Author Topic: pizza . . . underground  (Read 25266 times)

moeszyslak

Re: pizza . . . underground
« Reply #75 on: March 24, 2014, 11:50:30 am »
I can't believe they wasted their hunger on Manny and Olga's.

I haven't been to Manny and Olga's in a few years.   Does the guy who is a doppelganger for Mike Damone in Fast Times At Ridgemont High still work there? 

Julian, White Poet WARLORD

• 11x MVP, 1st Posts, HoF, Certified Weblebrity
« Reply #76 on: March 24, 2014, 12:15:02 pm »
I can't believe they wasted their hunger on Manny and Olga's.
The venue picked it.

I did think it funny after the show there was this mass exodus to go get some pizza and virtually everyone walked right by there and went to the jumbo slice on U St instead.

Incidentally, the band had lunch at a taco bar in Richmond, not pizza.
LVMH

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #77 on: April 11, 2014, 02:45:53 pm »
I'll be in LA when PU plays there.  $15 tickets still available.  Are they really worth seeing?  I would be giving up a night at a beer garden in Escondido...

« Reply #78 on: April 11, 2014, 02:56:34 pm »
I'll be in LA when PU plays there.  $15 tickets still available.  Are they really worth seeing?  I would be giving up a night at a beer garden in Escondido...
Yes.
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #79 on: April 11, 2014, 03:09:09 pm »
Yes.

no

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
    • Wait, the entire rest of the internet exists and you CHOOSE to post here? Who hurt you?
« Reply #80 on: April 11, 2014, 03:38:31 pm »
Here are other the bands playing that week that I'd consider seeing.  Which are the best live?

Darkstar
OAR
Philip Glass
Manchester Orchestra
Bad Plus
Tune-Yards
Jack Beats
Acid Mothers Temple

Mind you, I know little of most of these bands, but are open to most musical styles.

« Reply #81 on: April 11, 2014, 03:41:57 pm »
MANCHESTER ORCHESTRA
LVMH

Yada

« Reply #82 on: April 11, 2014, 03:50:11 pm »
Here are other the bands playing that week that I'd consider seeing.  Which are the best live?

Darkstar
OAR
Philip Glass
Manchester Orchestra
Bad Plus
Tune-Yards
Jack Beats
Acid Mothers Temple

Mind you, I know little of most of these bands, but are open to most musical styles.

I most likely wouldn't leave my house to see any of those bands unless it was free, transported via car service, and then had food and drink on the house... BUT... I'd probably pick Tune Yards or Dark Star.

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2014, 04:02:09 pm »

if by "beer garden in escondido" you mean the gardens at Stone World Bistro then no, none of those bands are worth it. 
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #84 on: April 11, 2014, 04:05:21 pm »

grateful

• 👤 👩 👦 📷 📺
« Reply #85 on: April 11, 2014, 04:13:11 pm »

if by "beer garden in escondido" you mean the gardens at Stone World Bistro then no, none of those bands are worth it. 

That's the one!  I may hit it a couple of times that week...

sweetcell

• I don't belong here.
« Reply #86 on: April 11, 2014, 05:16:26 pm »

That's the one!  I may hit it a couple of times that week...

wow, i'm jealous.  more than just an amazing selection of beer, everyone who visits that place raves about how beautiful it is.  enjoy.

another really cool place to drink and get your beer geek on is the tasting room at White Labs (http://www.whitelabs.com/white-labs-tasting-room), about 15 minutes south of Escondido.
<sig>

i am gay and i like cats

« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2014, 11:56:58 am »

stevewizzle

« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2014, 12:55:54 pm »

Darkstar
OAR
Philip Glass
Manchester Orchestra
Bad Plus
Tune-Yards
Jack Beats
Acid Mothers Temple

darkstar rules

i am gay and i like cats