Author Topic: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice  (Read 57222 times)

Hexenjagd

Re: Comic Books, Slacks, Herpes, and Parenting Advice
« Reply #150 on: May 08, 2014, 11:54:42 am »
How about having no kids and waking up when you want?

(just a joke, good for you guys for procreating)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 11:56:16 am by Hexenjagd »

chaz

• este lugar es una mierda
« Reply #151 on: May 08, 2014, 12:20:44 pm »
My daughter woke up at 4:30am yesterday yelling "Today is the day! Today is the day!"

Thankfully, we all fell back asleep and I got to sleep until 6:30am on my birthday.

Still, there's nothing better in the world than having a cool kid who loves you.
Happy birthday.

Mine is in a few weeks.  Unfortunately, it looks like I may be spending it on the first day at a new job, in a new city, with the wife and kids not to join me there til several weeks later.  Boo for that.  But yay for everything else.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 12:45:55 pm by chaz »

James Ford

« Reply #152 on: May 08, 2014, 01:31:10 pm »
Thanks. And congratulations, with qualifications. There will be many more birthdays for you, I'm sure.

Does this mean we're going to have to have a virtual going away party for you, or do you plan to hang around this chat board after leaving the area, as others do?

Are you moving to North Carolina, as previously mentioned as a possibility?

My daughter woke up at 4:30am yesterday yelling "Today is the day! Today is the day!"

Thankfully, we all fell back asleep and I got to sleep until 6:30am on my birthday.

Still, there's nothing better in the world than having a cool kid who loves you.
Happy birthday.

Mine is in a few weeks.  Unfortunately, it looks like I may be spending it on the first day at a new job, in a new city, with the wife and kids not to join me there til several weeks later.  Boo for that.  But yay for everything else.

Julian, Forum COGNOSCENTI

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #153 on: May 08, 2014, 01:45:03 pm »

"You're twenty-something years old! You're too old for birthdays!"
LVMH

chaz

« Reply #154 on: May 08, 2014, 01:50:25 pm »
Thanks. And congratulations, with qualifications. There will be many more birthdays for you, I'm sure.

Does this mean we're going to have to have a virtual going away party for you, or do you plan to hang around this chat board after leaving the area, as others do?

Happy birthday.

Yes, Raleigh area.  It could still not happen.  I'm waiting on their reply to my counter offer.  I think we'll make a deal though.

No party necessary.  I'll still lurk I'm sure. 

« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2014, 01:52:41 pm »

Happy birthday.

Yes, Raleigh area.  It could still not happen.  I'm waiting on their reply to my counter offer.  I think we'll make a deal though.

Raleigh is a really nice town. I enjoy it a lot. The suburbs are basically an Operation Tea Party encampment though. Especially Cary.
LVMH

chaz

« Reply #156 on: May 08, 2014, 02:08:12 pm »

Happy birthday.

Raleigh is a really nice town. I enjoy it a lot. The suburbs are basically an Operation Tea Party encampment though. Especially Cary.
My brother lives in Cary.  I guess since it's so centrally located to RTP and downtown people love that place.  It's much more expensive than other areas down there and the lots are mostly small.  Personally I don't see the attraction.

State politics are definitely one of the drawbacks of life down there, but there are many predominantly progressive enclaves as well.  If it happens I'll probably live in Apex or West Raleigh the first year.  After that it's all about land.  So I'll probably end up on 5+ acres about 20-30 minutes outside of town.

« Reply #157 on: May 08, 2014, 02:10:54 pm »
Apex is definitely larger lots. I know a woman who lives there. The politics is definitely the worst part of the area.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #158 on: May 08, 2014, 02:21:26 pm »

Happy birthday.

My brother lives in Cary.  I guess since it's so centrally located to RTP and downtown people love that place.  It's much more expensive than other areas down there and the lots are mostly small.  Personally I don't see the attraction.

State politics are definitely one of the drawbacks of life down there, but there are many predominantly progressive enclaves as well.  If it happens I'll probably live in Apex or West Raleigh the first year.  After that it's all about land.  So I'll probably end up on 5+ acres about 20-30 minutes outside of town.

Do you farm, chaz?

chaz

« Reply #159 on: May 08, 2014, 02:29:14 pm »

Happy birthday.

Do you farm, chaz?
We have two horses.  For the last year we leased a 25 acre farm and ran a horse boarding facility/retreat center in Lovettsville VA.

We want to live someplace where we can afford some land to live with our horses.  Ponds, riding trails, and places to ride quads and dirtbikes are nice too.

Doing this around here on 4 or 5 or more acres sets you back at least 6 or 700k and gives you at least a 90 minute commute to dc.  In raleigh you can spend 3-400k and be 20 or 30 minutes from town with acres, and a nice 2000+ sq ft house.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2014, 02:31:46 pm by chaz »

« Reply #160 on: May 08, 2014, 02:31:18 pm »
You mean to tell me we could've been discussing dressage competitions this entire time, and you didn't think to let me know? That's fucked up with weed, Chaz!
LVMH

chaz

« Reply #161 on: May 08, 2014, 02:32:33 pm »
You mean to tell me we could've been discussing dressage competitions this entire time, and you didn't think to let me know? That's fucked up with weed, Chaz!
We don't do that fancy pants dressage shit.  We ride western.  When my wife was 14 she was national champion barrel racer.  This was competing against grown men.  Totally bad ass.

« Reply #162 on: May 08, 2014, 02:36:25 pm »
We don't do that fancy pants dressage shit.  We ride western.  When my wife was 14 she was national champion barrel racer.  This was competing against grown men.  Totally bad ass.
You were right to keep this information from me. Does she at least do equestrian now?
LVMH

chaz

« Reply #163 on: May 08, 2014, 02:40:02 pm »
You were right to keep this information from me. Does she at least do equestrian now?
If by equestrian you mean ride and hang out with horses, yes.  But our  mustang is at horse camp right now getting two months of training  :)

chaz

« Reply #164 on: May 08, 2014, 02:43:44 pm »
For the record, horse people are some of the biggest freak, pain in the ass people you will ever meet.  Western riding folks are much more laid back and cool.  When we were boarding horses for money, as soon as we heard "dressage" or "hunter-jumper" we would say sorry, we're all filled up.