Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612486 times)

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #990 on: August 01, 2016, 02:38:07 pm »
Yeah we got sucked into last night as well... For us we were thinking X-Files, Freaks and Geeks with a bit of twin peaks.

I'm catching up house of cards and I'm really sure how I feel about seasons two onwards.  I understand season 2 was supposed to be bloodless so it was all about the manuerving, but it's lacking the spark of season one.  Even s3 hasn't grabbed me yet.  I guess I'm sort of hate watching at this point, because it's still well written
T.Rex

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #991 on: August 01, 2016, 03:57:50 pm »
^^^ Same thing happened to me through seasons 2 & 3 [general consensus I believe] but I thought they picked it up real well in season 4. Seasons 2 & 3 kind of throw away so many characters you kind of semi rooted for. I think it's worth it to get to season 4 though.
‼‼?‼‼

K8teebug

« Reply #992 on: August 02, 2016, 08:16:52 am »
Watched the first two Stranger Things. For me it's E.T., Goonies, and Poltergiest with maybe a little bit of Firestarter mixed in.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
LVMH

« Reply #994 on: August 02, 2016, 11:10:14 am »
Anyone else watching Vice-Principles on HBO? Danny McBride is playing that same character he plays in everything ever but a little more of a sadsack version than usual. Walter Goggins steals the show but seems to be playing second fiddle so far.

Roadies is my new hate-watching show.
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #995 on: August 02, 2016, 07:08:33 pm »
yeah despite all of the no so positive reviews of roadies we gave a chance and are sticking with it... although all the roadies are far to squeaky clean and earnest to be believable.  the whole song of the day and continuing changing warm-up act is also a bit silly... so fluff with mild redeeming values.
T.Rex

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #996 on: August 02, 2016, 07:34:42 pm »
Are you watching the Tunnel?  It's the British/French adaption of The Bridge and while it starts with a similar crime but diverges to a more of psychological crime thriller, we are quite enjoying it..
T.Rex

« Reply #997 on: August 02, 2016, 07:46:57 pm »
Are you watching the Tunnel?  It's the British/French adaption of The Bridge and while it starts with a similar crime but diverges to a more of psychological crime thriller, we are quite enjoying it..
Loved The Bridge. Where can I find this?
LVMH

kosmo vinyl

• Administrator
    • Hi-Fi Pop
« Reply #998 on: August 02, 2016, 08:38:29 pm »
Loved The Bridge. Where can I find this?
It's on PBS, but it's several episodes into the series now, so i'm guessin it will show up on amazon prime at some point
T.Rex

« Reply #999 on: August 02, 2016, 09:04:57 pm »
Anyone else watching Vice-Principles on HBO? Danny McBride is playing that same character
Was kinda of excited and watched 20 mins and had the same opinion you had above and really couldn't watch anymore of it
slack

« Reply #1000 on: August 02, 2016, 10:55:49 pm »
Found The Tunnel (in its entirety, not just the last two eps like on my PBS OD thru cable) thru the PBS Roku app, which is Byzantine, slapshot, and possibly the worst app I've ever seen.

Here's hoping the show is worth it!!
LVMH

« Reply #1001 on: August 03, 2016, 04:14:41 pm »
Notes From a Real Dermatologist: Our in-house MD breaks down the eczema on ?The Night Of?

Money shot: "I think HBO has overdramatized and dumbed down the eczema enough for a dermatologist like myself to make fun of it ? but it?s still the best portrayal of a chronic skin disease that I can remember seeing on television."
LVMH

« Reply #1002 on: August 03, 2016, 10:41:16 pm »
Seinfeld spec script about the aftermath of 9/11

Possibly the best spec script I've ever seen.
LVMH

« Reply #1003 on: August 04, 2016, 01:15:29 pm »
so anyone looking forward to The Get Down

an upcoming musical drama television series created by Baz Luhrmann  coming to netflix in Aug 2016
 series set in '70s New York...so at least Bob72 might want to tune in
slack

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #1004 on: August 08, 2016, 09:58:26 am »
‼‼?‼‼