Author Topic: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion  (Read 612467 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: SPOILER WARNING: Prestige Television Discussion
« Reply #225 on: May 18, 2014, 12:28:30 pm »
about to start game of thrones tonight, after listening to everybody in the known universe jerk off to it. 

american horror story is losing my interest after season two.  it ended so dumb.  i have a feeling season three with the witches will be no better.  id still bang jessica lange. 

i havent watched family guy or south park in years, caught two episodes from where i had left off, and yes . . . they still got it. 
GoT is great, if you love epic stories set in fantasy lands.

AHS season 3 is pretty good.  It has some dumb moments, but it kept me entertained the whole time.  I loved season 2.  It was my favorite so far, but i have a feeling the new Circus/Carnival season will be good (MAN I MISS CARNIVALE...)

I completely agree about Family Guy and South Park (more so South Park though).  South Park is always great.   Since the show started, there hasnt been a single episode that I didnt like.  Period.  Family Guy is good too, but there are a lot of haters out there saying it fell off.  I still think it is entertaining.  Maybe not as good as American Dad, but still funny.

K8teebug

« Reply #226 on: May 19, 2014, 08:15:23 am »
I do not understand the appeal of AHS.  It all seems so forced to me.

K8teebug

« Reply #227 on: May 19, 2014, 08:16:30 am »
My favorite show right now is Orphan Black.

Mad Men can get boring at times, but that whole series is just so beautiful.

James Ford

« Reply #228 on: May 19, 2014, 08:31:28 am »
Watched all of the first season, and agree to an extent.

For those who have watched it all...how do the second and third seasons rate compared to the first.

And perhaps this is a spillover to the beer thread, but did anybody watch the Brew Dogs series and have an opinion? I just bought that and plan on watching it (especially the Denver episode prior to my upcoming Colorado vacation). Or does a show revolving around craft beer not make the prestige cut because it's beer rather than cognac or merlot?

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #229 on: May 19, 2014, 10:15:22 am »
And perhaps this is a spillover to the beer thread, but did anybody watch the Brew Dogs series and have an opinion? I just bought that and plan on watching it (especially the Denver episode prior to my upcoming Colorado vacation). Or does a show revolving around craft beer not make the prestige cut because it's beer rather than cognac or merlot?
It doesn't make the prestige cut because it's reality television, not because of what type of alcohol it involves.
LVMH

atomic

« Reply #230 on: May 19, 2014, 10:17:28 am »
It doesn't make the prestige cut because it's reality television, not because of what type of alcohol it involves.

I think we should put all television in this thread and not pretend one type of TV show is somehow superior to another. 

My wife has been watching a bunch of Home and Garden TV lately.  I like House Hunters but some of it is lame.  Like the Flip show where they go into a demo site with freshly appied make-up and short dresses. 

« Reply #231 on: May 19, 2014, 10:18:35 am »

I think we should put all television in this thread and not pretend one type of TV show is somehow superior to another. 

My wife has been watching a bunch of Home and Garden TV lately.  I like House Hunters but some of it is lame.  Like the Flip show where they go into a demo site with freshly appied make-up and short dresses. 
go start your own fucking thread. I don't take a shit in the comic book thread, you don't take a shit here.
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #232 on: May 19, 2014, 10:23:25 am »
I don't think atomic likes comic books. 

« Reply #233 on: May 19, 2014, 10:26:13 am »
I don't think atomic likes comic books. 

okay, I don't take a shit in the Orioles thread or the soccer thread. We can't just randomly decide that threads aren't about their stated purpose because one asshole doesn't like it, it's chaos. How about I decide just announced should really be about Starbucks and sexual fantasies and University of Michigan athletics? I think Hey Seth shouldnt be about requests for Seth, I think it should be about pruning and topiaries and how to build a greenhouse. How does that sound?
LVMH

Hexenjagd

« Reply #234 on: May 19, 2014, 10:31:47 am »
It sounds like how this board runs.

Hexenjagd

« Reply #235 on: May 19, 2014, 10:39:03 am »
I am also for having one TV thread.

Same as there should be ONE baseball thread; and not a Nats thread, and an Orioles thread, and a MLB thread. 

TV is TV.  Just because you think that what you like to watch is better than what anyone else likes to watch, doesnt mean Atomic is shitting on anything for talking about TV in a TV thread.

Your examples are ridiculous.  Talking about sex in Just Announced is NOTHING like talking about TV shows you dont approve of in this thread.

K8teebug

« Reply #236 on: May 19, 2014, 10:41:20 am »
Watched all of the first season, and agree to an extent.

For those who have watched it all...how do the second and third seasons rate compared to the first.

I tried to watch all seasons.  Got the farthest into the 3rd season.  Then, it all fell apart again.  Ryan Murphy tries too hard.

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #237 on: May 19, 2014, 10:43:15 am »
i gave up on the following.  jesus christ.  how stupid that show got so quick, once they went to rescue the boy.  i am now, power watching my way through mad men; on the third season after two weeks.  that show makes me love the art that is television.  watching nazi hunters; so good.  about to start game of thrones tonight, after listening to everybody in the known universe jerk off to it.  american horror story is losing my interest after season two.  it ended so dumb.  i have a feeling season three with the witches will be no better.  id still bang jessica lange.  clone wars is excellent.  portlandia is becoming oddly great but neutrally the same all at the eqaul amount of time.  i havent watched family guy or south park in years, caught two episodes from where i had left off, and yes . . . they still got it.  plus, i love smallville.  good gay, im gay. 
1. I think that's what's kind of amazing about Portlandia. It's great, but almost in small doses because they have a formula. It's quirky, but kind of annoying... yet still charming and amazing. I think that's like Portland. Hahaha.

2. Yes, South Park is still amazing. I haven't watching Family Guy in years, but I heard they're doing a crossover with The Simpsons, so that could be fun.

Also, I'm not huge on watching too much TV, but recently I was introduced to Bar Rescue and I'm frickin addicted. Plus on Sundays there have frickin marathons leading up to the new episodes at 8. So, hungover, I did that yesterday. In there they slipped an episode of the hosts OTHER show called Hungry Investors. That is also amazing. I was genuinely interested in the fates of some of the bars [one particularly in Silver Spring near The Fillmore that goes by Piratz Tavern] and of course some people say some is staged, others not so much, but the host definitely is putting on a show. At this point are people still upset about reality shows being staged or not? Anyway. I enjoy the show. Outside of sports and Netflix that's about all I watch.
‼‼?‼‼

atomic

« Reply #238 on: May 19, 2014, 10:51:13 am »
okay, I don't take a shit in the Orioles thread or the soccer thread. We can't just randomly decide that threads aren't about their stated purpose because one asshole doesn't like it, it's chaos. How about I decide just announced should really be about Starbucks and sexual fantasies and University of Michigan athletics? I think Hey Seth shouldnt be about requests for Seth, I think it should be about pruning and topiaries and how to build a greenhouse. How does that sound?

Just because you think some stupid show is prestigious doesn't mean anyone else does.  TV shows are TV shows.  Get over yourself. 
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 10:52:52 am by atomic »

ggw

« Reply #239 on: May 19, 2014, 10:52:32 am »
That Uncle Si is so wacky.