shorts and excessively sagging pants or shorts bandanas.'

http://deadspin.com/new-st-louis-ballpark-village-has-a-ridiculous-dress-c-1552078792

this might be the most james ford response ever.

atomic

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2014, 11:10:34 am »
New dress code in St. Louis:

'The following is not permitted under our dress code after 9pm: sleeveless shirts on men, profanity on clothing, exposed undergarments on men, sweat pants, full sweat suits, excessively long shirts (when standing upright with arms at your side, the bottom of your shirt can not extend below the tip of your fingers), jerseys (sleeved jerseys are permitted in conjunction with a cardinals game or any other major St. Louis sporting event), athletic shorts and excessively sagging pants or shorts bandanas.'

http://deadspin.com/new-st-louis-ballpark-village-has-a-ridiculous-dress-c-1552078792

I was hopeful that this was for the whole city of St Louis but it is just for a ballpark? Maybe we should have this in Baltimore. I like the idea of extending your hands and measuring to see if you shirt isn't over the length of your fingers. If it is the cops could hit you with their nightstick.  Otherwise you are free to go about your business.

vansmack

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2014, 12:40:52 pm »
Tanner Scheppers will be the opening day starter for the injury ravaged Rangers.

He's is the fourth pitcher in MLB history to make his first career start on opening day, and first since 1943.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 12:48:58 pm by vansmack »
27>34

Hexenjagd

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2014, 12:57:49 pm »
I was hopeful that this was for the whole city of St Louis but it is just for a ballpark? Maybe we should have this in Baltimore. I like the idea of extending your hands and measuring to see if you shirt isn't over the length of your fingers. If it is the cops could hit you with their nightstick.  Otherwise you are free to go about your business.
Why does what people in Baltimore wear matter to you?  Why do you want people with long shirts to get beat by the cops?   I know you are trolling but this is ridiculous.

atomic

« Reply #79 on: March 27, 2014, 02:02:16 pm »
Why does what people in Baltimore wear matter to you?  Why do you want people with long shirts to get beat by the cops?   I know you are trolling but this is ridiculous.

It is trolling to make a joke?  And it is pretty rich coming from you. You and Azaghal have become the biggest trolls on the site.  All those stupid Ween posts?  Really you weren't trolling then?  I used to like you but you have become bitter.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2014, 02:13:08 pm »
I'm far from bitter.

Saying a city should enact a dress code that would apply to one set of people over all others (and saying those people should be beat by cops), to me, is trolling.

Dropping Ween mentions in random threads, to me, equals joking around. 

atomic

« Reply #81 on: March 27, 2014, 02:16:52 pm »
I'm far from bitter.

Saying a city should enact a dress code that would apply to one set of people over all others (and saying those people should be beat by cops), to me, is trolling.

Dropping Ween mentions in random threads, to me, equals joking around. 

Well you don't know trolling.  YOu trolled the worst I have ever seen.  Any ohter forum you would have been banned.

I am replying to a post with a joke.  You really thought I seriously thought people should be hit by the cops for wearing the wrong size clothing?  You were trolling me by posting Ween everywhere. You did it to attempt to annoy me and destroyed the whole forum by doing it. 

Oh and I don't get the one people over another.  I think that all people would be beat equally. 

Hexenjagd

« Reply #82 on: March 27, 2014, 02:19:44 pm »
LOL

When did i troll anything?  Banned?  Ive been on forums since 2003, always posted the same, and have never been banned or threatened with being banned. 

Anyways, what is an example of me trolling? 

As for Ween, I liked them in high school. 

James Ford

« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2014, 02:23:49 pm »
Nolan Reimold has gone on the DL more times than Tom Cruise.

Discuss.

atomic

« Reply #84 on: March 27, 2014, 02:24:58 pm »

Discuss.

You should have said more than Brian Roberts.  I have no idea why the Orioles signed him.

James Ford

« Reply #85 on: March 27, 2014, 02:28:02 pm »
But if I said Brian Roberts instead of Tom Cruise it would be a simple statement of fact rather than a slightly funny joke.

Discuss.

You should have said more than Brian Roberts.  I have no idea why the Orioles signed him.

vansmack

« Reply #86 on: March 27, 2014, 06:39:14 pm »
Tigers sign the second best player in baseball to a 7 year,  approximately $30 million annual extension.
27>34

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #87 on: March 27, 2014, 07:01:06 pm »
Tigers sign the second best player in baseball to a 7 year,  approximately $30 million annual extension.
We are getting burnt bad on the back end of that probably butnim still utterly thrilled. I still argue he's the best hitter of our lifetime (so far).
LVMH

« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2014, 07:08:54 pm »
Actually it's apparently 8 years extension after the two he was currently signed for. Close to 300mil over h next decade. Wow.
LVMH

« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2014, 07:12:27 pm »
Smackie, when Trout hits actual free agency are we looking at 40 or 45 mil per season? It can't be less than 40, reasonably, can it?
LVMH