Author Topic: chili . . . the secret's in the meat.  (Read 1791 times)

walkonby

chili . . . the secret's in the meat.
« on: April 20, 2005, 12:57:00 pm »
just a curious question to those who know.  is the chili cookoff they have every year in dc, some worthwhile event to take yourself to?  every year i see it, and every year i don't go.  now, i'm not referring to just the music they play, but the entire thing as an . . . entire thing:  food, atmosphere, people, crowding, getting in and out, ect...

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: chili . . . the secret's in the meat.
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2024, 09:21:49 pm »
just a curious question to those who know.  is the chili cookoff they have every year in dc, some worthwhile event to take yourself to?  every year i see it, and every year i don't go.  now, i'm not referring to just the music they play, but the entire thing as an . . . entire thing:  food, atmosphere, people, crowding, getting in and out, ect...

I wonder if he ever went. 

I never did. Has anyone gone? Was it worthwhile?

notme

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2024, 11:26:33 pm »
if you like gogo music, saturday is the day. i once saw leon russell play there. saw chuck brown play there, many many times. they have lots of free shit. not sure if you can actually eat any of the chili that's in the cook off. you can hear and see the music outside the fence for free.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 12:31:09 pm »
Saw one about 25 years ago(2007 maybe) with young son 15 and his friends. Saw Jet and Silversun Pickups. Headliner was Buckcherry and their set included many women lifting their shirts.  My son and his friends still talk about that show. It was pretty fun and the chili samples were pretty good.  It was in a hot parking lot at the time so that part sucked.

notme

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 08:47:10 pm »
^^^^ that wasnt the chili fest. i remember that. it was on ny ave by the old conv ctr. the bbq battle is on penn ave. used to be from 9th st to 14th st. now it is on penn ave from 7th to 2nd. all in nw. always the last weekend of june. usually hotter than hell.

Cock Van Der Palm

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2024, 09:16:06 am »
It is listed on the Wiki DC101 Chili Cook-Off page in the history. Not sure if this event is what original poster was discussing or not. If not, my bad.