Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 600542 times)

Starsky

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1590 on: July 22, 2021, 02:54:49 pm »
I thought Queens Gambit got mediocre fast but Anya got better looking as did her wardrobe!!

And Schitts Creek fell apart the last season.. kind of jumped the shark..SPOILER

.. the ending where vet dude picks career over Alexis made no sense and the way the dad parlays a crummy motel into a major deal also seemed really unrealistic not to mention the woman at the diner turns out to be a multi millionaire..come on now

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1591 on: July 22, 2021, 03:02:41 pm »
Oh still haven't watch season 4 of In Treatment (didn't even realize there was a season 3, so wrapping that up)
I've long said In Treatment is one of the most underrated programs of all time but season 4 was pretty ass-y.
LVMH

« Reply #1592 on: July 22, 2021, 03:18:29 pm »
And Schitts Creek fell apart the last season.. kind of jumped the shark..
agreed...some funny stuff, but I think you could skip the last season and be fine

I did forget to add Brooklyn 99 to the list...possibly 2nd best comedy after SC
slack

« Reply #1593 on: July 22, 2021, 05:34:23 pm »
wasn't really sure where to put this

... Tom Waits is doing voice over narration of a tv show
The Ultra City Smiths story unfolds via the stop-motion animation ofbaby dolls[/i]

https://youtu.be/2qthWw6NPMA
kinda has a team America vibe, but this actually looks good
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #1594 on: July 31, 2021, 08:07:56 pm »
Just signed up for Disney plus, after being sick of hearing about it.  First episode of the mandalorian and wanda vision tonight.  Paying the fee to see Jungle Cruise at home tomorrow.

Ex,citing

« Reply #1595 on: August 01, 2021, 06:59:07 am »
I found Loki very entertaining
slack

K8teebug

« Reply #1596 on: August 02, 2021, 01:19:45 pm »
I just got finished watching all the Marvel movies. Still need to start the shows. LOVED Mandalorian and I am not a big Star Wars person.

Space Freely

« Reply #1597 on: August 06, 2021, 11:06:11 am »
I'm not sure if i should be concerned or proud of my 14 yo daughter for going on sketchy websites and binging episodes of Succession the last couple of days. She should have binged it with us when Prime was showing it for free.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #1598 on: August 06, 2021, 11:35:15 am »
I'm not sure if i should be concerned or proud of my 14 yo daughter for going on sketchy websites and binging episodes of Succession the last couple of days. She should have binged it with us when Prime was showing it for free.
Looks like the Freely family Boar on the Floor contest is about to kick off. . .
LVMH

« Reply #1599 on: August 06, 2021, 01:05:06 pm »
Or you could pay $9.99 for a one month subscription to HBO max...I think there is even a free trial, but not sure if you can see Succession with that
ya crack-smoking, demon-possessed leftist
slack

WALKonBack

« Reply #1600 on: August 06, 2021, 01:40:15 pm »
I just got finished watching all the Marvel movies. Still need to start the shows. LOVED Mandalorian and I am not a big Star Wars person.

We are just now starting Mandalorian and Wanda Vision . . . after a couple of episodes in, they appear to start slow. Hopefully get incredible.

« Reply #1601 on: August 06, 2021, 04:37:01 pm »
I've heard Wanda Vision gets a lot better....was way to slow and hokey for me and gave up

Mandalorian...didn't seem to start slow to me, but can't remeber now
slack

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #1602 on: August 13, 2021, 03:16:12 pm »
two episodes in for Reservation Dogs (FX\Hulu) and it's a keeper.. interesting story of misfits from a rez, which is getting kudos from native americans

of course anything Taika Waititi is involved is top notch... 

have also been enjoying Wellington Paranormal (CW\HBO) as well by him and Jermaine Clement, a companion series to "what we do in the shadows", mockumentary following two New Zealand cops who encounter various types of paranormals.. most recent episode had a particularly fun bit involving zombies.
T.Rex

Bagley

« Reply #1603 on: August 13, 2021, 03:26:40 pm »
Anyone on board the love boat to the land of the White Lotus?   

Looking forward to the season finale Sunday...

Bagley

« Reply #1604 on: August 13, 2021, 03:53:26 pm »
two episodes in for Reservation Dogs (FX\Hulu) and it's a keeper.. interesting story of misfits from a rez, which is getting kudos from native americans

of course anything Taika Waititi is involved is top notch... 

Sounds great...I hear one of the actors is from the Fargo series