Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 647740 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1425 on: April 14, 2020, 01:34:55 pm »
Succession is great, but probably hard to watch right now.

Did anyone else finish Schitt's Creek? I ugly cried.

The farewell special really got to me.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1426 on: April 14, 2020, 01:53:53 pm »
Did anyone else finish Schitt's Creek? I ugly cried.

is it just me, or did that show come out of nowhere and completely take over for 15 minutes?  i swear i hadn't heard of this show a month ago, but the finale made millions of fans crawl out from under their rocks... everyone was talking about that last show it seems.
It really was one of those shows where everyone seemed to discover it between season 3 and 4 on Netflix. If you look back at this thread, Kosmo and I discuss it in its first season on Pop but yeah, it seemed to attain a critical mass (especially around younger folks -- I don't know hoe many people in their twenties you have on social media but they all love it) around a year ago as it was starting to wind down.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1427 on: April 14, 2020, 02:42:49 pm »
I would say Schitt’s Creek definitely got better as it went along.  I got hooked because I enjoyed Chris Elliott’s character. Didn’t realize at first about the Levy family connection between Eugene and Dan.  And totally missed until the special that the waitress was also a Levy Sarah.  It was funny watching it get more and more coverage in the press as the seasons progressed.
T.Rex

Space Freely

« Reply #1428 on: April 14, 2020, 02:50:49 pm »
Much like Hoobastank and I Shit on Your Face, I could never really get by the name.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1429 on: April 14, 2020, 03:07:14 pm »
Much like Hoobastank and I Shit on Your Face, I could never really get by the name.

Meh. Your loss.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1430 on: April 14, 2020, 03:36:22 pm »

Meh. Your loss.

i know, right?  those are two excellent bands!
<sig>

« Reply #1431 on: April 14, 2020, 03:45:24 pm »

Meh. Your loss.
Anal Barbeque is a masterpiece
Really couldn't get into Defecation Domination, but Feculent Fistula to Feast on and Fuck Forever... is a classic that should be on any scatological playlist
slack

Space Freely

« Reply #1432 on: May 01, 2020, 01:13:29 pm »
Succession, starting with the back half of season 1, is maybe the best thing currently on TV. Holy shit, that show.

We just finished the first two seasons of Succession. What a wild ride.

The Culkin kid's character is like a cross between my gay, bald, metrosexual dentist and the person I imagine you to be (having not met you in person yet.)

« Reply #1433 on: May 01, 2020, 01:49:55 pm »
The Culkin kid's character is like a cross between my gay, bald, metrosexual dentist and the person I imagine you to be (having not met you in person yet.)
I don’t even know what to do with that statement.

That is the most unlikeable character imaginable (on a show with many of them) and Culkin plays it SO WELL.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1434 on: May 01, 2020, 05:18:47 pm »

That is the most unlikeable character imaginable (on a show with many of them) and Culkin plays it SO WELL.

I meant it as compliment in a weird way. Culkin does kill it in the role, just as you kill it in the role of Julian.

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #1435 on: May 01, 2020, 05:31:48 pm »
Can confirm

« Reply #1436 on: May 01, 2020, 05:46:35 pm »
you kill it in the role of Julian.
So if they were to make the 9:30 Forum movie (I know....work with me)

Who do you think would play the role of Julian, I do think Culkin might be a good choice

slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #1437 on: May 01, 2020, 07:00:41 pm »
I watch that older show, Big Freedia, Queen of Bounce on Amazon.  It's good. 

« Reply #1438 on: May 01, 2020, 07:28:49 pm »
you kill it in the role of Julian.
So if they were to make the 9:30 Forum movie (I know....work with me)

Who do you think would play the role of Julian, I do think Culkin might be a good choice
I could see Kieran Culkin playing me more than Macaulay.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1439 on: May 01, 2020, 07:40:29 pm »

My wife argues that  Logan is by far the most unlikeable character on the show. She thinks Roman (Culkin) is funny, and cute "for a short guy." And I think she's actually crushing on Ken (she liked that actor when he was on Masters of Sex as well.)

I like Greg for his goofiness and talking style, and Shiv for her bum.