Author Topic: Firefly festival  (Read 8982 times)

azaghal1981

Re: Firefly festival
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 11:44:21 pm »
You'd be surprised. I regretted buying a ticket last year after the schedule came out but caught much more than I thought I would. The venues are all within walking distance of each other and I waited in only one line for a set all weekend.
The painful conflicts are unavoidable but you'll have a good time regardless of what you choose to check out.
احمد

Justin Tonation

• Did you ever wonder?
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 12:30:06 am »
I like the Hopscotch lineups but it's schedule couldn't be any less convenient for me. I would kill to go to Moogfest, especially this year, but it's just out of reach right now.
😐 🎶

Hexenjagd

« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 01:26:53 am »
Atomic, I was able to see 25 artists at Hopscotch, and could have easily seen more.

azaghal1981

« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 01:31:24 am »
I think my total ended up being 32?
احمد

wml7

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:56 am »
I went last year and had fun.  I think they were saying they oversold the second year compared to the first.  It was over crowded, but what do you expect it's a festival.  Getting in was a mess but they should have that worked out as well this year.  Security was really cool too.  It was all the guys from dc who do the verizon shows and chili cook off.  I will be going again this year.
 ;D

atomic

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 10:57:15 am »
Atomic, I was able to see 25 artists at Hopscotch, and could have easily seen more.

Was that 25 full sets or was that a bunch of set-splitting? 

StoneTheCrow

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 02:11:14 pm »
Been giving Hopscotch some thought.  Really wanted to go last year.

Got Haggis?

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 03:12:56 pm »
i've been thinking about ATP Iceland...just don't know if I can stomach a $800/flight on top of expensive hotel and well..just everything being expensive in Reykjavik

Hexenjagd

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2014, 03:15:31 pm »

Full sets.  Anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.  Some artists had more time, some less (probably a 40 minute average).  I think the amount of time I was watching music was around 18 to 20 hours (5 hours of fest time a day for three nights, plus two days of 5 hour day parties, minus time that i hung out and ate/traveling between venues...)

It was more than worth the money.  I loved it more than Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, or V Fest.  The only fest that I have enjoyed more was ScapeScape; but that probably wont be beat for me due to location, artists booked, and price.  

Azaghal1981, I am unlikely to attend this year.  I already have one trip planned for April, and want to plan a vacation for later in the year as well... I don't know if planning to attend Hopscotch is what I should be doing.  There is a tiny chance I go, but it would involve some things I think we might have discussed, happening.

atomic

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 03:36:14 pm »
i've been thinking about ATP Iceland...just don't know if I can stomach a $800/flight on top of expensive hotel and well..just everything being expensive in Reykjavik

Hotels aren't that expensive in Reykjavik though the one we had was rather small.  Cool city and country but I think when I go back I would go during the summer. 

James Ford

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 04:58:11 pm »
commensurate

I have not been but I know five people who have. All of them are huge fans of the Dave Matthews Band. Small sample size, but that vibe turns me off.

Agree lineup is not commiserate with cost too.

Brian_Wallace

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 09:25:09 pm »

Don't listen to them.  Firefly's a good hang.  You can camp.  Do you surf?

Brian

Yada

« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2014, 12:47:21 am »

Full sets.  Anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour.  Some artists had more time, some less (probably a 40 minute average).  I think the amount of time I was watching music was around 18 to 20 hours (5 hours of fest time a day for three nights, plus two days of 5 hour day parties, minus time that i hung out and ate/traveling between venues...)

It was more than worth the money.  I loved it more than Lollapalooza, Bonnaroo, or V Fest.  The only fest that I have enjoyed more was ScapeScape; but that probably wont be beat for me due to location, artists booked, and price.  

Azaghal1981, I am unlikely to attend this year.  I already have one trip planned for April, and want to plan a vacation for later in the year as well... I don't know if planning to attend Hopscotch is what I should be doing.  There is a tiny chance I go, but it would involve some things I think we might have discussed, happening.

What drugs did you take to get through all of that?

Hexenjagd

« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2014, 09:34:25 am »
I drank a few beers the last night.  Caffeine was my main substance the rest of the time.

azaghal1981

« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2014, 10:03:22 am »
Joe did pile upon pile of blow though.

Kidding but a coked up Joe is a funny thought.
احمد