Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 644504 times)

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1245 on: July 19, 2017, 11:11:35 am »
Most of these fish eyed fools, can't afford a trip to Carrabba's, let alone Italy.

#jeal,ousy

I picture Space as more of an Olive Garden kinda guy... #allyoucaneatbreadsticks #neverendingpastabowl
There was a thread on reddit the other day that was titled something like "People who have went to the Olive Garden in Times Square, tell us your story" and I laughed so hard tears started to well up in my eyes.
LVMH

Kemosabe

« Reply #1246 on: July 19, 2017, 11:20:55 am »
Most of these fish eyed fools, can't afford a trip to Carrabba's, let alone Italy.

#jeal,ousy
LMAO

Why would I be jealous about a fifty year old beer drinking dad's family vacation to Italy? 

There is nothing about James Ford, his life, his vacations, or any other thing, that would make me jealous. 

herman otto

« Reply #1247 on: July 19, 2017, 11:21:17 am »
I, love when threads go in weird directions.

Space Freely

« Reply #1248 on: July 19, 2017, 11:55:29 am »

#jeal,ousy

I picture Space as more of an Olive Garden kinda guy... #allyoucaneatbreadsticks #neverendingpastabowl

Lol. Sure, I guess if you call places like this "Olive Garden".

http://www.laberlera.it/

Kemosabe

« Reply #1250 on: July 20, 2017, 10:33:18 am »
I do not know what I am more excited for; the Defenders or the Punisher.  Season 2 of Daredevil was my favorite season of Marvel Netflix shows, mainly because of the Punisher. 

my rankings:
Daredevil Season 2
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones / Luke Cage (tied)
Daredevil Season 1

« Reply #1251 on: July 20, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »
loved the punisher in DD season 2...best one imo
that movie sucked ( and I kinda like Tom Jane)
slack

Yada

« Reply #1252 on: July 24, 2017, 03:32:11 pm »
Watched Big Little Lies over the course of a week... what a great little series!

Unfortunate it was so short!

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1253 on: July 25, 2017, 02:10:03 pm »
Is GLOW worth a shot?
I actually like pro wrestling and it takes some time to get behind. It has funny moments. I'm not going to run out and recommend it to anyone else. Thought it was way more "girl power" than "Girl Boss" though.

We tried it last night. The first episode was good enough for me to try a second episode, but I'm not putting it on my list of must see tv yet.

We're also slogging our way through the second season of Master of None. Gave up halfway through the first season, but decided to give it another try. The first couple of episodes (in Italy) were cute and promising (the fact that we were about to vacation in Italy in that region probably helped), but it's been downhill again since. Christ that Chef Geoff is an annoying turd, even more annoying than Dev. And the episode where they had a kid playing Dev as a kid? He must be the second male tv character ever (Michael Jackson being the first) whose voice got higher after hitting puberty. I really don't understand what the hoopla is over that show. If Ansari was white, he'd probably be working at Burger King.
I loved season 1 of MON, but I thought the second season got a little lost. I thought Dev was one of the more relateable humans in a show recently, at least to me. Likeable, not spectacular, funny, but also not funny. Seemed like a normal dude. That's why I hated how season 2 ended. I thought season 1 did a better job of showing the pains of dating and relationships today. Just me though. I can totally see why people don't like Aziz. I've been a fan of his since Human Giant.
‼‼?‼‼

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1254 on: July 25, 2017, 02:11:50 pm »
I do not know what I am more excited for; the Defenders or the Punisher.  Season 2 of Daredevil was my favorite season of Marvel Netflix shows, mainly because of the Punisher. 

my rankings:
Daredevil Season 2
Iron Fist
Jessica Jones / Luke Cage (tied)
Daredevil Season 1
You liked Iron Fist more than JJ or LC OR DD SEASON 1!? That's insane! I didn't even finish Iron Fist. I was so bored by it and I *hated* the action and CGI in it. Don't know how they got martial arts so much better on DD than on IF which is based on knowing martial damn arts.
‼‼?‼‼

Kemosabe

« Reply #1255 on: July 25, 2017, 02:14:43 pm »
It is not insane, it's what I enjoyed.  I thought Iron Fist was awesome.  How far did you make it in the series?

And i really enjoyed JJ and LC.  I just happened to enjoy Iron Fist more. 

It is all DUMB comic book bs. 

Oh, and I LOVE the DC CW shows more than Netflix Marvel ones.  Does that make me insane?  Supergirl, the Flash, and Arrow rule so much...
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:16:31 pm by Kemosabe »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1256 on: July 25, 2017, 02:19:05 pm »
I made it about 8 episodes into IF and just started watching something else. It didn't capture me like DD, JJ or LC did. I'm stoked for the Defenders though so eventually I will finish it. I just found it hard to root for him as a person and the villains weren't intriguing especially since DD had already battled them for 2 seasons.

I haven't watched any DC TV shows, but I do like Green Arrow and have heard it's awesome.
‼‼?‼‼

Kemosabe

« Reply #1257 on: July 25, 2017, 02:20:32 pm »
II just found it hard to root for him as a person and the villains weren't intriguing especially since DD had already battled them for 2 seasons.

I haven't watched any DC TV shows, but I do like Green Arrow and have heard it's awesome.
Arrow is so great...

There are some important things regarding the Hand that happen after Iron Fist episode 8 that you definitely should check out before the Defenders (at least read episode breakdowns if you don't want to watch the show).

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1258 on: July 25, 2017, 03:06:31 pm »
I'll finish it at some point. Just wasn't as engaging as the other shows. I want a 2nd season of JJ. Am very excited to see how The Punisher goes as well.
‼‼?‼‼

herman otto

« Reply #1259 on: July 25, 2017, 03:06:36 pm »
iron fist started strong, the started to suck.  there was this one episode, where iron fist was fighting the drunk guy at the heroin factory . . . that was the stinker of the series.