Author Topic: Comic books and other nerdy topics  (Read 136779 times)

killsaly

Re: Comic books and other nerdy topics
« Reply #570 on: January 19, 2016, 05:19:06 pm »
Actually, a good chunk of the comic books I read are mature themed and not for children. Same with the video games I play. 

If I am watching something like TMNT, it is mainly because of nostalgia.

killsaly

« Reply #571 on: January 19, 2016, 05:22:25 pm »
Also, why would anything like video games be embarrassing?   They have been part of the pop culture landscape for like 40 years. 

How is being obsessed with sports any different (pro or even your sacred college sports)?  It is just games mostly being played by kids (and young adults) and obsessed over by grown men.

How is wearing a jersey any different than cosplaying as Wolverine?  (I do not cosplay as anything, just asking).

And do not even get me started on the BS that is fantasy football... I will take video games ANY day to that bullshit.

killsaly

« Reply #572 on: January 19, 2016, 05:25:21 pm »
You liked football growing up (I did not).  I liked video games and comic books.  And I am not ashamed of what I like.  It is people like you who are basically nerds who think you are better than other nerds, and for some reason imagine your fandom is different than anyone else's.

Relaxer

« Reply #573 on: January 19, 2016, 05:43:24 pm »
Guys, guys, just think about how much time Julian spends staring mindlessly at television programs. It wonderfully negates any shame he attempts to sling our way.
oword

killsaly

« Reply #574 on: January 19, 2016, 06:38:37 pm »
/
« Last Edit: January 19, 2016, 06:43:27 pm by killsaly »

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #575 on: January 20, 2016, 03:37:23 pm »
New Suicide Squad trailer!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMb-RrhTxIE

Can't wait to see the insane romance of Joker and Harley on the big screen. Still not totally sold on Margot Robbie as Harley, but excited to see her in a film version finally and see this new take on the Joker. Also, when did Will Smith become so bland? I get he's been an action movie star for years, but I'm so disconnected from him as Deadshot...
‼‼?‼‼

killsaly

« Reply #576 on: January 21, 2016, 11:06:57 pm »

killsaly

« Reply #577 on: January 30, 2016, 01:18:50 pm »
I love Kevin Smith.  He seems like such an awesome dad.  Look how happy his daughter Harley Quinn is after he presents her with the bat used by the character Harley Quinn, in Suicide Squad...

DeathFromAbove1979

• Twitter
« Reply #578 on: February 01, 2016, 12:57:34 pm »
Ugh that's so coooollll I want that bat!!! I have a couple artist prints of Harley in my room. One right next to my Joker figure [from the animated The Batman series from a couple years ago]. That's rad. I'm sure that's ONE of the bats? Right? Can't wait to see that costume all over the place during Halloween this year....
‼‼?‼‼

« Reply #583 on: February 02, 2016, 01:42:45 pm »
slack

killsaly

« Reply #584 on: February 02, 2016, 10:32:57 pm »