Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 648328 times)

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #1890 on: September 08, 2023, 06:53:00 pm »
Doppelganger edition:

Hutch does an amazing job playing Logain in The Wheel of Time Season 2.

Hutch

« Reply #1891 on: September 08, 2023, 08:01:03 pm »
I really wish to be cast as a Kramer-like character on some show. Sometimes I find myself ranting at home and thinking to myself “God I sound and feel like Kramer!”

I also have an idea for a teleplay for a streaming series but haven’t gotten anywhere with it….unfortunately I can’t tell you about my idea because it’s brilliant and I am worried someone will use it

« Reply #1892 on: September 14, 2023, 09:28:04 am »
Bill maher is coming back...but
not doing a monologue, desk piece, New Rules or editorial, the written pieces that I am so proud of on Real Time

the irony is he is 'supporting the strike' by showing he can do the show without the writers
slack

IMAmoose24

• 4 Stars out of 5
« Reply #1893 on: September 14, 2023, 09:45:50 am »
not doing a monologue, desk piece, New Rules or editorial, the written pieces that I am so proud of on Real Time

the irony is he is 'supporting the strike' by showing he can do the show without the writers

He stated the show won't be as good as with his writers. Like Maher, i'm sympathetic to many of the WGA/SAG goals but also think it's admirable to provide work to those not part of those unions who are losing paychecks due to productions being shuttered.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 09:57:23 am by Schulzeel »

« Reply #1894 on: September 14, 2023, 09:56:33 am »

He stated the show won't be as good as with his writers. Like Maher, i'm sympathetic to many of the WGA/SAG goals but also think it's admirable to provide work to those not apart of those unions who are losing paychecks due to productions being shuttered.
Honestly, I'm conflicted as a Union supporter
I kind of think what he is doing is anti-strike and hurting their cause
He says he 'supports the strike' but has said some stupid shit about it and how it impacts him

He has his live dates and his Club random if people want to hear/see him  (of course, not as much as his HBO crowd)

in the end, I'm still a fan and going to listen to him, but of all the stupid things he's said/done, this is near the top
slack

Bagley

« Reply #1895 on: September 15, 2023, 01:56:29 pm »
Fargo - Season 5 in November

Jon Hamm stars

« Reply #1896 on: September 19, 2023, 11:36:26 pm »

Missed this news Monday

Bill Maher on Monday also said that production for his late-night show, "Real Time with Bill Maher," would also remain on pause.
slack

« Reply #1897 on: September 24, 2023, 10:32:23 pm »
BREAKING: The Writers Guild of America (WGA) and the Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) have reached a deal that will bring the 2023 writers strike to an end.
slack

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #1898 on: October 30, 2023, 10:10:45 pm »
Monster Inside (hulu) is cray

« Reply #1899 on: November 25, 2023, 12:03:09 am »
The Little Richard and Albert Brooks shows on HBO were both fantastic and both a must watch

All that great live footage of little Richard throughout his career was amazing. 
slack

Hutch

« Reply #1900 on: November 25, 2023, 11:15:10 am »
Am so thankful I saw Little Richard once. It was a free show (remember those?) at Ronald Reagan building plaza. He was very good!

« Reply #1901 on: December 05, 2023, 11:04:51 am »
Simpsons is apparently no longer on at 8 pm Sundays so I missed it. How can I watch a "replay" in sports parlance?
it will be on hulu today
in case you don't want to watch the whole episode....
here is the song they did during the credits https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmhrky7ZJTA&t=63s

slack

« Reply #1902 on: December 06, 2023, 04:31:42 pm »
this is big news!

A24's entire movie library is coming to Max.
https://consequence.net/2023/12/max-streaming-rights-a24/
slack

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #1904 on: December 14, 2023, 02:53:46 pm »
"Curb Your Enthusiasm" is ending with Season 12, which premieres Feb. 4 on HBO and Max. The 10-episode season will conclude with a series finale on April 7.
<sig>