Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 644542 times)

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1515 on: April 19, 2021, 08:53:09 am »
The Simpsons apparently have a Smiths themed show tonight.
Morrissey has some 'thoughts'
I've always preferred Silly Vegans TBH
He sounds exactly like Trump

Morrissey Official
8 hours ago
Surprising what a “turn for the worst" the writing for The Simpson’s tv show has taken in recent years.

Sadly, The Simpson’s show started out creating great insight into the modern cultural experience, but has since degenerated to trying to capitalize on cheap controversy and expounding on vicious rumors.

Poking fun at subjects is one thing. Other shows like SNL still do a great job at finding ways to inspire great satire.

But when a show stoops so low to use harshly hateful tactics like showing the Morrissey character with his belly hanging out of his shirt (when he has never looked like that at any point in his career) makes you wonder who the real hurtful, racist group is here.

Even worse - calling the Morrissey character out for being a racist, without pointing out any specific instances, offers nothing. It only serves to insult the artist.

They should take that mirror and hold it up to themselves.

Simpson’s actor Hank Azaria's recent apology to the whole country of India for his role in upholding "structural racism” says it all.

Unlike the character in the Simpson’s “Panic” episode…….

Morrissey has never made a “cash grab”, hasn’t sued any people for their attacks, has never stopped performing great shows, and is still a serious vegan and strong supporter for animal rights.

By suggesting all of the above in this episode…the Simpson’s hypocritical approach to their storyline says it all.

Truly they are the only ones who have stopped creating, and have instead turned unapologetically hurtful and racist.

Not surprising…... that The Simpsons viewership ratings have gone down so badly over recent years.
slack

hutch

« Reply #1516 on: April 19, 2021, 09:36:27 am »
I love Moz!!

But he did have his belly protruding at the Anthem show... which was shocking

The crazy thing is Morrissey has been saying the same sorts of things since the 1980s but people choose to be outraged now..

Listen to Bengali in platforms or National Front Disco if you don’t believe me...actually those songs are arguably worse in message or let’s say more out of step with modern group think than anything he has been singing lately.. I guess lately his controversies are more about what he says in interviews... back in the day he actually sang songs with those views...but they were couched in such catchiness nobody seemed to care..about the only people that cared much where Cornershop

It’s funny how much Moz gets into ratings...Just like he gets into chart positions and album sales when he releases new albums...I remember at the Anthem show he proudly talked about his current album’s chart position

Moz was always a bit of a throwback to the older days and this has become more pronounced as time has gone by

hutch

« Reply #1517 on: April 19, 2021, 09:37:55 am »
And isn’t he right about the Simpsons? Does anybody still watch?

« Reply #1518 on: April 19, 2021, 10:04:41 am »
hmm longest-running primetime scripted series on TV...
must be doing something right to have the advertisers coming back

I haven't really watched in over 2 decades...but I'm not their target audience
slack

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1519 on: April 19, 2021, 10:09:15 am »
One could argue cartoons, financially, are naturally made to exist on TV longer than traditional sitcoms. Simpsons are not exactly killing in the ratings.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1520 on: April 19, 2021, 10:13:26 am »

I haven't really watched in over 2 decades...but I'm not their target audience

Is their target audience Smiths fans?

hutch

« Reply #1521 on: April 19, 2021, 10:17:58 am »
Well I have watched the simpsons here and there the past 20 years and it sucks now.. I thought this was pretty much accepted

Space Freely

« Reply #1522 on: April 19, 2021, 10:25:00 am »
My 13 year old watches Bojack Horseman and Bob's Burgers' episodes over and over and over but seems to care very little about the Simpsons.

I myself have never really been into adult oriented cartoon shows.

« Reply #1523 on: April 19, 2021, 10:26:52 am »
My 13 year old watches Bojack Horseman and Bob's Burgers' episodes over and over and over but seems to care very little about the Simpsons.

Bobs Burgers and Bojack Horseman are VERY different programs. Not a cartoon person but Bojack is like the one program I’ll defend in the genre.
LVMH

Space Freely

« Reply #1524 on: April 19, 2021, 10:30:39 am »

Bobs Burgers and Bojack Horseman are VERY different programs. Not a cartoon person but Bojack is like the one program I’ll defend in the genre.

Bob's was her initial favorite, it has sort of taken a backseat once she discovered Bojack. She literally plays Bojack all day when she's not in class or the adults don't have the tv at night.

« Reply #1525 on: April 19, 2021, 10:50:52 am »
One could argue cartoons, financially, are naturally made to exist on TV longer than traditional sitcoms. Simpsons are not exactly killing in the ratings.
Are advertisers paying them...then they are doing OK.  This has nothing to do with the quality of the content
slack

« Reply #1526 on: April 19, 2021, 11:03:44 am »
Are advertisers paying them...then they are doing OK.  This has nothing to do with the quality of the content
I think what I was trying to say is the margins are better on shows without live actors so a cartoon can exist on less money and thereby lower ratings.
LVMH

hutch

« Reply #1527 on: April 19, 2021, 11:08:23 am »
The Simpsons running on Fox may be a loss leader..we have no idea how profitable the show is or how much advertisers pay.. I think we know the ratings suck as does the content

But it’s THE show that put FOX on the map... that’s probably why it’s still around

Moz is a bit of or a lot of a has been but so is the Simpsons and I think he is on the mark in making that assertion

« Reply #1528 on: April 19, 2021, 11:12:45 am »
so we're in agreement, Simpsons viewership has gone down and the Moz is a whiney racist MAGA loving fucktwad
slack

hutch

« Reply #1529 on: April 19, 2021, 11:24:50 am »
I am not sure but it seems like Moz might be a racist MAGA guy

He is definitely whiney

Moz is a huge influence in my life.. I prefer to give him some room and say he is an eccentric oddball

I will never stop listening to his music

His run between 1983-1995 is one of the best.. his run with the Smiths is the last great run in music....five years of perfection