Author Topic: Say Hello To having to pay to park near the 9:30 club  (Read 15156 times)

azaghal1981

« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:11:08 pm by azaghal1981 »
احمد

i am gay and i like cats

Re: Say Hello To having to pay to park near the 9:30 club
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2014, 08:32:00 pm »
l . . . o . . . l

RatBastard

• Obscenitees
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2014, 10:13:09 pm »
Somehow I knew it was just a matter of time!
FUKIT

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2014, 04:13:54 pm »
Movie Theatre?  It has been rendered.

James Ford

« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2014, 04:17:05 pm »
Why does a movie theater opening mean we'll have to pay to park near the 9:30 club?

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2014, 04:40:28 pm »
Well, the movie theatre will be right next door...in the Atlantic Plumbing building.  So the thinking is that there will be substantial competition for the free spots and/or they'll convert free parking to paid.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 04:41:48 pm »
Were you not paying attention?

atomic

« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 05:07:21 pm »
Well, the movie theatre will be right next door...in the Atlantic Plumbing building.  So the thinking is that there will be substantial competition for the free spots and/or they'll convert free parking to paid.

Maybe they are planning on building parking.  I doubt they will be successful as a movie theater without additional parking in the area. 

« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 07:04:14 pm »

Maybe they are planning on building parking.  I doubt they will be successful as a movie theater without additional parking in the area. 
and you don't think they won't charge for that parking...making the movie goers look for free parking
slack

atomic

« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2014, 04:24:51 pm »
Wow that neighborhood is going to be a heck of a lot nicer. 

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2014, 07:14:44 pm »
by the time that is done . . . the club will have probably moved, just in time for the last star wars film and rocky five, thousand.  so stop complaining.

slappy

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2014, 12:41:10 pm »
by the time that is done . . . the club will have probably moved, just in time for the last star wars film and rocky five, thousand.  so stop complaining.
Uh ... The theater is scheduled to open next year. They've already broke ground and are setting up the cranes. Sure, construction can get behind, but it won't be ages.

LOVE the comments on the Popville page.

"I assume the first picture shows the side of the building that borders Georgia/7th? Just what is that ugly-ass building with the big antennae? I?ve walked past it so many times and can?t figure out what it is, other than a street-deadening eyesore." 

"Gee, I guess the 930 Club?s thugs won?t come out and assault people for walking that alley during a show anymore, like they did to me?"

"It would be cool if 930 did some big ass murals or something to liven their building?it is a bit of a dump."

Kids these days ...

Yada

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2014, 01:12:36 pm »
Uh ... The theater is scheduled to open next year. They've already broke ground and are setting up the cranes. Sure, construction can get behind, but it won't be ages.

"I assume the first picture shows the side of the building that borders Georgia/7th? Just what is that ugly-ass building with the big antennae? I?ve walked past it so many times and can?t figure out what it is, other than a street-deadening eyesore." 

"Gee, I guess the 930 Club?s thugs won?t come out and assault people for walking that alley during a show anymore, like they did to me?"

"It would be cool if 930 did some big ass murals or something to liven their building?it is a bit of a dump."

Kids these days ...

All things lead back to DC being yuppiefied to the max. Everything is fake, just how atomic and walky like it.

atomic

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2014, 01:20:14 pm »

Kids these days ...

All things lead back to DC being yuppiefied to the max. Everything is fake, just how atomic and walky like it.

Yeah the good old days when bums lived in that alley and all the windows in those buidlings had gun shots in them.  I think this is good for IMP either way.  More people feel safe in the area so they can get more people to attend shows or they can sell the place for a nice profit and find another neighborhood down on its luck.