Author Topic: The MLB Thread  (Read 615240 times)

hutch

Re: The MLB Thread
« Reply #720 on: October 16, 2014, 11:58:06 am »
I definitely want the Giants to beat the Cardinals..... without Molina in I just don't enjoy the Cardinals

I think this is as far as KC gets.... they were already cooling towards the end of the Orioles series...Orioles just didn't take advantage

Also, World Series pressure/experience is on another level.....

vansmack

« Reply #721 on: October 16, 2014, 12:15:04 pm »
watching the Cardinals without Yadi is painful....

Watching AJ Pierzynski is painful.

Giants would be slightly more tolerable than the Cardinals, but I want KC at this point.

Not if you live where I live.  I'm am down for the Giants in the World Series and having three home games, BUT KC has to win.

I think this is as far as KC gets.... they were already cooling towards the end of the Orioles series...Orioles just didn't take advantage

Also, World Series pressure/experience is on another level.....

Anaheim was 4 for 38 with runners on.  Baltimore didn't do much better.  It's entirely possible that KC's pitching is better than anyone thought.

This team is feeling no pressure because it is having one helluva time.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 12:19:04 pm by vansmack »
27>34

stevewizzle

« Reply #722 on: October 16, 2014, 02:15:44 pm »

Giants would be slightly more tolerable than the Cardinals, but I want KC at this point.

Not if you live where I live.  I'm am down for the Giants in the World Series and having three home games, BUT KC has to win.

but all the giants bros would be so pumped!

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #724 on: October 16, 2014, 09:03:50 pm »
so we're connecting people to steroids on the basis of absolutely no proof whatsoever now?

hutch

« Reply #725 on: October 16, 2014, 09:19:02 pm »
Some of those on the list I can't agree with...but Pujols?

I have NO DOUBT.....like ZERO.... 

Another great case is that of Nomar.... the way his body broke down and his production declined....

I think steroids were far more common than we think....and I think hanky panky (steroids. HGH, drugs to allow more focus, etc) are far more common than we think now..

Brady Anderson is another guy that comes to mind.... Brady was no Reggie Jackson sorry to say....

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #726 on: October 16, 2014, 09:24:48 pm »
pujols wouldnt really shock me, but the whole "scandal" means nothing to me so i couldnt care less honestly. players have been taking things they shouldnt to get an edge for pretty much the entire history of the game, why the uproar now.

i just think its ridiculous that "he suddenly became good" or "he was good for a long time" are considered valid reasons to throw someone under the bus. baseball is full of oddities, and there are plenty of late bloomers and inexplicably long careers.

maybe im just young enough to not yet be jaded enough to immediately assume the worst

hutch

« Reply #727 on: October 16, 2014, 09:28:14 pm »
^young enough to be naive

hutch

« Reply #728 on: October 16, 2014, 09:33:19 pm »
What cracks me up with baseball is the unparalleled hatred for Barry Bonds even before he was proven to have done anything wrong... and yet you have Braun being cheered on and etc etc...

Barry Bonds, for those too young to remember, was Mr. Evil Ballplayer for years -nobody awoke so much hatred (still does)- while everyone around him was doing the same thing....say what you will about Arod but at least he had the decency not to be a hypocrite, on Bonds, and stood with the guy when he "broke" Aaron's record.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #729 on: October 16, 2014, 09:34:22 pm »
no, naive is pretending steroids dont exist (even in the current game) or havent existed in some form for years. i dont think any of that.

idealistic would be fair, but again, i just dont care. baseball is entertainment. i dont care how juiced bonds was, seeing him hit some of his biggest bombs remains a thrill.

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #730 on: October 16, 2014, 09:35:29 pm »
What cracks me up with baseball is the unparalleled hatred for Barry Bonds even before he was proven to have done anything wrong... and yet you have Braun being cheered on and etc etc...

Barry Bonds, for those too young to remember, was Mr. Evil Ballplayer for years -nobody awoke so much hatred (still does)- while everyone around him was doing the same thing....say what you will about Arod but at least he had the decency not to be a hypocrite, on Bonds, and stood with the guy when he "broke" Aaron's record.
funny you mention bonds as i was writing my own reference to him.

i do find his media/fan perception fascinating. i think he was always hated for being a bit of a jerk (but if you had as much talent as he did from the very start, youd be a jerk too) so when the steroid boom came to light it was just easy to pile more hate on him.

hutch

« Reply #731 on: October 16, 2014, 09:36:18 pm »
no, naive is pretending steroids dont exist (even in the current game) or havent existed in some form for years. i dont think any of that.

idealistic would be fair, but again, i just dont care. baseball is entertainment. i dont care how juiced bonds was, seeing him hit some of his biggest bombs remains a thrill.

well, I think everyone in baseball should be allowed to do whatever they want and it should be a law enforcement problem

how do you like them apples?

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #732 on: October 16, 2014, 09:36:37 pm »
i agree

hutch

« Reply #733 on: October 16, 2014, 09:40:31 pm »
i agree

yes...I thought you might....

anyways, Giants and Cardinals in another good one....

gaaaaaaaaah

« Reply #734 on: October 16, 2014, 09:41:15 pm »
although i wouldnt exactly say braun has been cheered on. brewers fans still love him but why wouldnt they? outside of milwaukee he gets it as hard as anyone not a-rod.

which is another weird phenomena. fans are all about hating the villainous steroid cheats unless its their guy, then its no big deal. bonds actually appeared in san fran before yesterdays game and got a standing ovation from what i read.

or unless you're a-rod, who nobody cheers for anymore